nutty nigel

Knapper interview

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Literally what is the point in these interviews?

Call a press conference.. and get the popcorn out.

Well a pre scripted interview with all questions not being very hard hitting and all having been pre approved by the club is a lot easier than having to face the fans..

Will say however that Knapper does seem like a nicer bloke than Webber. Webber always come across a bit of an angry guy who never smiled, glad to see Knapper at least is capable of doing so so hey that's an improvement at least

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well a pre scripted interview with all questions not being very hard hitting and all having been pre approved by the club is a lot easier than having to face the fans..

He has agreed to take on the role of our Sporting Director and been in the job precisely 2 days. Why do you want to put him on trial?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

He has agreed to take on the role of our Sporting Director and been in the job precisely 2 days. Why do you want to put him on trial?

Are you unaware of the many war cimes he commited in Czechoslovakia?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Hope he knows how quickly he's going to age.

Ha. Webber had hair when he joined didn't he, that's gone now.

• Haha 1

One point is that he comes over with a completely different personality to the last three (I include Moxey.) Quite humble, in fact.

He's more of a "football man" too

I really worry that if he doesn’t pull the trigger on Wagner the fans will turn on him immediately. Board should have done it in days before he arrived to give him a clean start. As it is he could reap a whole lot of negativity very very quickly 

• Haha 1

I think it's clear from that that he's not going to pull the trigger on Wagner

He's talking about developing the Norwich style as "aggressive, proactive and attacking football" and winning the ball high up the pitch which sounds a bit more like Wagnerball than Farkeball

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I really worry that if he doesn’t pull the trigger on Wagner the fans will turn on him immediately. Board should have done it in days before he arrived to give him a clean start. As it is he could reap a whole lot of negativity very very quickly 

I can’t see that  happening. Most fans understand the position he’s been put in, and accept due to the boards refusal to act, a process  must now be followed by Knapper. 

• Like 4

Exactly the sort of first interview I was expecting. Started every answer with the word 'look', lots of buzzwords, corporate speak etc etc.

I want to see things move at pace though and I hope he doesn't get dragged into the NCFC way of dawdling. As a CEO I worked for said 'fail fast'.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I can’t see that  happening. Most fans understand the position he’s been put in, and accept due to the boards refusal to act, a process  must now be followed by Knapper. 

i think it could if Wagner is still here Christmas time and poor form continues ,

more than a few will be calling for Knapper get your finger out and sack Wagner ,

Wagner shouldn't really be here now his record is not good and habit of winless runs follows him around 

For such a young guy, he's got a good CV.

Completed his studies at university, and been in a great environment at Arsenal to develop and learn firsthand what works (Arteta) and what doesn't (everyone before Arteta).

Frankly, the only black mark against him is that he wants to join us.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Seems a decent bloke but quite nervous.

Must admit I’d prefer someone with a bit of spirit, admittedly like McNally or Webber so maybe good I am a bit concerned (although I still like McNally,..mainly because he took time out to give me some advice on Twitter when I mentioned I’d entered london marathon which was a really decent thing to do).

Did he mention the previous SD leaving with the best part of 90 million debt and leaving us in 17th? Or is he more humble than needing to criticise the previous regime?

Sounds a pleasant guy and I hope he has a plan to progress the club.

Edited by Indy

Hes a massive stats guy and a big fan of xG so that'll annoy plenty on here and I'm here for it.

• Haha 6

Just now, hogesar said:

Hes a massive stats guy and a big fan of xG so that'll annoy plenty on here and I'm here for it.

Hope he’s a big fan of winning and playing decent football too!

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Seems to know the stats side of the game

I Hope he has a more ruthless side when clubs start hovering around Rowe and Sara  (something Webber was good at ! )

41 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Must admit I’d prefer someone with a bit of spirit, admittedly like McNally or Webber so maybe good I am a bit concerned (although I still like McNally,..mainly because he took time out to give me some advice on Twitter when I mentioned I’d entered london marathon which was a really decent thing to do).

Ah, so it was McNally that advised you to run dressed as a large dildo?

• Haha 2

Can’t believe he spent 14 years at Arsenal he looks so young but at least he’s managed to coax out the regulation designer stubble.

i don’t envy him trying to sort out the current mess we’re in at Carrow Rd

I wish him luck.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.