Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich V Leeds****

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Also no Nunez on the bench feels odd- maybe a rest after some long flights but still...

...its bullsh!t...as if there are no other South Americans playing for their teams this weekend

Starter for Chile, apparantly cant get in our team ahead of Gibbs

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Forshaw and Batth must wonder why on Earth they came here

Its baffling. Foreshaw has all the expierence we need, more so given how soft our midfield is. Our defence with Gibson is so often a clownshow and we sign a defender who has won a player of the season award.

Both on the bench. I inch closer to Wagner out every day

I hope I am wrong, but cannot see anything in team to win today. Need a complete rethink, manager (who picks same dull players) and players seemingly just on the pitch for exercise and huge wages.  0-3 scoreline.

30 years ago we beat Bayen , just history now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Its baffling. Foreshaw has all the expierence we need, more so given how soft our midfield is. Our defence with Gibson is so often a clownshow and we sign a defender who has won a player of the season award.

Both on the bench. I inch closer to Wagner out every day

I'll be very vocal today if we get, what I suspect will be a battering

Gibson & Idah should not be starting. Batth & Forshaw less of a risk. 

Still think Hwang has a bit of nous that would be useful, specially in a game like this. So swap Idah for Hwang, Gibson for Batth & Forshaw for Gibbs or Onel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record, but two wingers on the bench and four on the bench shows how unbalanced the squad was left at the end of the window.

Absolutely, six wingers on the bench is a lot.

😝

I seem to be alone, but can’t see too much wrong with the line-up - given players having been injured etc.  I’d obviously have had some changes if everyone was fit.

I thought Gibson (with Duffy) did ok af Coventry...the og was possibly as much to do with Wagner throwing on Baath to try and see out a lead ,if anything confusing our own back line.

The issue here is clearly our midfield. Just cannot believe Wagner has picked this 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

3-0 down 20 minutes in. Farke turns to the camera and winks.

Place your bets

And you start yet another thread about it 🤣🤣

I'm most concerned about midfield and attack. Unless Gibbs and Sara are very interchangeable, same set up as at Coventry. Where are the goals coming from?

Just now, shefcanary said:

I'm most concerned about midfield and attack. Unless Gibbs and Sara are very interchangeable, same set up as at Coventry. Where are the goals coming from?

Hwang scored during the international break and..

On the bench. Idah scores no goals during the break. Get's a start.

Make it make sense

this is what i would have gone with 

Forshaw  at the base 

McLean alongside more defensive but allowed to roam

Sara more AM he is the man who can do something special 

Sainz and Rowe wide 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

You can add ‘defence’ to that list as well…..

Ive reached the point of total apathy when Wagner picks his starting 11 now.

Cannot understand Gibson again, and makes no sense why Forshaw doesnt start.

Maybe with Knapper coming we can start to count down the days before Wagner goes.

Id love a norwich win, but just cant get inspired by Wagners selections or performances now. Heres hoping norwich come.good

• Like 2

Just now, Samwam27 said:

Maybe with Knapper coming we can start to count down the days before Wagner goes.

Id love a norwich win, but just cant get inspired by Wagners selections or performances now. Heres hoping norwich come.good

This. I cant get angry or annoyed about team selections anymore, its just expected now itl be the WRONG team and not getting the best out of what we have. Apathy and resignation.

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I seem to be alone, but can’t see too much wrong with the line-up - given players having been injured etc.  I’d obviously have had some changes if everyone was fit.

I'd point to three issues in my view.

1- Onel starting. He's been awful every time I've seen him this season. OK Sainz may not be fit enough to start but both Placheta and Fassnacht have offered more this season.

2- Gibbs at number 10. Every time he starts in this role he's basically annonymous. Unless he's deeper and Sara is futher forward I don't see an argument for him starting and even then I'd prefer Forshaw.

3- The central defence. We've looked leaky all season with this pair and it rather raises the question as to what the point is of Danny Baath if we don't think he's worth a game.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

i think for a chance today we had to change it up a bit try something different 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hwang scored during the international break and..

On the bench. Idah scores no goals during the break. Get's a start.

Make it make sense

Hwang scored a goal against Vietnam. He's looked crap every time he's played for us. It makes a fair bit of sense.

What is the story of Fassnacht.He doesnt seem to get much of a look in at the moment.Southwell was blowing smoke up his a*** earlier in the season,saying what a class act he was.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Hwang scored a goal against Vietnam. He's looked crap every time he's played for us. It makes a fair bit of sense.

*Tunisia 

oh i forgot my Idah this is the game he shows us he is ready today !!!! 

he will be the first choice striker for rest of season !!! 

Edited by norfolkngood

It says something when u look for Wrexhams line up and result ahead of your beloved Norwich, such is how i know feel about Norwichs line ups and results.

The performances have dropped so far since the start of the season

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I'd point to three issues in my view.

1- Onel starting. He's been awful every time I've seen him this season. OK Sainz may not be fit enough to start but both Placheta and Fassnacht have offered more this season.

2- Gibbs at number 10. Every time he starts in this role he's basically annonymous. Unless he's deeper and Sara is futher forward I don't see an argument for him starting and even then I'd prefer Forshaw.

3- The central defence. We've looked leaky all season with this pair and it rather raises the question as to what the point is of Danny Baath if we don't think he's worth a game.

Problem is those are not ‘definite’ calls - all are a matter of opinion, and the manager is the guy who’s seen them all in training these past two weeks.

For instance, Baatth starting could unbalance the cb pairing, but you’d think he in particular must be a close call; Sainz is surely a starter but perhaps not completely ready for a full blooded Champs 90 minutes.

My point was that I don’t see too much wrong with the starting XI, not that it would definitely be my choice.  It just seems to me that everyone gets their criticism in an hour before they’ve even seen how we are setting up - I’d prefer to see how it pans out. 

Just now, Samwam27 said:

It says something when u look for Wrexhams line up and result ahead of your beloved Norwich, such is how i know feel about Norwichs line ups and results.

The performances have dropped so far since the start of the season

You do realise todays game doesn’t actually start for 20 minutes?  The level of pessimism on here is astounding to me.