Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v QPR****

It'll do. A reminder that we can keep clean sheets and win games. The lack of confidence was painfully clear to see in that showing. QPR do look better organised under Cifuentes than before he took over and keep the ball better, but we're still backfiring on all cylinders.

• Like 1

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

I did bet BTTS no for this game, simply because QPR are terrible in front of goal!

Certainly sounds like it...

Just now, crab man said:

Respect to Barnes, managed 90 minutes and worked his socks off. Not pretty but the 3 points that count.

Such an important player for us, even more than Sarge in my view. Only chance Wagner's batsh1t midfield system has of working is if he plays.

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

38% possession at home to a side 2nd bottom. I’ll take the 3 points but this is another case of just prolonging the inevitable I’m afraid. 

If it gives Knapper more time to get his feet under the table before he has to choose a new coach I'd say that's a big positive. Like most of us I can't see Wagner as a long-term, or even medium-term prospect as our coach, but if he can keep his head above water for the next few weeks or months I think that might really benefit us as a club. We really don't need another panic coach appointment.

• Like 5

On the train home currently,  my thoughts are firstly that was freezing today, but the showing didn't warm us up,  two very poor sides with QPR being the worst side I've seen at Carrow Rd for quite some time (yes including us 🤣).

Batth played well, and the one moment of quality won the game. Thought Stacey was especially poor today, Hernandez love him but he's just not very good, and Sainz doesn't look the saviour he's being touted as just yet, may explain why he's not getting a start. 

Hwang actually looking decent at last,  didn't notice Idah much when he came on.

Shane Duffy is an accident waiting to happen, such a disappointing signing.

Now warming up with a Hazelnut Latte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If it gives Knapper more time to get his feet under the table before he has to choose a new coach I'd say that's a big positive. Like most of us I can't see Wagner as a long-term, or even medium-term prospect as our coach, but if he can keep his head above water for the next few weeks or months I think that might really benefit us as a club. We really don't need another panic coach appointment.

I’m hoping that will be their train of thought. Time will tell though. 

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Ricardo’s report should be short. Nothing happened in the second half.

We'll have to wait for his fingers to thaw out

Quieter evening on the matchday thread tonight. Almost as if we won or something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Quieter evening on the matchday thread tonight. Almost as if we won or something.

What do you even say to that?

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Big Vince and all his various binner alt accounts have been silent for three weeks now.

Pure bliss

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Big Vince and all his various binner alt accounts have been silent for three weeks now.

Pure bliss

I dunno, did you see the Dyson thread? Some stuff sucked much more on that than Dyson's vacuum cleaners ever did.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....Wagner's last game if this goes to sh!t.......surely?

You must be gutted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

i Agree with you in Wagner will keep picking up points and will keep us going but bit worried Knapper has Known all this for a while now 

He should know everything stats wise about us for months and now has seen it with his own eyes ,

You would of thought he would of Known what he needs before he got here ,

maybe even sounded out people IF i get the DOF job and NCFC do you fancy joining me etc 

the more this carries on the more i do not think he has a plan of who the next coach is,

for example if he wanted Jack Wiltshire Or John Terry / Another Manager   and thought he would do well here would it not of happened by now ?

Unless his dream coach is unavailable at the moment but can we really wait ?

the longer it goes on my thinking is his inexperience is making him super cautious of making big decisions ,

i might be talking Rubbish and he has a super plan of course 

10 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You must be gutted

....gutted that its taken from the 6-2 hiding at Plymouth until today for Wagner to finally admit he needed to focus on us defensively?

...but lets not get carried away...QPR are sh!t

...now I'll leave you to find , copy, paste and quote some poster's pre match comments they made on here....as thats the sort of weasel you are

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

As has been discussed on other threads, knapper has a massive amount of work on his hands to help drive up standards, instill a way of playing back through the club and frankly find a way of getting rid of the deadwood and bringing in hungry players. It is always easier to do this when you are winning games, it was turgid, hardworking, low quality but a win all the same. If we can get something from the game Tuesday we have something that might start to lift confidence of the players. 

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....gutted that its taken from the 6-2 hiding at Plymouth until today for Wagner to finally admit he needef to focus on us defensively?

...but lets nit get carried away...QPR are sh!t

...now I'll leave you to find , copy, paste and quite some poster's pre match comments they made on here....as thats the sort of person you are

No, "lets nit get carried away"

I don't want to complain about 3 points but my word that was miserable. Looked like two teams that'll be bottom 6.