Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

AGM Live

2 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I never rated him as highly as many did. Would get caught for pace too often and so relied upon shirt pulling. At the moment it sounds like we got the better of the deal.

100%. 

Day light robbery. Just like the money we got for Josh Murphy and Jamal Lewis.

Delia has just pour a gallon of petrol on the fire ! 

when we play Preston i think their will be more than 20 % fans unhappy and negative 

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

100%. 

Day light robbery. Just like the money we got for Josh Murphy and Jamal Lewis.

Was Godfrey really worth the same figure (roughly) as Maddison

57 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This is the difference between a David McNally and a 'yes man' amatuer like Knapper

McNally quickly identified that Gunn wasnt up to the job and acted decisively in replacing him with Lambert

This guy had the opportunity to make an early mark and has opted to fudge it

Zero comparison between those two situations. Absolutely none.

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

She should have gone home the night she got pissed up, stormed the pitch and made it quite clear how much she hates the fanbase.

And still denies it! Fast forward a few years and repeated it at Portman Road. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to enjoy a few but just don’t pick a microphone up in front of 26,000 when you’re hammered. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’ve got to have a laugh playing on here haven’t you. Never take yourself too seriously and know when to ease off (I’ve never mastered that art though after a few wines) it’s still fun though and I’ll try not to get banned. 

My late Dad told a story about somebody he worked with at Colmans who was easy to start an argument with, his workmates used to start and argument with him as they left off, this bloke lived out towards Mulbarton and his workmates lived in Thorpe, they all cycled into work, they once kept him arguing all the way to the top of Ketts Hill before he realised how far out of his way he had gone..............

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Delia has just pour a gallon of petrol on the fire ! 

when we play Preston i think their will be more than 20 % fans unhappy and negative 

I think it's good news. If she wants confrontation with the fans it will only end one way. The sooner the better.

• Like 1

I asked the question to the Sporting Director when are changes going to come regarding the present coaching staff

Answer was glossed over

Also so much of he meeting was devoted to accounting queries which was way above the head of the majority there

This and questions regarding the women’s team suited the BOD because they had few questions to answer regarding how this club is headed in the wrong direction

Edited by daly
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think it's good news. If she wants confrontation with the fans it will only end one way. The sooner the better.

i have no idea why she does that ,

she is not helping anyone with comments like that Knapper must be thinking what have i got myself into here 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

And still denies it! Fast forward a few years and repeated it at Portman Road. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to enjoy a few but just don’t pick a microphone up in front of 26,000 when you’re hammered. 

…don’t forget it was live on Sky, too. 

I was working in the city at the time and was watching the match with a few other yellows at the Railway Tavern at Liverpool Street. Delia’s cameo was broadcast live, it was absolutely mortifying. 

1 minute ago, mrdi said:

…don’t forget it was live on Sky, too. 

I was working in the city at the time and was watching the match with a few other yellows at the Railway Tavern at Liverpool Street. Delia’s cameo was broadcast live, it was absolutely mortifying. 

i was at the Game and thought i really can not believe what i am seeing here 

If it is true as reported that Delia Smith believes that 20% are Boo Boys and the remaining 80% are enthusiastic Supporters happy with the performances on the pitch, then she is deeply delusional or just running the company line for the benefit of the press and potential investors. Or perhaps she has had a couple of gin and tonics. Anyway, I think that shortly she will be forced to deal with a very disgruntled supporter base.

Only one man who can sort this out, ‘Neil (I won’t sit on the fence) Adams’ The man takes no prisoners and is scared of no one. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, RobJames said:

The problem is you need to have a hefty budget to get into the PL then spend a huge sum to hopefully stay there. If you are lucky you can stay in that cycle. If not, you join the numerous others making up the numbers in the Championship. They won't tell you that is the case, but a quick glance at the CH table will tell you all you need to know.

You don't need a hefty budget, yes it helps, you need quality throughout the club, management, coaches, recruitment, a manager whose task is improvement and development, not promotion (that should come naturally) then you have the basis to create something sustainable.   Youth players need to be in a system and atmosphere where they can thrive without pressure and the recruitment team can be trusted to spend the money prudently on players meeting a specific brief for that position.     Giannoulis for example is too lightweight to be a defender.    Gibson and Duffy far too slow, McLean no way is he a CDM, Hernandez has no end product to service forwards.      Barnes is no No. 10 and too slow for a main forward!     

You need to develop a team that has a mix of experience and exhuberence.    A team with pace and power and quality in the right areas and a system everyone knows well and understands..... we weren't far away 5 years ago.   It can be done and if it doesn't work, you'll have a team that is at least often competitive.

You need brave and patient management that learns from lessons, rather than panics and changes course and loses its way like this lot have.   

Webber really went from hero to zero so rapidly its hard to believe.   

I think it’s all rather sad. Sounds less like an AGM for a 2nd tier professional football club; more like one for a Parish-run Village Hall community group. 

Edited by mrdi
  • Like 1

These 2 octogenarians really need removing from their post now.

"Owners" who stopped putting money in 15 yrs ago who still swan around in directors boxes up and down the country.

They want the lifestyle and privielges that go with club ownership without the responsibility of funding the club like any other club would demand of the post.

Any 2 of us in this forum could just as easily sit in a directors box home and away if it didnt require pre requisties of club ownership

...just move aside now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Only one man who can sort this out, ‘Neil (I won’t sit on the fence) Adams. The man takes no prisoners and is scared of no one. 

Can't wait. I'd happily pay extra to have him in charge again.

12 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

You don't need a hefty budget, yes it helps, you need quality throughout the club, management, coaches, recruitment, a manager whose task is improvement and development, not promotion (that should come naturally) … 

What is promotion that comes unnaturally??? 🤔

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

These 2 octogenarians really need removing from their post now.

"Owners" who stopped putting money in 15 yrs ago who still swan around in directors boxes up and down the country.

They want the lifestyle and privielges that go with club ownership without the responsibility of funding the club like any other club would demand of the post.

Any 2 of us in this forum could just as easily sit in a directors box home and away if it didnt require pre requisties of club ownership

...just move aside now

And the perks!! It must be a chore getting a taxi to Norwich airport for away matches. Take it they’re in the air again for Bristol? 

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Apparently Delia has made a comment along the lines of "80% of our fans are wonderful, the other 20% are negative boo boys " 

Is that the 80 percent who get up and walk out with 15 mins left , and the 20 percent that are hurt and passionate about our club . 

23 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

You don't need a hefty budget, yes it helps, you need quality throughout the club, management, coaches, recruitment, a manager whose task is improvement and development, not promotion (that should come naturally) then you have the basis to create something sustainable.   Youth players need to be in a system and atmosphere where they can thrive without pressure and the recruitment team can be trusted to spend the money prudently on players meeting a specific brief for that position.     Giannoulis for example is too lightweight to be a defender.    Gibson and Duffy far too slow, McLean no way is he a CDM, Hernandez has no end product to service forwards.      Barnes is no No. 10 and too slow for a main forward!     

You need to develop a team that has a mix of experience and exhuberence.    A team with pace and power and quality in the right areas and a system everyone knows well and understands..... we weren't far away 5 years ago.   It can be done and if it doesn't work, you'll have a team that is at least often competitive.

You need brave and patient management that learns from lessons, rather than panics and changes course and loses its way like this lot have.   

Webber really went from hero to zero so rapidly its hard to believe.   

err, what you state DOES require a hefty budget, as evidence season after season demonstrates. However it does not mean that guarantees success, but my point is that with parachute payments ending this years we are going to be without the one ingredient we have had for the past decade or so. If we cannot challenge with the parachute money I do not see us doing so without.

This does not stop with Wagner leaving. We need to drive this comfy, cosy bunch of egotists out of this club.

Delia Smith is very quickly adding ‘yeah…but’ to the end of every sentence uttered about her previously impressive tenure. Many, many fans who wouldn’t hear a bad word said about our ownership have turned in the last couple of months. 

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Apparently Delia has made a comment along the lines of "80% of our fans are wonderful, the other 20% are negative boo boys " 

A guy Duncan McGuiness ( or similar sounding name ) said that the awful atmosphere amongst the fans especially at Carrow Road should be a concern for the club and that there was a big disconnect between club and fans.

Delia was having none of it and claimed that the current atmosphere was caused by 20% of the fans being negative and that if she was given a £1 ( or was it a fiver ? ) by everybody else she would be able to buy a new striker.

She also plugged the old record of we lost £30 million during covid as though the other 91 clubs found that period a bed of roses.

Lastly she had an outburst that instead of being negative we should get behind the team because of our injuries and have compassion for the situation we are in.

Not her finest hour tonight and she left the room at the end clutching a glass of wine naturally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's all down to injuries everyone. Ignore the formations, the starting 11's, the tactics, the fitness, the defending.. It's all down to injuries!

Just one , Sargent.  Fell apart after that , all our midfield could be fit and it would still not be fit for purpose.  

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A guy Duncan McGuiness ( or similar sounding name ) said that the awful atmosphere amongst the fans especially at Carrow Road should be a concern for the club and that there was a big disconnect between club and fans.

Delia was having none of it and claimed that the current atmosphere was caused by 20% of the fans being negative and that if she was given a £1 ( or was it a fiver ? ) by everybody else she would be able to buy a new striker.

She also plugged the old record of we lost £30 million during covid as though the other 91 clubs found that period a bed of roses.

Lastly she had an outburst that instead of being negative we should get behind the team because of our injuries and have compassion for the situation we are in.

Not her finest hour tonight and she left the room at the end clutching a glass of wine naturally.

So I guess this means we’re no longer “the best football supporters in the world”…

2 minutes ago, Grando said:

So I guess this means we’re no longer “the best football supporters in the world”…

80% are. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh No Tom will come up with a new idea tomorrow like  the Bond Scheme for training ground 

the club will be asking the Fans for funds to buy players now