Yobocop

Our first ever female referee?

I can’t remember another one 

I only watched the last quarter of the match but felt she handled the game really well and was spot on with all the decisions 

well done Rebecca Welch, won’t be long until she’s in the middle in the Premier league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Funny how all the Cardiff fans are saying she was awful mind

Objectively had we lost I’d still be saying she did well 

The ref was ok for me - some strange decisions but nothing out of the norm.  I couldn’t give two hoots if the ref is male or female so long as they are up to it. 

One thing I do dislike is this restarting with a drop ball to the keeper if something happens when a side is attacking - all it does is allow for timewasting.  Surely a better restart can be found.

Edited by Branston Pickle

15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

She was probably the best referee we've had this season. The players behaviour seemed to be better than usual with a woman in charge. 

You'll get a lot of support on here for something being better for having a woman in charge...

Cardiff could have had a penalty first half following a clumsy challenge by Placheta. Also gave a yellow to one of their players for a foul on Fisher which was incredibly harsh. The drop ball from our corner was strange.

The ref was OK we've had much worse but I can understand Cardiff fans being pissed as had the penalty been given 3-1 would have been a long way back.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You'll get a lot of support on here for something being better for having a woman in charge...

Now you’ve gone and done it nutty this will be an 8 page now 

Not surprised the Cardiff fans are saying she was awful. Listening to the commentary I think we were fortunate they don’t have VAR in the Championship as apparently Cardiff should have been awarded a penalty in the first half. Had it been given and converted I think the second half would have been a totally different story and we would have probably ended up getting thrashed 5-1

It wasn't a clear-cut penalty and would have been pretty harsh for minimal contact. I thought she handled the game pretty well on the whole, but made two glaring errors: from our corner it was either a goal kick or a free kick, never a drop ball; when the ball hit her and dropped back to Norwich player the rules state it's play-on (only if possession is lost should it be a drop ball), unless they've changed the rules again recently. 

Edited by Petriix

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cardiff could have had a penalty first half following a clumsy challenge by Placheta. Also gave a yellow to one of their players for a foul on Fisher which was incredibly harsh. The drop ball from our corner was strange.

The ref was OK we've had much worse but I can understand Cardiff fans being pissed as had the penalty been given 3-1 would have been a long way back.

"I can understand Cardiff fans being pissed"

I think you'll find fans get drunk before the game , rather than nipping to the bar when a decision goes against them. Even at half-time you would be lucky to neck a couple of pints, at best.

Edited by RobJames
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

"I can understand Cardiff fans being pissed"

I think you'll find fans get drunk before the game , rather than nipping to the bar when a decision goes against them. Even at half-time you would be lucky to neck a couole of oints, at best.

An Americanism - you'll need to get used to them.

• Haha 1

As is referring to a toilet as a bathroom, a car as a vee hickle-  and now the hill billys are calling a route a rowt

"Get your kicks on rowt 66"

However if it makes you feel hip and with it, then do continue

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

However failed to give a yellow for a terrible foul on Rowe, but then gave one for an innocuous tackle!

I thought she could have let the game run on a bit more and was too quick to stop things (like with the drop ball when it hit her) but any debatable decisions were pretty evenly shared between the two teams. If we’d lost, I might well think differently 

I thought she was very hesitant, unsure of herself & rather indecisive. Not the best traits in a referee (but, overall, I've seen worse ones).

I realise this is a woke brigade topic

Shall we just crack on with things? As a non woke individual I think pandering and giving special attention to females is part of the issue. 

There was a referee. Why the special attention?

A woman’s place is in the kitchen 

Dusting, Hovering, Cleaning, Cooking waiting for her husband to come home and await all his demands

Not running round a football pitch ogling at all those finely tuned bodies and having immoral thoughts while having that whistle in her mouth

Luckily my wife has no interest in NCFC 

Wait till she goes to Millwall she’ll probably wish she’d stayed at home and put the laundry on

3 minutes ago, daly said:

A woman’s place is in the kitchen 

Dusting, Hovering, Cleaning, Cooking waiting for her husband to come home and await all his demands

Not running round a football pitch ogling at all those finely tuned bodies and having immoral thoughts while having that whistle in her mouth

Luckily my wife has no interest in NCFC 

This isn't the 1940"s

Times have moved on. Although apparently you haven't.

Honestly. 

42 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I realise this is a woke brigade topic

Shall we just crack on with things? As a non woke individual I think pandering and giving special attention to females is part of the issue. 

There was a referee. Why the special attention?

BE492F45-C535-4319-A6FA-9EA38BDAE07F.jpeg

We just need better referees

it doesn’t matter if they are men, women, animals, robots, aliens. Just anyone better than what we currently have. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

Haha I'd seen some of your earlier posts. I knew you were a moron but I didn't know to what extent. 

Yeah…..I’d keep quiet about moronic posts when you have views on woman like you do pal 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

Yeah…..I’d keep quiet about moronic posts when you have views on woman like you do pal 

Lol nobody likes you on here yet you stick around like a bad stench. 

• Haha 1