23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Live on BBC One at 7;45. Of course it's womens football which I'm sure will annoy the usual suspects on here but hey, I get the feeling it's going to be a fun one 😉

Are you trying to say Stuart Webber is on here then ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Are you trying to say Stuart Webber is on here then ?

I doubt he'd get a good enough reception half way up a mountain.

England should win with a bit to spare but anything can happen in these games. That said, I am at Manchester Airport awaiting the flight to Berlin tonight before heading to see Miss TGS for her birthday, Christmas and New Year so there will be no Stuart Webber-style comments from me tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Such a weird scenario that if England win by miles some of the Scots team will get to play in the Olympics.

It's a weird one, because some of those Scots would be a shoe in to the GB squad. Caroline Weir, if she was playing, would be one of the best players on the pitch tonight. Kerr and Cuthbert are playing and likely candidates for GB. Will they want to destroy their own Olympic hopes in a game that cannot do anything for them?

Might have a cheeky punt on 7-0.

Edited by canarydan23

19 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

What's the permutations?

If Scotland win Team GB won't be at the Olympics?

Well, that's another reason for a Scotland win. 😉

Short answer is that England need to win by three more goals than the Dutch do.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Is this actually a midfield that Billy Gilmour could walk into is the real question 😉

You wouldn't let it lie......😄

32 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Is this actually a midfield that Billy Gilmour could walk into is the real question 😉

Ban incoming...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Face painted and can’t wait for K.O. 

image.jpeg.b7b5a9a372856318fd517e72c06045af.jpeg image.jpeg.9414784eb48f41e8906455e6023b7b5a.jpeg

Followed at half-time by a couple o' bounces on 'Sammy Snake'......

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.b7b5a9a372856318fd517e72c06045af.jpeg image.jpeg.9414784eb48f41e8906455e6023b7b5a.jpeg

Followed at half-time by a couple o' bounces on 'Sammy Snake'......

Sammy Snake looks up for it. 

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Because it'll mean Team GB won't be at the Olympic.

why do you not want gb in the Olympics ?

6 minutes ago, mastoola said:

why?

He's a bitter Scot struggling to come to terms with the fact his nation needs the English.

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

If you genuinely think that people got banned for dissing Billy Gilmour then I have some magic beans available at a reasonable price.

People don't get banned for criticising players. They get banned for breaking the rules.

Join the dots.

I don't genuinely believe that.

I believe people got banned because a sad act who doesn't even support Norwich goes around a Norwich City message board constantly reporting posts that contain one of millions of things that upset you.

Proper weird old boy. Proper weird.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Because it could give FIFA a reason to dissolve England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and make it a permanent Team GB.

So…England then? 

5 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Screenshot_20231203_175245_X.jpg

"In Scotland 29% of people support Independence, 58% of people were opposed (this survey asked a generic support or oppose independence question, but the result was almost identical to when we asked questions on how people would vote in a referendum on independence for Scotsman prior to the election).

Asked if Scotland or England & Wales benefited more from the Union, Scottish respondents tended to think it was quite even - 40% thought both partners benefitted equally, 32% that England and Wales benefitted more, 21% that Scotland benefits more. Scots also tended to think that both sides of the Union would be worse off if Scotland was independent. 43% thought England & Wales would be financially worse off without Scotland (only 14% thought they'd be better off), and 47% thought Scotland would be financially worse off if it became independent (28% thought Scotland would be better off). In Scotland, while a large minority support independence and think Scotland would be better off independent, the general view seems to be that the Union is a partnership that benefits both sides, roughly evenly.

Compare this with England and Wales. English and Welsh respondents are pretty evenly split on Scottish independence - 41% would support Scotland becoming independent, 40% would oppose it (meaning, of course, that Scottish independence is actually somewhat more popular with the English and Welsh than with the Scots). Perceptions amongst the English & Welsh are that Scotland currently gets the better deal from the Union - 54% think Scotland benefits more, compared to 27% who think it is equal and 8% who think England and Wales get the better deal."

If only they let the English vote, we want Scottish independence more than the Scottish 🤣

• Haha 1