Wagner declared last season it wasn’t him, it was the players (mentality). So the likes of Duffy were brought in.

Still awful, so if it’s not Wanger and not the players it must be us fans!

To be fair, we’ve got form. It was also us under Dean Smith remember?

So stop giving Wagner and the players such a hard time and take a look in the mirror! You’re a disgrace, give away your season tickets immediately!

• Haha 6

Just ask Hoggy- it was my bad when I said he was out of his depth at end of last season and that our summer spend was asking for trouble. But what did I know- it’s still us miserable pant wetting fans to blame…keep clapping - keep clapping 

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Just ask Hoggy- it was my bad when I said he was out of his depth at end of last season and that our summer spend was asking for trouble. But what did I know- it’s still us miserable pant wetting fans to blame…keep clapping - keep clapping 

Why are you still here? Cut up your season ticket and burn the pieces now! You’re a disgrace and so am I!

In fairness the fans do have to shoulder a lot of the responsibility.

The owners are the root cause of all that is wrong with this club and always have been.

The Norwich fan base have given them an easy ride for years.

Far too placid, far too accepting of mediocrity. 

If you turn up every week, put money in their coffers and sit in silence while the club turns into a circus YOU are complicit in this shambles.

You reap what you sow.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

The owners are the root cause of all that is wrong with this club and always have been.

If you turn up every week, put money in their coffers and sit in silence while the club turns into a circus YOU are complicit in this shambles.

You reap what you sow.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Good point. If Wagner is still in charge next Sunday, who on here would support either a boycott or demonstration or something else?

24 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Wagner declared last season it wasn’t him, it was the players (mentality). So the likes of Duffy were brought in.

So stop giving Wagner and the players such a hard time and take a look in the mirror! You’re a disgrace, give away your season tickets immediately!

Already did that two years ago! And before you ask I had it for 69 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Already did that two years ago! And before you ask I had it for 69 years.

Wow. Not many people on this forum have experienced a 69!

2 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

You reap what you sow.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

100% Nail on Head. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20.000+ season ticket holders who turm up on a regular basis, except when it's wet or the game is on TV.

They sort of watch a game of football whilst chatting to the people next to them who they've known for donkeys years, don't really care what happens on the pitch, barely make a sound except the occassional boo at the ref and go home, usually 10 minutes before the end to avoid the traffic,  thinking they've had a good day out regardless of the performance or the result and remain convinced that Delia is the best thing since bread & butter pudding.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

20.000+ season ticket holders who turm up on a regular basis, except when it's wet or the game is on TV.

They sort of watch a game of football whilst chatting to the people next to them who they've known for donkeys years, don't really care what happens on the pitch, barely make a sound except the occassional boo at the ref and go home, usually 10 minutes before the end to avoid the traffic,  thinking they've had a good day out regardless of the performance or the result and remain convinced that Delia is the best thing since bread & butter pudding.

The manager doesn't blame the fans but the half-witted plastics who never go do...

Do you want my ticket Sunday to show me how it's done?

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

You'd have a point if you were actually consistent and didn't magically disappear from posting during our good run at the start of the season. Stick to your guns and you never know...

I was there today and can tell you that the City fans, in the main were phenomenal. The odd idiot who wanted to spend all their time singing about Ip****. At one stage our own fans started singing Support the team or go home to these other so called fans who were embarrassing.

It was only after the penalty that fans started to call for Wagner to be sacked. I didn't cos I was out of words by that stage. Giannoulis was so bad he should never wear the shirt again and most of the others weren't much better. Duffy, my god he was bad. McLean at centre half. I said to a fella next to me that if we played with width we could do some damage. When we did, and it was rarely we did. Came away disappointed but really not surprised and nor were every other ncfc fan. Before the game everyone I spoke to had a sense of disillusionment especially when they saw the starting line up.

Under the circumstances the fans were fantastic but there is only so much you can take

3 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

You reap what you sow.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

You have to say....he's not wrong. Where do say enough is enough. Parachute payments ended,takeover forever extended,ageing players,academy players not really coming thru,club in limbo re: sporting director,one not really here,one one holiday. Its a total mess.

• Like 1

It’s 100% the fans. 

We are, after all, the noise which the club mantra instructs the players/management to ignore. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mrdi said:

It’s 100% the fans. 

We are, after all, the noise which the club mantra instructs the players/management to ignore. 

Of course it wasn’t. That quote came with criticism of the media.

3 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Wow. Not many people on this forum have experienced a 69!

First went to CR at the age of 1. I’m now 70.

5 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Wish I'd seen this thread a bit sooner. I was just saying on another thread about the undercurrent of resentment directed at Smith even while we were doing well, that turned into outright anger and bile when we hit a wobble and dropped out of the playoffs. It all got so negative that our players were more successful away from Carrow Road than at home.

Now we're all the way down in 17th with the worst defensive record in the league and everyone seems oddly subdued.

Nope. I definitely don't think it was the fans this time.

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

This.

I asked on here what it would take for people not to go to Carrow Road at the time when Dean Smith was nearing the end of the road. The overwhelming response was that people wanted to go for the social aspect of it. 

This club will not change through action from fans - as the fans will keep turning up in their droves and keep lining the coffers of the club without fail. 

A certain type of supposed fan seems to have difficulty with placidity and perceived mediocrity. I wonder how these people display their disturbance as they strive for excellence. Us mere mortals, who take the highs lows and mediums of sport obviously need to cancel our culture. 

• Like 3

When times are good we get...

"Whatever the weather, we'll follow are team..."

In the old days it was...

"Norwich City, Norwich City, we'll support you evermore.."

It seems the reality for many is...

"We only sing when we're winning..."

I was not only conceived at Carrow Road I was born under the Barclay Stand.

I feel a song coming on...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

A certain type of supposed fan seems to have difficulty with placidity and perceived mediocrity. I wonder how these people display their disturbance as they strive for excellence. Us mere mortals, who take the highs lows and mediums of sport obviously need to cancel our culture. 

It's a big part of football that's either changed, or my youthful ignorance just didn't see it when I was young and coming to the football with my dad.

Late 90s when I started to go properly and it always felt like, no matter what goes on we support the team and then if its terrible we all complain at the end. We can be 2-0 down and instead of booing everything NCFC related we used to try and pressure the ref and take it out on him.

Now its like fans spend the week preparing a list of excuses why they shouldn't support and its a little beyond me. Of course this isn't everyone. But I do think it's perhaps a general trend that's developing in football.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

When times are good we get...

"Whatever the weather, we'll follow are team..."

In the old days it was...

"Norwich City, Norwich City, we'll support you evermore.."

It seems the reality for many is...

"We only sing when we're winning..."

I was not only conceived at Carrow Road I was born under the Barclay Stand.

I feel a song coming on...

I was born under the Barclay Stand, I was born under the Barclay Stand

Fans are made forever, managers are made to sack

I've never seen a sight that didn't look better looking back

I was born under the Barclay Stand

Goals can make you cheer a lot, and wins can make you fly
Losses can burn your eyes, but only VAR can make you cry
Home is made for comin' from, for dreams of goin' to
Which with any luck will never come true

Do I know where hell is?  Hell is down the road
Heaven is beating the scum at Portaloo Road
The Barclay, Barclay Stand

When we lose our matches, show us a bit of fight,
Or I'll begin to boo at all the unremitting sh!te
I was born under Barclay Stand

Sorry, a bit negative at the end, but the best I can do at the moment........
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

It's a big part of football that's either changed, or my youthful ignorance just didn't see it when I was young and coming to the football with my dad.

Late 90s when I started to go properly and it always felt like, no matter what goes on we support the team and then if its terrible we all complain at the end. We can be 2-0 down and instead of booing everything NCFC related we used to try and pressure the ref and take it out on him.

Now its like fans spend the week preparing a list of excuses why they shouldn't support and its a little beyond me. Of course this isn't everyone. But I do think it's perhaps a general trend that's developing in football.

I think, equally that there's quite a section of support (kids and new comer Adults) that have really only followed us in the last 12/14 years, they've only known relative success. Also, others have quite selective memories. A promotion, a relegation. I wonder how they'd have viewed the footballing pergatory and wasteland of Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder? Omar Koroma, a beautiful mover indeed. That being said we're carp and it feels like another watershed moment, the start of another 5 year plan...  Booo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Fans are made forever, managers are made to sack

I've never seen a sight that didn't look better looking back

Goals can make you cheer a lot, and wins can make you fly
Losses can burn your eyes, but only VAR can make you cry
Home is made for comin' from, for dreams of goin' to
Which with any luck will never come true

Do I know where hell is?  Hell is down the road
Heaven is beating the scum at Portaloo Road

When we lose our matches, show us a bit of fight,
Or I'll begin to boo at all the unremitting sh!te
I was born under Barclay Stand

Sorry, a bit negative at the end, but the best I can do at the moment........

You do know there is a song already? 

It's OK to say fans can't except losing and being a midtable championship team. But then the ones saying it still think it was right to sack farke, so surely you all thought we were good enough 3 years ago to be an established prem team?