cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Hornets V Canaries*

Love him or hate him Webber had a plan when he first came here as DOF and knew what was needed ,

Mcnally Knew what was needed when he came here 

Over to you Knapper 

You just look at the teamsheet and the first question is where is the balance??

For a German to put out such an unstructured side is quite amazing.

You can't sit back to soak up pressure if your side contains no ball winner in the centre of the park. Yes Webber has to take some blame for leaving such an unbalanced squad but who picks the side?!

He's got to go. Knapper has a couple of key things to remedy:

A new manager with a clear style of play

A defensive midfielder (or 2 given our ability to get injured!) 

Does anyone think that this squad deliberately threw this match? Two nil up and then deliberately stopped playing? It looks like there was a calculated decision to give this game away. Just my opinion, but wondering if any authority looks at betting trends on this match.

Never known such a weak Norwich team.

2-0 up against Leeds and Watford, manage to fcuk both of them up and end up losing.

Absolutely awful. We have no spirit or mental strength.

• Like 1

Wow how bad is this team .. we all knew we would lose 3-2 so predictable.. so many players poor quality . Said on sat that win papered over cracks .. he tactically clueless can’t fix the problems no real plan b ..their players said we sat back and were there for taking .. massive rebuild needed .. starting with manager. What’s his feeble excuse tonight ? Oh we don’t need a defensive midfielder didn’t he say ??  Muppet and worst defence in League 

Edited by Wirecanary

21 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Kenny at centre back again.

This reminds me of when we were losing and used to throw Gary Doherty up front.

Arrrr  those were the days , very fond memories 

• Haha 1

Completely confused by Wagner. Cannot understand (1) his line ups, (2) the formations (does he have a range of formations to use in different match situations?), (3) his subs (Idah off and Gibbs on? Onel struggling and no Sainz until so late. Just examples tonight.

To add to this list - the coaching of players? We have lost the art of passing and even controlling the ball.

And it appears there is a loss of belief and confidence in the team. It begins with the manager. We have such little spine. At 2-0 up we looked decent but fold. And that points to a mentality. Again that surely is led by the head coach.

He ought to go. This isn't a Norwich team in the style Knapper has stated he wants. And it won't happen as long as Wagner is here. Nice guy but he has to go.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's fine, but it's supposed to be competitive sport. This fetishising of style over winning that we've been seeing of late is damaging us.

Yes it is supposed to be competitive, there was not much competition on display in that game however and there in lies the complaint. Out played by every measurable metric. I can handle being beaten if we play well. We are not seeing that though are we. I’m not sure how long you’ve been a Norwich fan but if you’ve been around long enough you will know historically Norwich teams have always had a reputation as playing attractive passing football. 

I suppose we had been spoiled under Farke with how well we kept the ball and how well coached the side was. Seems like an eternity ago that he was sacked after an away win in the Prem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Does anyone think that this squad deliberately threw this match? Two nil up and then deliberately stopped playing? It looks like there was a calculated decision to give this game away. Just my opinion, but wondering if any authority looks at betting trends on this match.

I don’t know how any fan on here can say that the players are playing for the manager or crowd. For games and games now a large % of that squad have been so awful that you can only hope they’re doing it to get Wagner the boot. Rather than actually being that bad. 

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

With this set of journeymen what do you really expect! Fisher looked a step up on Stacey, we look better with Sainz on the pitch, really is time to call it a day on playing all the old farts and bed the youngsters in for the future, Warner, Gibbs, Fisher, Sainz, they all need match time to develop!

I agree but many on here won't have it and they'll back that shambles of a transfer window.

We're building nothing at this club it's rotten from the top down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Love him or hate him Webber had a plan when he first came here as DOF and knew what was needed ,

Mcnally Knew what was needed when he came here 

Over to you Knapper 

The problem is Webber has done a 180 and left the squad really weak!

Webber had the whole of Europe to utilise players, Knapper has no money, limited market and not much time to sort things out! This should have been sorted out in May before the summer!

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I agree but many on here won't have it and they'll back that shambles of a transfer window.

Hoggy will be along soon to explain how it’s all going great 

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's embarrassing being a Norwich fan at the moment tbh.

Wagner cannot survive this surely?

We are mentally weak throughout the club.

I would be gobsmacked if they fire him before Christmas. 

15 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

This is the worst Norwich side I’ve ever seen. 

I am in no way trying to defend the current squad but you could not have seen the team managed by Hamilton, the current squad is not as bad as them, trust me on this I have watched both and the scars of the Hamilton era have not healed.............

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hey we are building promising youngsters who we will be forced to sell long before we ever see the best of them in order to fund the debt we’ve got ourselves into. So it’s not entirely true…

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am in noway trying to defend the current squad but you could not have seen the team managed by Hamilton, the current squad is not as bad as them, trust me on this I have watched both and the scars of the Hamilton era have not healed.............

Roeder was worse only slightly though. 

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Considering we had to look after possession you'd thought Nunez or Gibbs was the obvious option.

Said it at the time, we had the 2 goal cushion , we should have tried to control the midfield.  He really is a clueless clown.

17 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Without Knapper being very shrewd in the market and a good coach to get more out of this lot and the youth set up - we are on a fast track to selling what little talent we have and plunging into League One before Delia sells up. Possibly even costing the takeover entirely 

I’ll never ever understand why she and hubby get such an easy ride. Only want the camera moving when the going’s good and never there when things get tricky. Yes they put a few quid in but have probably had that back and more on free tickets, air fuel and fine wine. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I would be gobsmacked if they fire him before Christmas. 

He’ll go after Ipswich. They’ll have no choice. It will be that embarrassing 

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Completely confused by Wagner. Cannot understand (1) his line ups, (2) the formations (does he have a range of formations to use in different match situations?), (3) his subs (Idah off and Gibbs on? Onel struggling and no Sainz until so late. Just examples tonight.

To add to this list - the coaching of players? We have lost the art of passing and even controlling the ball.

And it appears there is a loss of belief and confidence in the team. It begins with the manager. We have such little spine. At 2-0 up we looked decent but fold. And that points to a mentality. Again that surely is led by the head coach.

He ought to go. This isn't a Norwich team in the style Knapper has stated he wants. And it won't happen as long as Wagner is here. Nice guy but he has to go.

Quite. Which is why I believe Knapper will tell the board to sack Wagner. As to when depends on whether he has settled on a replacement. All the posters calling for the deed to be done tonight seem to be overlooking that point. As to who it will be, a guess would be that it will be some bright, tactically aware coach few of us have heard of.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

With this set of journeymen what do you really expect! Fisher looked a step up on Stacey, we look better with Sainz on the pitch, really is time to call it a day on playing all the old farts and bed the youngsters in for the future, Warner, Gibbs, Fisher, Sainz, they all need match time to develop!

No. Because they will be required to play to the same plan(?). You can almost hear Wagner shouting "move away from their players", "you are getting too close".

Watford players were queueing up to shoot when they hit the bar. Even the commentator remarked on us not 'closing down'. Neither Idah, nor Hernandez are up to it. Players are consistently out for a few weeks with what appear to be 'strains or pulls', even the friggin' keeper.

The same ridiculous style week in, week out. Two up and we should have been 'up their arzs'. Not allowing them time on the ball. What does Wagner do  Wait until the second half before bringing on two younger defensive players to shore up the game. Too late. Utterly clueless

Just now, S_81 said:

He’ll go after Ipswich. They’ll have no choice. It will be that embarrassing 

Nothing embarrassing about being beat by a side chasing promotion even if it is those lot down the road. The embrassing stuff is all going on before we get there. 

5 minutes ago, GRB2 said:

I think that is possibly the worst Hernandez performance I've seen. 

Perhaps Knapper will get on a plane to Düsseldorf…

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Nothing embarrassing about being beat by a side chasing promotion even if it is those lot down the road. The embrassing stuff is all going on before we get there. 

I think a heavy defeat to Ipswich is always embarrassing. Albeit it’s been a long time since we had one. Unlike them. But the tables have turned - they’re effective and full of drive - we have a dreadful manager and a bunch of players who are flat at best right now. It’s going to be embarrassing. But you’re right - it’s more embarrassing that he’ll even be in the dugout with his record 

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Depends on the performance and the score.

6-0 is a humiliation regardless of the opposition and certainly Ipswich Fcukin Town.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

The problem is Webber has done a 180 and left the squad really weak!

Webber had the whole of Europe to utilise players, Knapper has no money, limited market and not much time to sort things out! This should have been sorted out in May before the summer!

...and no bloody experience. What a 'kin shambles.