ec-p

WBA v Binners

Ipswich look good until they get to the penalty area. 

The fact that WBA are pushing for the top 6 sums up this division. They are very ordinary. 

I haven’t looked at the score but assume they are 5 nil up and the contractors have already increased Portaloo to 50,000 capacity ? Oh and they have been awarded an honorary place in next years champions league ? Just because Bobby Robson was so great. 
I'm right aren’t I ?  

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I haven’t looked at the score but assume they are 5 nil up and the contractors have already increased Portaloo to 50,000 capacity ? Oh and they have been awarded an honorary place in next years champions league ? Just because Bobby Robson was so great. 
I'm right aren’t I ?  

Don’t be stupid.

It’s 70,000. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wheres Cambridge with his usual "any fan who isn't a Binner wouldn't bother watching that lot" type of comment? 🤣

I'm not watching it.
I'm listening to it on Radio Suffolk, chiefly for the novelty of getting R Suffolk on FreeView TV when I can only rarely get it on regular FM.
Mick Mills sounds a bit dreary. The main commentator (Brenner Woolley ? ) is sort of OK. Never as good as Radio Norfolk commentary. 

*Just heard him say "I still have a bit of fear over the derby."

Edited by K Lo

Why are they playing a match in the Championship? Didn't they get promoted at the end of September?

Honestly though, they're really not up to much. Leif Davis is very good (their best player) Broadhead I like and Chaplin is decent. Other than that the rest look totally average.

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Why are they playing a match in the Championship? Didn't they get promoted at the end of September?

Honestly though, they're really not up to much. Leif Davis is very good (their best player) Broadhead I like and Chaplin is decent. Other than that the rest look totally average.

As I said on another thread , theyre conceding 2 a game, incredibly high for a top 2 side, if you have to score 3 every game to win, its just not sustainable

I'm fairly hopeful one if not both Leeds and Southampton will reel them in

Theyve still got to play Leicester twice and Leeds away

....and us twice!.   I think we'll score at portman rd, thats as much as i'll predict

Apparently the score doesn’t count.

Mick Mills and his ludicrous moustache once captained England when Ipswich won the World Cup in 1974 so they will just give them 3 points and another star. 

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

As I said on another thread , theyre conceding 2 a game, incredibly high for a top 2 side, if you have to score 3 every game to win, its just not sustainable

I'm fairly hopeful one if not both Leeds and Southampton will reel them in

Theyve still got to play Leicester twice and Leeds away

....and us twice!.   I think we'll score at portman rd, thats as much as i'll predict

Agreed. We now have better form than them for the last four games and they're one goal away from no wins in five. They're running out of steam. If they don't win the next two, being very winnable games against Millwall and Coventry at home, then their form going into an horrendous set of fixtures in December would be a real concern.

Like you said, you can't keep shipping goals like that and winning.

7 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

FT. Ipswich failed to register a shot on target

What relevance is that. In 1974 they had 23 shots on goal (in the warm up) and 8 during the game.

• Haha 2

Barnsley got kicked out of the Cup for fielding an ineligible player.
I wonder how much they charge for a cup of tea on match days.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wheres Cambridge with his usual "any fan who isn't a Binner wouldn't bother watching that lot" type of comment? 🤣

Why would I watch Ipswich matches? Bit of an odd thing to do

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I don't want to sound like a binner but...this isn't true?

They've conceded 23 in 17 games. So not even close to two a game. In fact they've conceded less than two other teams currently in the top 6.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't want to sound like a binner but...this isn't true?

They've conceded 23 in 17 games. So not even close to two a game. In fact they've conceded less than two other teams currently in the top 6.

I think he means on form, they've conceded 2 in 5 of the last 6 league games 

• Like 1