Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Team v Boro

We all have differing views and we have no idea what Wagner will do.... well we have, he'll probably pick the same eleven apart from Gunn. Personally I'd like to see some changes

Long

Baath Duffy Gibson

Stacey Forshaw McLean Giannoulis 

Sara Sainz

Rowe

Nunez, Idah, Gibbs, Fassnacht, Fisher

Hwang, Placheta , Hernandez and keeper 

Defensively strong and goals going forward. Of course it'll be nothing like that

Long in goal probably means a loss as does gibson in defence but what can we do due to injures? All we can do is make sure Batth starts as does Sainz and pray and hope Sara get's played more forward and in a more attacking midfield role rather than a defensive one.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

10 minutes ago, canarycop said:

We all have differing views and we have no idea what Wagner will do.... well we have, he'll probably pick the same eleven apart from Gunn. Personally I'd like to see some changes

Long

Baath Duffy Gibson

Stacey Forshaw McLean Giannoulis 

Sara Sainz

Rowe

Nunez, Idah, Gibbs, Fassnacht, Fisher

Hwang, Placheta , Hernandez and keeper 

Defensively strong and goals going forward. Of course it'll be nothing like that

342144 - that should do it

4 minutes ago, BigFish said:

342144 - that should do it

Funny. Nine on the bench. If I'd have written Bench people would ask who he was haha 

Long
Stacey Duffy Batth Giannoulis
McLean Forshaw
Sainz Sara Rowe
Idah

Subs: young keeper, Fisher, Gibson, Placheta, Gibbs, Nunez, Hernandez, Fassnacht, Hwang

• Like 1

I'd like to see an acknowledgement of our current defensive run, but I also think Wagner is damned either way. 

McLean - Forshaw - Sara in the middle, Sainz and Rowe in the forward wide positions. Rest of the team as-you-were but it is beyond time we get a look at what Batth is here for.

I have no idea on team selection, I am just hoping that if he starts Idah repays the faith being shown in him by the club. I know he has only played in short spells but Hwang does not fill me with confidence, I do not know much about the U21s but is there a forward that could be on the bench instead of him?..........j

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Long
McLean Forshaw
Sainz Sara Rowe
Idah

Subs: young keeper, Fisher, Gibson, Placheta, Gibbs, Nunez, Hernandez, Fassnacht, Hwang

I'd prefer to see Manning and Aboh replacing Fassnacht and Hwang - time to see what the young'uns can do, those guys haven't shown owt worth writing home about yet.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'd prefer to see Manning and Aboh replacing Fassnacht and Hwang - time to see what the young'uns can do, those guys haven't shown owt worth writing home about yet.

They're two seasoned internationals. Granted they've done very little so far, but I think they need (and will be given) more time to prove themselves. Not that I'd be disappointed if they were dropped for youngsters, but Fassnacht in particular we paid money for in the summer so I'd rather he or Springett were in the squad than a completely untried Academy player. Aboh for Hwang, though, probably has more legs.

Long

Stacey Warner Gibson Giannoulis

Forshaw Mclean 

Sara

Sainz        Ogwuru     Rowe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Long
McLean Forshaw
Sainz Sara Rowe
Idah

Yep I would probably go for this. Personally I would prefer Hwang to Idah, but thats a personal preference.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Long in goal probably means a loss as does gibson in defence but what can we do due to injures? All we can do is make sure Batth starts as does Sainz and pray and hope Sara get's played more forward and in a more attacking midfield role rather than a defensive one.

Nothing like a bit of faith in the new guy before he gets a proper chance.

Personally I’ll die on the hill that Gibson hasn’t been that bad this season.

Duffy and Gibson have had approx. 60 shots against them in the last three games, that’s not their issue.

Edited by Monty13

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Long

Forshaw Mclean 

Sara

Has Ogwuru showed much for the u21s since he signed. Haven't heard much

Just now, norfolkngood said:

Long

Forshaw Mclean 

Sara

Ogwuru? Really?

It will be the same line up.

It will be another defensive shambles.

It will be another defeat.

Wagner will once again shun any responsibility and talk nonsense about what an excellent performance it was.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

6 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

It will be the same line up.

It will be another defensive shambles.

It will be another defeat.

Wagner will once again shun any responsibility and talk nonsense about what an excellent performance it was.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Sounds positive

Just now, canarycop said:

Has Ogwuru showed much for the u21s since he signed. Haven't heard much

4 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Ogwuru? Really?

will never happen i know !!

i would love to see it  Ogwuru totally unknown Middleborough defenders will not have any idea how he plays etc 

21 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

will never happen i know !!

i would love to see it  Ogwuru totally unknown Middleborough defenders will not have any idea how he plays etc 

He hasnt been pulling up trees in the under 21s. Last goal was over a month ago. Would prefer Idah or Hwang over him. I dont think contrary to what some are thinking its not the right time to integrate youngsters, with maybe the exception of Warner and even then I would expect Danny B to start over him.

Edited by jaberry2

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

He hasnt been pulling up trees in the under 21s. Last goal was over a month ago. Would prefer Idah or Hwang over him. I dont think contrary to what some are thinking its not the right time to integrate youngsters, with maybe the exception of Warner and even then I would expect Danny B to start over him.

I like the idea of Warner who has pace ,

Never Seen Danny B play  what is he like ? Ball playing ? stopper ? fast  or slow ? ,

Just think we lack pace in some areas and CB is one place we could do with some 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

I like the idea of Warner who has pace ,

Never Seen Danny B play  what is he like ? Ball playing ? stopper ? fast  or slow ? ,

Just think we lack pace in some areas and CB is one place we could do with some 

Personally he sounds pretty sound defensively, however I suspect Wagner wont change due to the GK injury and Long starting. I imagine he wont tinker that much defensively and opt for maybe a slightly revised midfield.

Just now, jaberry2 said:

Personally he sounds pretty sound defensively, however I suspect Wagner wont change due to the GK injury and Long starting. I imagine he wont tinker that much defensively and opt for maybe a slightly revised midfield.

i have said on another thread he needs to change something not his whole style just a tweak somewhere 

Get the team playing and defending as one if not it will be a long night 

Wagner doesn't do tweaks, whereas multi subs he is an advocate.  Unfortunately the subs available are extremely deficient in ability.

Maybe this time we'll already be 3-0 down before Wagner makes his deficient subs, and at least we can't blame it on that this time. Only that e have a weak midfield and Duffy/Gibson isn't the answer 😆

1 hour ago, pete said:

Wagner doesn't do tweaks, whereas multi subs he is an advocate.  Unfortunately the subs available are extremely deficient in ability.

Indeed but quite often DW doesn't need to make as many subs as he does. Throwing three on at once smacks of desperation and alters the whole balance of the team normally in a haphazard and stilted manner leading to no positive outcome. 

• Like 1

He likes a consistent cb pairing even if it's lack of mobility causes us issues.   So I expect the same back 4 and sara and McLean to keep their spots.

Nunez has to at least make the bench and if not tonight then when will sainz ever start?  Beyond that not sure we have many options if we decide to stick to the same tactics and a gaping hole in cm when not in possession. 

16 minutes ago, ZLF said:

He likes a consistent cb pairing even if it's lack of mobility causes us issues.   So I expect the same back 4 and sara and McLean to keep their spots.

Nunez has to at least make the bench and if not tonight then when will sainz ever start?  Beyond that not sure we have many options if we decide to stick to the same tactics and a gaping hole in cm when not in possession. 

If he does and we get sliced open time and time again then he has to go tonight ,

it clearly is a problem with the CB's exposed without a CDM both lack pace he has a young CB who has pace who played well with Gibson in Warner