KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread- SunderlandvNorwich****

Ffs, we were winning 1-0, i went for a walk and now we're losing.

How can we keep.playing this sh*t defence when we have Batth and Warner

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The problem right now is the form we are in, the leauge position we are in.. Who on Earth would want to join this mess? Mass player exit in january likey. Least we might make some money from Rowe and Sara being sold..

Maybe we can use that money to build another swimming pool or buy another soccerbot? Or prehaps repaint the away dressing room pink again..

Any decent coach should be doing better. We just happened to appoint one who hasn't had a modicum of success since 2017. We might not get a 'name' in but I think that might work out for the better, give a young coach the chance to step up and let them grow with time. There's plenty of clubs who have done that up and down the leagues and they're being rewarded greatly for it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

He was appalling last week as well against Leeds. A shocking signing.

Thankfully I didn’t watch last weeks usual defeat

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Forshaw's legs have gone. Needs to come off at halftime.

Gibbs on for Forshaw (who I would probably be banning from the team for good at this precise moment not that I'm saying that's right) straight swap. 

Playing far too deep and with the box crammed with our players still their 1 in the box was in so much space to score. 

Sainz for Faasnacht soon, because he's booked. But seems like it might be Nunez

Just now, Herman said:

I'm a tad tired of this rubbish week in, week out.

Getting back to that point where loses barely hurt.  

Remember that feeling after Millwall? Football eh.. Well not really. We’re either really good and winning or abysmal and losing.. we rarely have in between. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

The defending is just horrific. We’ve got everyone back but nobody makes a proper challenge. For that second goal 5 players get drawn to the ball, nobody actually challenges for it and they leave their player completely unmarked. Gibson is an experienced CB, he should not be getting drawn out like that. 

Wagner needs to go. I could not despise anyone more than I do Stuart Webber. 

I don't dislike Wagner, he isn't Dean Smith. He's just not very good and needs to go. (Webber can sod off too.)

• Like 3

I hope if it stays this way or gets worse second half the fans vent themselves on the board members that are there especially Smith and Jones! 

This is on them for allowing that waster Webber to still be here with his buddy as head coach!

Only at little old Norwich 😡😡😡 (angry emojis)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Getting back to that point where loses barely hurt.  

Remember that feeling after Millwall? Football eh.. Well not really. We’re either really good and winning or abysmal and losing.. we rarely have in between. 

It feels rather like how it did near the end of our last few Prem seasons. Writings on the wall, losing again but hey "we lose every week you're nothing special" and all that. I'm too tired to get angry anymore

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

That big Andy sale looks more catastrophic with every passing week. 

Disappointed with Forshaw today but notable that he’s playing the box to box role and Kenny is sitting deep which is bizarre tactics again.

Fundamentally though there is a huge problem with our inability to track runners and actually tackle properly 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Even they got rid of him in the end 😂

Schalke 04 were close to going under. Literally days from going under when he was there. He was the least of their problems at the time.

I was hammered by Hoggy et al for moaning in the summer about the recruitment. I said these old has beens were free for a reason. And here we are. You can’t spend next to nothing and be competitive in this league 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Calle said:

Spot on. It´s almost impossible to transform a squad full of 20-30-40 million pound players to what we have now, in such short time.

Our squad was never "full of 20-30-40" million pound players. We sold the majority in the first three seasons of Farke and Webber too. Maddison, Murphy x2, Pritchard then Lewis and Godfrey. Buendia was the only big sale after that really, then Omobamidele and Aarons. Only three of those players achieved more than £20m to date though. Maddison, Godfrey and Buendia (though my memory might be a bit messy).

In reality, we've not had that many £20m+ players. 

3 minutes ago, repman said:

Any decent coach should be doing better. We just happened to appoint one who hasn't had a modicum of success since 2017. We might not get a 'name' in but I think that might work out for the better, give a young coach the chance to step up and let them grow with time. There's plenty of clubs who have done that up and down the leagues and they're being rewarded greatly for it.

Unfortunately, there’s one down the road who did that and look how well it’s going!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Ffs, we were winning 1-0, i went for a walk and now we're losing.

How can we keep.playing this sh*t defence when we have Batth and Warner

Could have been 0-2 up if someone made Fash train his shooting too.

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Schalke 04 were close to going under. Literally days from going under when he was there. He was the least of their problems at the time.

Sadly looks like we might be doing the same here now

Those last 11 games last season were meant to be down to naivety and poor players. 

Well kenny and Gibson are back, boosted by the experience of forshaw duffy and stacey,  yet the same fundamental problems are here this season as last.   Heads dropping, poor effort, ineffective midfield and defence. 

Wagner has had his squad changes and ignored the need to dominate the middle of the park.   

We were sh!t then amd are now but worse we have a slow aging squad.

Time to change

• Like 3

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Worth pointing out that prior to today Sunderland had not won in 3? And yet they're making us look like a leauge one club taking on a prem side.

Its classic along come norwich

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I was hammered by Hoggy et al for moaning in the summer about the recruitment. I said these old has beens were free for a reason. And here we are. You can’t spend next to nothing and be competitive in this league 

I mean, it's more the team being tactically inept and unbalanced than (most) them being bad players.

• Like 1

Our next manager has to be in the mindset Farke has that he’s not afraid to throw in our academy players. It’s one thing to be provided with an inept squad of players but playing the same old trash every week over the home grown young ones is stubbornness or sheer stupidity 

• Like 1