Yobocop

Our first ever female referee?

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

Lol nobody likes you on here yet you stick around like a bad stench. 

Haha, have a good evening mate… 

Used to be standard to say you don’t notice a good ref. Well I tuned in late and it was quite a while before commentary mentioned the ref and much longer before I realised it was a woman in charge. Competence and personality, not gender, are the important things here, as in real life. It comes down to the quality of the individual – it might’ve been a different story yesterday if Suella Braverman was running around out there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You'll get a lot of support on here for something being better for having a woman in charge...

Norwich are worse under Delia. How many relegations? How many players sold? How much in debt? How many times failing managers given one more game? Always one more game. How many goals she given away? How many Tetteys and Skipps she got? How much she wasted on compensation payments? How much she wasted on silly rebranding exercise cutting off the tail of the canary and putting stickers on the stands?

Edited by Big Vince

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You'll get a lot of support on here for something being better for having a woman in charge...

I dare anyone to come on here and say the girl Zoe is doing a good job what with all that debt, a failed husband and plummeting down the league.

2 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

And of course competence and personality play a part in the quality of posters on here.

Not to mention IQ.

8 hours ago, Olano said:

I think she did a great job.

(And that was not a penalty. )

No it wasn't. He dangled his leg out looking for it. If anything it should have been a yellow card for the Cardiff player. 

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

No it wasn't. He dangled his leg out looking for it. If anything it should have been a yellow card for the Cardiff player. 

All players who go down under a challenge should be sent off.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

This isn't the 1940"s

Times have moved on. Although apparently you haven't.

Honestly. 

Guess you don’t get humour in Essex

It was a JOKE get real

11 hours ago, daly said:

A woman’s place is in the kitchen 

Dusting, Hovering, Cleaning, Cooking waiting for her husband to come home and await all his demands

Not running round a football pitch ogling at all those finely tuned bodies and having immoral thoughts while having that whistle in her mouth

Luckily my wife has no interest in NCFC 

Been on here too long when ai can't tell if this is a joke or serious

14 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cardiff could have had a penalty first half following a clumsy challenge by Placheta. Also gave a yellow to one of their players for a foul on Fisher which was incredibly harsh. The drop ball from our corner was strange.

The ref was OK we've had much worse but I can understand Cardiff fans being pissed as had the penalty been given 3-1 would have been a long way back.

Romeo walked off the pitch without a booking? We also had possession when he was “injured” and the keeper received a drop ball. Mcguiness block looked to have a hand element to it too. We weren’t getting the rub of the green either.

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Funny how all the Cardiff fans are saying she was awful mind

Probably because of the Placheta penalty, should have been one and we’d have been screaming if the other way round.

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Probably similar to how there's usually a thread on here about how awful the ref was when we lose but nobody says anything when we win.

That’s palpably untrue - I’ll moan about crap refs win or lose, and say whenb they’ve been good, again win or lose.

The ref yesterday was generally ok - if with some strange decisions, but there often are.  Perhaps the key one was the non-penalty but I wasn’t convinced it was a foul. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s palpably untrue - I’ll moan about crap refs win or lose, and say whenb they’ve been good, again win or lose.

That may be the case for some people, and I'd say I'm one of them, but it's certainly not for everyone. 

Look at Premier League managers, for example. We've seen them lay in to the refs quite often, even recently, but have any of them done it after a match which they won?

2 hours ago, daly said:

Guess you don’t get humour in Essex

It was a JOKE get real

Fair enough but I'm from Northampton.

Edited by Chelm Canary
  • Thanks 1

What a disgrace, got most of the decisions wrong! Caused confusion by making strange decisions.

Keep to your own game, take your co commentators wirh you and leave mens Football alone!

5 hours ago, Big Vince said:

I dare anyone to come on here and say the girl Zoe is doing a good job what with all that debt, a failed husband and plummeting down the league.

Indeed. If you want a job in football nothing wrong with being a referee. Much more challenging than answering emails (even mine) not that they get answered anyway. Win win all round aside from the Webber's bank account (that should now be plural).

18 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Funny how all the Cardiff fans are saying she was awful mind

She denied them a penalty with that reckless Placheta tackle (?) but otherwise was unbiased.

1 hour ago, bringbackchippy said:

What a disgrace, got most of the decisions wrong! Caused confusion by making strange decisions.

Keep to your own game, take your co commentators wirh you and leave mens Football alone!

I reckon you're joking but what a silly topic the op made. 

We don't need to create a gender bias or ironically congratulate women for doing something. 

This subject is embarrassing 

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

I reckon you're joking but what a silly topic the op made. 

We don't need to create a gender bias or ironically congratulate women for doing something. 

This subject is embarrassing 

Given you've posted more than anyone else in this "silly topic", I'm finding it hard to take your views with any credence whatsoever. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Given you've posted more than anyone else in this "silly topic", I'm finding it hard to take your views with any credence whatsoever. 

I can live with that. I have zero concern of who you pay credence to. 

Do you have a serious question or is that it?

On a side note I've always considered you a bit of a **** but that's just my credence. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I’d be willing to try 4 labradors on VAR at this point if I’m very honest. 

Paul The Octopus maybe?

13 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I can live with that. I have zero concern of who you pay credence to. 

Do you have a serious question or is that it?

On a side note I've always considered you a bit of a **** but that's just my credence. 

I apologise for this post. This forum isn't for arguing with people. 

• Like 1