Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Wagner needs to stay....

...and I'm hoping things improve under him and we move forwards from now on. I say this, not because I'm a fan of his, but I have this strange sense of inevitablity that big Frank is lined up for the job and it will happen sooner rather than later - unless Wagner gets us moving faster in the right direction.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Lampard as a person and think he has it in him to be a good first team head coach. Sooner or later he is going to take a job, settle to it and make a go of it and I the more I think about it the more I can see it - a young inexperienced Sporting Director wants to get a big name in to establish his credentials - and Frank is available and has shown interest in the past - and we have a bit more about us as a club with Attanasio on board that may be enough to attract him in.

But in that scenario, I'd rather keep Wagner........or maybe FL is just what we need.......

I don't know, I'm conflicted.....

* "conflicted" I said, not "afflicted"...... :classic_smile:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

...and I'm hoping things improve under him and we move forwards from now on. I say this, not because I'm a fan of his, but I have this strange sense of inevitablity that big Frank is lined up for the job and it will happen sooner rather than later - unless Wagner gets us moving faster in the right direction.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Lampard as a person and think he has it in him to be a good first team head coach. Sooner or later he is going to take a job, settle to it and make a go of it and I the more I think about it the more I can see it - a young inexperienced Sporting Director wants to get a big name in to establish his credentials - and Frank is available and has shown interest in the past - and we have a bit more about us as a club with Attanasio on board that may be enough to attract him in.

But in that scenario, I'd rather keep Wagner........or maybe FL is just what we need.......

I don't know, I'm conflicted.....

* "conflicted" I said, not "afflicted"...... :classic_smile:

Keep drinking, it’s always clearer at the end of the session. 

• Like 1

Iam positive that Frank Lampard while not be the replacement for David Wagner. For one simple reason - he will want per month what NCFC would offer per year. The replacement will be out of work and ready to work for low wages.

We were utter rubbish today. A team that had even one half decent player would have beaten us at a canter . 

The lad upfront for QPR with the ink, was as bad as I’ve seen for years. I was sad to see him go off. 

We’ve murdered a team second from bottom 1 nil. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

We were utter rubbish today. A team that had even one half decent player would have beaten us at a canter . 

The lad upfront for QPR with the ink, was as bad as I’ve seen for years. I was sad to see him go off. 

We’ve murdered a team second from bottom 1 nil. 

Lyndon Dykes was the guy with the ink. 

• Like 1

Today's win masked a poor performance. We'll play better than that and lose this season, without doubt. 

That said, two consecutive wins have moved us to within four points of the playoffs again, so it seems harsh to dismiss Wagner now. Now Barnes is back and added some steel, with Rowe and Sargent soon to come, things might improve, but I'd still be very surprised if we troubled the playoffs with Wagner in charge.

43 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I have this strange sense of inevitablity that big Frank is lined up for the job and it will happen sooner rather than later - unless Wagner gets us moving faster in the right direction

This is 40% bonkers.

Wagner is on borrowed time. If he makes it as far as the Ipswich game, then that is the only game in which he has any chance of winning back the majority of the fan base.

Lose it though and he’s done.

He knows he’s gone and it’s just the “everyone’s looking at everyone else waiting for something to happen” purgatory 

iye just what we do. The owners are just d1cking around right now. It’s just what happens. It’s all so tiresome

I can't see Wagner being replaced until there is a replacement lined up and I didn't really detect much desire to get shot of him amongst the fans in the ground today.

We're a club in transition and nothing will really happen until we have a strong BOD and someone with a clear plan on the way ahead. Knapper is a way off that yet.

Ipswich away changes little, regardless of the result.

If anybody thinks were are more than a mid table Championship side and Wagner is going to sort us out i will have a pint of whatever they are drinking.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If anybody thinks were are more than a mid table Championship side and Wagner is going to sort us out i will have a pint of whatever they are drinking.

I know, bizarre how a struggling win against poor opposition can evoke such optimism.    Absolute blind faith!   

Imagine we did get to the play-offs and somehow won….. be hide behind the settee time again!   

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I have this strange sense of inevitablity that big Frank is lined up for the job and it will happen sooner rather than later - unless Wagner gets us moving faster in the right direction

This is 40% bonkers.

I'll take that......

I just sat down and had a think and wondered who on earth would Knapper want to appoint as a replacement for Wagner and it was clear to me that Lampard would be top of his list.......and Lampard has shown interest before....and he's been linked to us recently too. Since I had this brainf&rt, I looked online and lo and behold, on the 7th & 8th November, several sources saying exactly that.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-frank-lampard-contention-replace-david-wagner-norwich-city-manager-everton-chelsea

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I just sat down and had a think

Sounds like you've had two or three stiff 'thinks' to me.

Absolutely no way in the world it's going to be Frank.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'll take that......

I just sat down and had a think and wondered who on earth would Knapper want to appoint as a replacement for Wagner and it was clear to me that Lampard would be top of his list.......and Lampard has shown interest before....and he's been linked to us recently too. Since I had this brainf&rt, I looked online and lo and behold, on the 7th & 8th November, several sources saying exactly that.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-frank-lampard-contention-replace-david-wagner-norwich-city-manager-everton-chelsea

If they change it soon, I’d rather it be Neil Adams on a temporary basis so they can take stock properly and agree a long-term strategy / plan then fit a manager into it.…. but FL, surely they’d get laughed at!   

We Need a manager who can get another 10 % out of players Ability 

Wagner has good players playing badly ,

We have some good players who have played at higher levels we should not be where we are injuries or not 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Trouble is the players we have are mid table at best! Our better youngsters are bound to be sold to balance the debt, FFP are to be adhered to!

Still a wins a win and should build confidence!

I know where Lakey’s coming from but as much as I like Wagner I don’t think he’s right for us now, we need a young progressive coach with fresh ideas and one which can develop the youth system! Our average age of the starting 11 was 29 that’s far tooo old!

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

We have some good players who have played at higher levels we should not be where we are injuries or not 

I think that's a fair assessment. So many players have not kicked on and he has been here a year(?).  Some players might sing his praises but today, a slight improvement in defense came at the expense of creativity elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Nope we have old Journeymen some who have played at higher others haven’t. To get another 10% is difficult as these are seasoned players with little motivation. There are exceptions to theses type of players like Barnes but in general as we have seen over the years there’s a reason other championship teams release these players!

We need younger more motivated players to want to improve themselves into fulfilling their potential, that’s why we need a coach who can build on the youth system as we’re short of funds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nope we have old Journeymen some who have played at higher others haven’t. To get another 10% is difficult as these are seasoned players with little motivation. There are exceptions to theses type of players like Barnes but in general as we have seen over the years there’s a reason other championship teams release these players!

We need younger more motivated players to want to improve themselves into fulfilling their potential, that’s why we need a coach who can build on the youth system as we’re short of funds.

oh Indy i am with you on the Young Motivated players ! 

But the players we have here at the Moment are playing well within themselves ,

This is not the future signing all these older players that's not Norwich City we all Know at all ,

i agree Totally how a younger fresh team is needed but until then we have to have these players playing better and i think they can 

• Like 1

Nothing has changed re Wagner based on this result and performance.

These couple of wins buys a bit of time and breathing room for Knapper, he doesn't have to make a panic call due to outside worries about relegation.

If Knapper has a guy he wants to hire he should get rid of Wagner. If he is looking at a shortlist or if his preferred target might not be available for a couple of months Wagner can hold the fort. Longer term though he hasn't shown he's the man for us.

• Like 1

My biggest issue is we’re not using this time to build, we’re firefighting and Webber gambled on using old pros to get us that last chance to go up, it’s backfiring and even though we gained a good three points it feels if we’re trying to ensure we stay clear of relegation than go for top 6!

It doesn’t bode well for next season in my opinion, this squad is just about championship level with a few young players who will no doubt be used to balance the finances come the summer!

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Nothing has changed re Wagner based on this result and performance.

These couple of wins buys a bit of time and breathing room for Knapper, he doesn't have to make a panic call due to outside worries about relegation.

If Knapper has a guy he wants to hire he should get rid of Wagner. If he is looking at a shortlist or if his preferred target might not be available for a couple of months Wagner can hold the fort. Longer term though he hasn't shown he's the man for us.

100% this. Wagner's job over the next few months is to stop Knapper having to sack him. He's the caretaker coach. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I'll take that......

Why do football fans take it upon themselves to decide who the next manager is, inevitably out of “people they’ve heard of”?

I guess you might call it fansplaining.

• Like 1

Today was absolute garbage.

A half decent team would have murdered us today. I mean, one shot on target, and it takes some sort of special when you have a corner and the ball ends up with your goal keeper.

Absolutely dreadful

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Lyndon Dykes was the guy with the ink. 

A top quality Scottish forward who could walk into most international side surely? 😉

25 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Today was absolute garbage.

A half decent team would have murdered us today. I mean, one shot on target, and it takes some sort of special when you have a corner and the ball ends up with your goal keeper.

Absolutely dreadful

Personally I think you are going over the top there Waz. 
It wasn’t that good . 

• Haha 1