8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

"In Scotland 29% of people support Independence, 58% of people were opposed (this survey asked a generic support or oppose independence question, but the result was almost identical to when we asked questions on how people would vote in a referendum on independence for Scotsman prior to the election).

Asked if Scotland or England & Wales benefited more from the Union, Scottish respondents tended to think it was quite even - 40% thought both partners benefitted equally, 32% that England and Wales benefitted more, 21% that Scotland benefits more. Scots also tended to think that both sides of the Union would be worse off if Scotland was independent. 43% thought England & Wales would be financially worse off without Scotland (only 14% thought they'd be better off), and 47% thought Scotland would be financially worse off if it became independent (28% thought Scotland would be better off). In Scotland, while a large minority support independence and think Scotland would be better off independent, the general view seems to be that the Union is a partnership that benefits both sides, roughly evenly.

Compare this with England and Wales. English and Welsh respondents are pretty evenly split on Scottish independence - 41% would support Scotland becoming independent, 40% would oppose it (meaning, of course, that Scottish independence is actually somewhat more popular with the English and Welsh than with the Scots). Perceptions amongst the English & Welsh are that Scotland currently gets the better deal from the Union - 54% think Scotland benefits more, compared to 27% who think it is equal and 8% who think England and Wales get the better deal."

If only they let the English vote, we want Scottish independence more than the Scottish 🤣

Scottish Independence is just the Brexit referendum but painted blue and white and nobody will convince me otherwise. Both straight up use the exact same arguments about leaving a union. All you have to do is look at any Scottish pro indy document and relace "England" and "UK" in it with "EU" and it sounds the same as the nonsense you would hear years ago coming out of Nigel Farage mouth

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Plus there's Gilmour

Hey, England have some pretty decent kitmen too, it's not a given they'd take Gilmour to clean the boots.

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

If it ends double figures no one can complain.

The defending and goalkeeper has been shocking

Men vs boys stuff. or uh, women vs girls.

Really not that fun to watch when one team is just so much stronger. It's like watching Man City when they play a national leauge side in the cup it's just boring

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

If you genuinely think that people got banned for dissing Billy Gilmour then I have some magic beans available at a reasonable price.

People don't get banned for criticising players. They get banned for breaking the rules.

Join the dots.

What’s the score, grass?

26 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He's a bitter Scot struggling to come to terms with the fact his nation needs the English.

but scotland would definitely have some players in the squad

9 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Do you actually know how rich Scotland is with it's resources?

I'll reiterate, England lie and play the dark arts to keep Scotland in the Union for a reason.

Perpetual asset stripping.

Has anyone asked themselves why ZERO english PMs have ever wanted Scotland to leave the Union?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/panicking-david-cameron-asked-queen-20094676

is that asset oil?

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

but scotland would definitely have some players in the squad

Definitely. Cuthbert would get in, if Weir gets fit in time (doubtful) she'd be straight in, she's a star at Real Madrid.

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Amongst other things:

Screenshot_20231103_215815_X.jpg

what would happen to ship building if the "English navy" stopped building in scotland?

6 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Amongst other things:

And the Pinkun has 0% of the fu¢ks to give.

These are laughable stats really.

Whether there is a collusion here or not....the Dutch will certainly have their suspicions that there is.

..it does also bring about once again ,the conversation of quite why the 4 United Kingdom nations dont compete separately, or indeed arent made to compete seperately.

When you consider every other country in the world does, however small they are.

There's pros and cons of course. On the one hand ,in certain sports Great Britain is stronger for picking athletes from all 4 nations, on the other hand, in events where only one team can compete...or only 3 athletes can qualify, there could be 4 teams instead of 1 ...or 12 athletes instead of 3, who get the chance to compete at an olympic games

Just now, TheDarkKnight said:

We'd advertise abroad.

The world doesn't start and end within these shores.

You'd advertise abroad? Well that's sorted then, at least you've got a plan 🤣

We'd advertise abroad.

The world doesn't start and end within these shores.

but the intellectual property of the ships is owned by "English" companies

This is the most attention @TheDarkKnight has had in weeks

After I trashed his reputation showing up what a grass he is nobody has wanted to interact with him

He’s had to resort to speaking to the creatures on the non-football board. Talk about desperation!

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Whether there is a collusion here or not....the Dutch will certainly have their suspicions that there is.

..it does also bring about once again ,the conversation of quite why the 4 United Kingdom nations dont compete separately, or indeed arent made to compete seperately.

When you consider every other country in the world does, however small they are.

There's pros and cons of course. On the one hand ,in certain sports Great Britain is stronger for picking athletes from all 4 nations, on the other hand, in events where only one team can compete...or only 3 athletes can qualify, there could be 4 teams instead of 1 ...or 12 athletes instead of 3, who get the chance to compete at an olympic games

Well to be fair Scotland have not yet even won a single match this contest and have looked poor and England are one of the strongest womens sides around but even so.. Yeah I would feel a little cheesed if I were a Dutch fan

In the 3 largest cities you’ll find it hard to find a true Scot which I am 

English and mainly Immigrants run the shops, hotels transport etc

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well to be fair Scotland have not yet even won a single match this contest and have looked poor and England are one of the strongest womens sides around but even so.. Yeah I would feel a little cheesed if I were a Dutch fan

because of the system of qualifying for the Olympics.  i think the Scottish team have worked really hard

1 minute ago, daly said:

In the 3 largest cities you’ll find it hard to find a true Scot which I am 

English and mainly Immigrants run the shops, hotels transport etc

same with immigrants all over the uk

Going into intellectual property is a thorny issue.

71% of English water industries is owned by overseas owners. I could go through every part of England's infrastructure and reveal just how little of England's companies and resources that are English owned.

I'm sure we'd survive and work out a plan. 🙂

I'm sure you would and i am a pro Scottish person  however i think we are better together.  in the same way as i think we should be in Europe and be better together.  i will ask the same question   do you live in Norwich?

53 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

If you genuinely think that people got banned for dissing Billy Gilmour then I have some magic beans available at a reasonable price.

People don't get banned for criticising players. They get banned for breaking the rules.

Join the dots.

What rule is broken by saying Billy Gilmour sucks?............

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

What rule is broken by saying Billy Gilmour sucks?............

that depends on what you are accusing him of sucking

how much revenue from the city of london goes to scotland every year?  i will ask again do you live in norwich?

43 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Nah.

Robertson Is better than Shaw. Plus Gilmour and McGre

Actually, it was the British (non Scots) who swung the vote.

And saying that mean nothing. You vote Tory and you voted Brexit.

English voters aren't bright.

Plus, zero English PMs have ever called for Scotland to get independence. Wonder why. We've been propping up the UK economy since the 70s.

*Cough*, half of Norwich voted Labour and Norwich was a Remain city................

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mastoola said:

@the darkknight do you live in norwich??????

He doesn't.

He's a Man U fan from Scotland.

Effin weird!

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Mate, I've answered you.

ive just checked every post you made and no you have not