Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v QPR****

Welcome to Ben Knappers first game in charge and I think 3 points are ours for the taking. We are at home to Queens Park Rangers who having lost 6 games in a row sacked the manager and brought in Martí Cifuentes who stopped the rot with two draws. Prime along come Norwich candidates, but never mind the danger it will be 3 points today for the Canaries.

Once to Watch - Young Irish International Sinclair Armstrong - I don't know why as it seems QPR can't score for toffee, but he seems to be their leading striker...in yellow cards! Although their midfield is certaintly picking them up.

Pic.jpg.edff99f8925d27b0f34c6c458d77afeb.jpg

News  - Barnes is available. Rowe maybe. Gunn, Hanley not yet. Tzolis keen to leave. Black Friday Sale - 20% off memberships, merchandise and 50% off Tzolis. AGM - This Thursday 30th November 2023. Pay at the Gate - Looks Possible, but I could not confirm. Ticket office open and tickets available online(as of 0823am).

Norwich Dart Boards - https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/collections/football-norwich-city-f-c

Darts.png.53ca945a4d5322bda3819d21b8c89422.png

Preview - https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/norwich-city/preview/preview-norwich-vs-qpr-prediction-team-news-lineups_529602.html

Other match thread - https://www.not606.com/threads/norwich-vs-qpr.409722/

Another one - https://rfantasyisland.boards.net/thread/3330/norwich-queens-rangers-match-thread

Pups - https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/154395-rays-funds-for-the-csf-with-the-pups-season-17-week-17/#comments

54th Minute(For Away Fans) - https://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2597878-norwich-tomorrow-54th-minute

OTBC!

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You need to insert a placeholder for Cambridge to whinge about how this thread has not been started by him.!

Really stoked for today, but there is a worry that we need to score first, and probably two without reply, to get the confidence flowing again. If QPR score first, we could see much the same dross as the past few games. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, astro said:

You need to insert a placeholder for Cambridge to whinge about how this thread has not been started by him.!

Unless something particular nasty is said I wasn't going to reply to any cambridge posts, but lets all be nice about each other today.

I feel however that QPR won't be able to fully defend a lead even though they are clearly trying to sort out the back first. Plus they don't have much of an attack so they will be inviting Norwich Pressure. We got this.

Edited by KiwiScot

Always great when we're at home after the international break. Really looking forward to this. Even the presence of Barnes will give us a lift.

Hopefully the fans will all get behind the team. Important we Score first I think but you never know what you will get with City!

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....Wagner's last game if this goes to sh!t.......surely?

And the first of many if we win?

50 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I get the feeling that even if we lose he will still be here for the rest of the season.

We have had two international breaks in which he we were playing awful prior to and he could have been replaced and we failed to do so.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

43 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Is today the day that Sainz finally starts a game? 

I've no idea why but I have a good feeling about this game. Probably because AB is back. 

With Rowe being touch and go and us facing a poor QPR side you would think today would be the day for a Sainz start and for him to try and stake a claim.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

With Rowe being touch and go and us facing a poor QPR side you would think today would be the day for a Sainz start and for him to try and stake a claim.

Placheta has done ok ...as a winger ...I'd be inclined to give him a try

...just never ever ever at left back again

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Last game full stop would be nice 

I get the impression Sainz doesn't inspire enough in training, but could be totally wrong.

This feels like another Tzolis situation brewing. He really needs to be given a chance soon as if you're behind Hernandez in the pecking order then there is no hope!

I think we’ll win today. 1.0. 2.1. Tight margin. But enough to keep Wagner in the job for a few more weeks. Sadly 

We have to wait in purgatory until we lose to Ipswich for anything to change

why? No idea, that’s just what happens here.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

We have to wait in purgatory until we lose to Ipswich for anything to change

why? No idea, that’s just what happens here.

Feels that way. Albeit a loss today would pressure that 

4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Depends what the stats say ! ,

i think either Knapper wants to see what Wagner does with a full squad then decide

or he has a plan but can not do it yet for whatever reason maybe coach not available yet ? 

OR and hope i am wrong he is showing his inexperience and not sure what to do 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I get the impression Sainz doesn't inspire enough in training, but could be totally wrong.

This feels like another Tzolis situation brewing. He really needs to be given a chance soon as if you're behind Hernandez in the pecking order then there is no hope!

i know the old story you have to earn a place in training 

But i do feel sometimes people might not train well but shine on a match day ,

After all we have been watching people who impress in training but have been poor on a match day most of the season ! 

• Like 1

I'm hoping for solid win - 

Barnes back, Knapper in and much of the moral destroying back room shenanigans sorted. All the players have to impress Knapper (as per Idah's shift two weeks ago) i.e all have something to prove why they are here.

Fresh (re) start for everybody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Idah should be starting instead of Hwang 

Agreed Hwang should be back at Forest, utterly useless we’d be better off keeping Hugill!

• Like 1

I’d have started Idah over Hwang and Sainz over Argos. But we shall see, fingers crossed Barnes makes the difference.

Edited by ec-p
  • Like 5

Both Batth AND Duffy at the back is interesting. You would think they have the experience for it but boy I hope QPR don't have any very fast and pacy players as it will be a very slow back two 

Sainz still being shafted is sad to see.

4 minutes ago, ec-p said:

I’d have started Idah over Hwang and Sainz over Argos. But we shall see, fingers crossed Barnes makes the difference.

Exactly what I was going to say. Hopefully Idah and Sainz will get a good half an hour from the bench, as I can't see Barnes lasting the 90.

• Like 2

Smyth fits the pacy description but not playing suspended.  So no probs four our CB's except for self imposed failures.

The random team selection is working overdrive today.

How is Hwang playing over Idah.

How is Hernandez in the starting eleven

I actually feel sorry for Placheta the guy has been good this season bar a terrible 45 minutes at left back and now he is not even on the bench.

5 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Probably … and please don’t call me Shirley