Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Dean Smith Interviewed

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Almost like he was carried at Villa by Grealish and McGinn

He wasn't carried, he just.... urm... sat back and let them to do what they wanted. :classic_blush:

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No big clubs coming for him then? Almost like he was carried at Villa by Grealish and McGinn and has been exposed as a rather substandard manager without them

Isn’t his lad living in the States. Personally I’d wait to see if Reading come calling if I was him. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Isn’t his lad living in the States. Personally I’d wait to see if Reading come calling if I was him. 

Yeah, in New York I believe. Not a million miles away from Charlotte, NC.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They won't 

3 hours ago, Satriales said:

Yeah, in New York I believe. Not a million miles away from Charlotte, NC.

In some ways….. it is.

Not sure why people continue to hate on the guy, yea his football was pretty **** but he didn’t appoint himself and it’s pretty clear since he left he was doing an ok job with the players at his disposal.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Not sure why people continue to hate on the guy, yea his football was pretty **** but he didn’t appoint himself and it’s pretty clear since he left he was doing an ok job with the players at his disposal.

Didn't he say something like he preferred when we play away because of the whingers?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Didn't he say something like he preferred when we play away because of the whingers?

Yea to be fair you’re right he got pretty prickly under pressure at the end. That’s fair, don’t insult supporters is rule 1.

Personally I just found him a bit of a nothing manager, don’t hate him, don’t blame him for where we are now, never warmed to him in any way either. Now he’s gone just don't care about him either way to be honest.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Yea to be fair you’re right he got pretty prickly under pressure at the end. That’s fair, don’t insult supporters is rule 1.

Personally I just found him a bit of a nothing manager, don’t hate him, don’t blame him for where we are now, never warmed to him in any way either. Now he’s gone just don't care about him either way to be honest.

Apart from Everton at home in PL he did nothing to impress me. But I did say I wasn't convinced changing him would improve things. And it didn't. But once you upset the supporters you're toast. Repeat Webber. Repeat Delia (and Michael?). While all that was going on the changes in ownership were happening. Ideally Smith would have been able to see out the interim. 

Wagner's been so careful not to upset the fans but it's not helping him. Only results can.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Apart from Everton at home in PL he did nothing to impress me. But I did say I wasn't convinced changing him would improve things. And it didn't. But once you upset the supporters you're toast. Repeat Webber. Repeat Delia (and Michael?). While all that was going on the changes in ownership were happening. Ideally Smith would have been able to see out the interim. 

Wagner's been so careful not to upset the fans but it's not helping him. Only results can.

Think it’s a bit of both Nutty, but I agree.

Dean Smith was right on one thing, winning is the best sticking plaster.

• Like 1