Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

The Webber thing is unforgivable I’m afraid

Maybe this thread doesn’t need making and we’ve all had enough but whatever, here it is.

I’m a Norwich fan and have been forever. I’ve seen us good and I’ve seen us crap. I’m along for the ride, I know the deal. It’s Norwich, it’s a mixed bag. It’s the path I chose, I couldn’t have just become an Arsenal fan or something as a lad but didn’t.

If we’re playing crap I’m not happy but it is what it is. I’m not going to be fundamentally mad. Yet, I find myself fundamentally mad at this football club. My football club.

I have and will in the future endure poor on the pitch performance but what has happened with Webber, letting him fail so consistently, allowing him to slate the fanbase, resigning but being allowed to stay and spend our cash, his wife being allowed to arbitrarily stay and many other things. It’s actually unforgivable. It’s not acceptable at any company, organisation an especially any football club anywhere in the land.

It’s a decision, made by the management team and ownership that can be remedied only by the lot of them going. It’s literally trashed all of their remaining legacies.

They all need to go, every one of them, for this club to heal.

And if you are cruising around on here for a laugh Stu I definitely 100% would say it to your face, so you can cut out the “I don’t tolerate bullies” pretending to be captain America b0Ll0cks.

• Like 14

I hear you Buh. From a big distance , 🇧🇷

I would have to agree with you. Its such a shame it feels like this. But , I have never Been a fan of the chancer charlatan. He unfortunately  was given full control by the owners and he has sucked the life out of this club . He really could not give a tòśs , a huge reset has to happen and at least him gone now. Its an almighty joke,   but it's not very funny.

• Like 5

Yes we should have got rid of him after the bizarre interviews and slagging off the fans started. I guess the point where he himself wanted to leave but Delia begged him to stay is where it really should have ended.

Unfortunately the owners should have sold the club years ago they are too or of touch and became too dependant on others to run the thing.

Too stubborn to sell it to someone who might take a shot at making a success of it i.e. sell out to the evil Premier league , they seem to be rather reluctantly ceding power now they have found someone of equally modest ambition and shallow pockets to buy in to the club

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

They all need to go, every one of them, for this club to heal.”

This is exactly right. This limbo land of ownership and with sporting directors, even head coaches is killing this club in a far bigger way than they realise and, evidently care to. Only a true fresh start will do now or the bad feeling will just rumble on like they are.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CanaryCuddles said:

Yes we should have got rid of him after the bizarre interviews and slagging off the fans started. I guess the point where he himself wanted to leave but Delia begged him to stay is where it really should have ended.

Unfortunately the owners should have sold the club years ago they are too or of touch and became too dependant on others to run the thing.

Too stubborn to sell it to someone who might take a shot at making a success of it i.e. sell out to the evil Premier league , they seem to be rather reluctantly ceding power now they have found someone of equally modest ambition and shallow pockets to buy in to the club

The fact the owners misjudged things so badly and begged him to stay, only for him to waste even more money.

The only thing to be done is to get rid of all of them. We can’t have any confidence in any future decisions or fully heal as a club.

• Like 1

He should have been shown the door after that prem season. Yet alone when he humiliated the club and its fan base with that not 100% nonsense. Yet alone when he slagged off the ‘divorcees in the snake pit’. Delia and Michael are an equal disgrace for allowing all this. 

• Like 4

Our owners always get too personal with the staff that are hired. Professionalism goes out of the window and you end up with long drawn out amateur decisions happening time and time again. I can’t see our club progressing until the lot of them are gone. 

• Like 6

I mean it’s obvious times are changing Delia and Michael are on the way out, Webber is going and Wagner is on borrowed time. Fans have been calling for this for years on and off. My only concern is that there is kinda of an inbuilt assumption that by tearing it all down and starting afresh things will get better but there there is no guarantee of this.

• Thanks 2

Without Webber, we wouldn't have had two fantastic promotions and some of the best football this club has ever seen. Without DS and MJW we wouldn't have had the same history of promotions that other clubs of similar size could only envy.

Webber's time is up with this club, as it should be, but he is human, he has faults as we all do and he knows it. So this thread is a bit ott imo. ANY owner and ANY sporting director is going to struggle at times - it's nothing to do with money - it's about how football is a roller coaster - and NCFC have been on one of the biggest roller coasters for years - and it's nothing to do with Webber - we'll still be on that roller coaster when he's gone.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I mean it’s obvious times are changing Delia and Michael are on the way out, Webber is going and Wagner is on borrowed time. Fans have been calling for this for years on and off. My only concern is that there is kinda of an inbuilt assumption that by tearing it all down and starting afresh things will get better but there there is no guarantee of this.

Tearing it down? Chance would be a fine thing. It’s the long drawn out nature of it all that’s the problem. Tearing down is what we need to enable a feeling of a new dawn. The fans need that and therefore so does the club.

3 year ownership handover? WTF?

Extended SD notice period and weird transitional handover phase? WTF?

dilly dallying as per usual on all major decisions - this is why the club is in the pickle that it’s in!

17 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Absolute parasite of a man who’s manipulated two senile pensioners. There’s still a few that rate him though which says a lot about them. 

Anyone that can write what you've just done needs to look at themselves and what they've become.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Anyone that can write what you've just done needs to look at themselves and what they've become.

Thanks Lakey for being my conscience, much appreciated. You’ve read far worse on here and probably on a daily basis and you know it. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:
3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Thanks Lakey for being my conscience, much appreciated. 

Pleasure. Writing stuff like that about other human beings should be challenged.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:
1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Pleasure. Writing stuff like that about other human beings should be challenged.

Which part or all of it? 

I don't need to answer that.

Just now, lake district canary said:

I don't need to answer that.

Fair enough, have a great day anyway and if it gets too much you have the ignore option. 

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

He should have been shown the door after that prem season. Yet alone when he humiliated the club and its fan base with that not 100% nonsense. Yet alone when he slagged off the ‘divorcees in the snake pit’. Delia and Michael are an equal disgrace for allowing all this. 

And remember the awful comments ‘ Carrow road will never be like hillsborough was ( when they went up) ….’ So disrespectful 

the man is a snake and time ran out a long while ago 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Absolute parasite of a man who’s manipulated two senile pensioners. There’s still a few that rate him though which says a lot about them. 

Should have been sacked the second he said he doesn't really care about us and would rather be anywhere else and up a mountain.

Probably the biggest red flag you'll ever get. How can anyone talk about how much they hate a job and how they would rather be anywhere else and spent time flirting with other clubs/jobs (looking at Leeds and Webbers love of them) and make mistakes time and time again and yet STILL be employed?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Without Webber, we wouldn't have had two fantastic promotions and some of the best football this club has ever seen. Without DS and MJW we wouldn't have had the same history of promotions that other clubs of similar size could only envy.

Webber's time is up with this club, as it should be, but he is human, he has faults as we all do and he knows it. So this thread is a bit ott imo. ANY owner and ANY sporting director is going to struggle at times - it's nothing to do with money - it's about how football is a roller coaster - and NCFC have been on one of the biggest roller coasters for years - and it's nothing to do with Webber - we'll still be on that roller coaster when he's gone.

Yes, any SD will struggle at times and make mistakes. What most of them don't do, though, is treat the fans like sh*t on their shoes, pick fights with the local media while giving grandiose interviews to national newspapers, resign on their terms at a time to suit them personally rather than for the good of the club, publicly state on a regular basis that they can leave any time they wish because they're far too important to stick around at our humble little club, and give head coaches a four-year contract and then sack them soon after to try to disguise their own incompetence.

I generally like your positivity, LDC, but this is sucking up to an arrogant wannabe who, if I may use the vernacular, wouldn't p*ss on you if you were on fire.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It’s this attitude that is allowing and abetting our management and leadership team to change and adapt to the fast moving football arena at a glacial pace and allow those in charge to operate with impunity, waste precious resources at a rate never seen before and generally disrespect everything this club stands for as the principal sporting beacon in the region.

For too long they’ve had a green light to just carry on and it can’t be allowed anymore.

When Delia and Michael backed Webber so vociferously they made their final mistake in terms of having a positive legacy at this club.

No statue, no plaques. It’s over. I repeat, it’s unforgivable. The only solution is a clean break or this club will be permanently scarred. We’ve seen already that any new appointment to management or wherever has the prejudice of being appointed by these marked individuals that we know have done our club so much harm and crucially will be responsible probably for a lot of hurt coming up very, very soon.

You can cry out “But, Buendia!” As loud as you want when we are in league one and unable to recover but it won’t do you any good.

Doesn’t fill me with confidence that the Americans have another 2 years 3 months voting in concert.

the owners/leadership at the club truly looks out of its depth at this moment.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s this attitude that is allowing and abetting our management and leadership team to change and adapt to the fast moving football arena at a glacial pace and allow those in charge to operate with impunity, waste precious resources at a rate never seen before and generally disrespect everything this club stands for as the principal sporting beacon in the region.

For too long they’ve had a green light to just carry on and it can’t be allowed anymore.

When Delia and Michael backed Webber so vociferously they made their final mistake in terms of having a positive legacy at this club.

No statue, no plaques. It’s over. I repeat, it’s unforgivable. The only solution is a clean break or this club will be permanently scarred. We’ve seen already that any new appointment to management or wherever has the prejudice of being appointed by these marked individuals that we know have done our club so much harm and crucially will be responsible probably for a lot of hurt coming up very, very soon.

You can cry out “But, Buendia!” As loud as you want when we are in league one and unable to recover but it won’t do you any good.

It's a kind of Stockholm syndrome by both Delia/Michael and the handful of people on here who still rush forward to vociferously support Webber. The more he makes it clear that he despises them, the more they love him and beg for more.

One thing stands out for me. It’s unthinkable that Webbers wife remains on the board after his departure. What a ridiculous situation for the new Sporting Director to face.
She should never have been appointed in the first place, it was nepotism at its worst.
Run just like one big happy family it’s seems.
Webber should be on Gardening leave, and the new man in now. How can Webber be working in the clubs best interest, while having his main focus on his next move.
The only good thing about his departure is that he will no longer be in such high demand that he imagined he would be a few years back.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't support him. But I don't do name calling and verbal attacks on him either. He's going, isn't that enough? 

Eventually yes. The point is he should already be gone.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

She should never have been appointed in the first place, it was nepotism at its worst.

Zoe was appointed before Stuart, wasn't she?

• Like 1

Zoe Webber nee Ward was at the club before Stu even arrived. Arguably she has more experience in football on the non playing side than he does. I don’t see what is inheritently wrong with that otherthan the owners have put all their trust in the 'couple' moving the club forward and the rest of the BOD appear largely passengers. 

The club has gone full 360, back to an ageing squad, still a bit of deadwood and a weak financial position. Had Wagner got his act together and results been better, supporters may have been prepared to gloss over that, but we're rubbish at the moment. 

Webber leaves with his stock incredibly low, especially if a future employer does a bit of due dilligence on his time here.

Nothing will change in the short term until Knapper gets his feet under the table. No point venting really.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

One thing stands out for me. It’s unthinkable that Webbers wife remains on the board after his departure. What a ridiculous situation for the new Sporting Director to face.
Run just like one big happy family it’s seems.
Webber should be on Gardening leave, and the new man in now. How can Webber be working in the clubs best interest, while having his main focus on his next move.
The only good thing about his departure is that he will no longer be in such high demand that he imagined he would be a few years back.

How can people who seem to know so much about Zoe's performance here to want her sacked, fail to know the bare basics like the fact she was here before Stuart?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Zoe was appointed before Stuart, wasn't she?

Perhaps it follows that when she recommends her husband for senior employment, the message should be it's one or the other not both.