Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich V Leeds****

I know Fassnacht has had a couple of ropey games but he is a far better class than Hernandez and gibbs.

wagner does seem to make some very weird decisions

Edited by rock bus
  • Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Problem is those are not ‘definite’ calls - all are a matter of opinion, and the manager is the guy who’s seen them all in training these past two weeks.

For instance, Baatth starting could unbalance the cb pairing, but you’d think he in particular must be a close call; Sainz is surely a starter but perhaps not completely ready for a full blooded Champs 90 minutes.

My point was that I don’t see too much wrong with the starting XI, not that it would definitely be my choice.  It just seems to me that everyone gets their criticism in an hour before they’ve even seen how we are setting up - I’d prefer to see how it pans out. 

This is a thread about the match where people are giving their opinions on the team selection. So yeah it is of course a matter of opinion or not fact. This is the purpose of a forum.

I am baffled. What does it take for Sainz to start? Even if he isn't completely fit surely he can start and come off if necessary. And I just cannot see the point of Sara so deep again when he played forward we looked better and he scored twice.

Baffled. Cannot warm to Wagner. He is just putting out the same tactic game after game when it hardly has a legacy of success.

We should all be chomping at the bit at this chance to get one over Farke (in a friendly way). Instead the mood on here is already pretty funereal.

This isn't an attack on fellow posters - I don't feel at all optimistic either. It just shows how far we have fallen as a club over the last two years, the bulk of which I personally put down to Webber and Dean Smith. The worrying thing is that fewer and fewer of us seem to see Wagner as the answer any longer, and I'd be surprised if this doesn't start to be reflected in the home crowd again, compounding the problem.

If only we could see a good performance today and a good result. We all need a pick-me-up.

41 minutes ago, king canary said:

Also no Nunez on the bench feels odd- maybe a rest after some long flights but still...

Really worries me that Wagner doesn’t want to use Nunez. 

I know he’s inconsistent, but can be a match winner on his day. Bar Sara, no match winners on the pitch today. 

The experience of Batth wouldn’t go a miss. Is Wagner afraid to drop certain players?

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

How long in the match before Gibson mess up and a goal conceded  ,  Idah goes missing ,   my score prediction is 3-1 to Leeds -hope IM wrong but city performances nowadays don't fill one with confidence- Got feeling the Fans  will be furious after the match how the game went

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

; Sainz is surely a starter but perhaps not completely ready for a full blooded Champs 90 minutes.

i would prefer 60 mins out of Sainz at the start and sub him when getting tired etc than the last 20 mins 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Problem is those are not ‘definite’ calls - all are a matter of opinion, and the manager is the guy who’s seen them all in training these past two weeks.

For instance, Baatth starting could unbalance the cb pairing, but you’d think he in particular must be a close call; Sainz is surely a starter but perhaps not completely ready for a full blooded Champs 90 minutes.

My point was that I don’t see too much wrong with the starting XI, not that it would definitely be my choice.  It just seems to me that everyone gets their criticism in an hour before they’ve even seen how we are setting up - I’d prefer to see how it pans out. 

He has seen them in training? What about the matches prior to the break? Surely you must be disappointed not to see Sainz starting?

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

We should all be chomping at the bit at this chance to get one over Farke (in a friendly way). Instead the mood on here is already pretty funereal.

This isn't an attack on fellow posters - I don't feel at all optimistic either. It just shows how far we have fallen as a club over the last two years, the bulk of which I personally put down to Webber and Dean Smith. The worrying thing is that fewer and fewer of us seem to see Wagner as the answer any longer, and I'd be surprised if this doesn't start to be reflected in the home crowd again, compounding the problem.

If only we could see a good performance today and a good result. We all need a pick-me-up.

It's sad that when Farke spoke about todays match he talked about when he first came to Norwich and the club/Norwich was midtable with a team of misfits on too high wages with negative attitudes around the club with debts popping up and club finances having been misspent and the club having an uncertain direction and future given that sounds a whole lot like what state this club is in right now

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

He has seen them in training? What about the matches prior to the break? Surely you must be disappointed not to see Sainz starting?

Yes and no - he’s been injured, perhaps he’s not ready to start a full-blooded Champs game. There’s a huge difference between u21 run outs and playing a top Champs side. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's sad that when Farke spoke about todays match he talked about when he first came to Norwich and the club/Norwich was midtable with a team of misfits on too high wages with negative attitudes around the club with debts popping up and club finances having been misspent and the club having an uncertain direction and future given that sounds a whole lot like what state this club is in right now

i think that might have been a bit of a dig at Webber ?

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The most negative attitudes appear to be on here rather than within the club.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Utter crap. The most negative attitudes appear to be on here.

Is it really? Do you see a positive direction this club is heading in? Can you see a happy and postive mood among the fanbase?  Are our player wages low or some of the highest in the divison? Does this club feel like it has any sort of identity right now? You tell me.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i think that might have been a bit of a dig at Webber ?

Didn’t Webber bring him here?  Doesn’t seem likely, feels more like he was blowing his own trumpet.

Is it really? Do you see a positive direction this club is heading in? Can you see a happy and postive mood among the fanbase?  Are our player wages low or some of the highest in the divison? Does this club feel like it has any sort of identity right now? You tell me.

You are probably the worst of the flim-flammers, going with wherever the wind blows, so do you really expect a serious answer?

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Haha 1

Yes.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Whatever else happens, I enjoyed the Gun n Roses as they came on the pitch.

What song was it? 

‘Used To Love Her’?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Didn’t Webber bring him here?  Doesn’t seem likely, feels more like he was blowing his own trumpet.

You are correct he did and what a Signing Farke was Webber deserves all the credit for that ,

It was a perfect storm ,success , good signings ,clearing debt , playing great football ,

Not been the same since he was sacked though 

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

On the pitch? Really? I'd love to understand.

More generally. What looks like a good appointment as Webber's replacement, the board of directors being freshened up, money coming in as cash and loans, and the prospect of a takeover.

• Like 2

If we lose ( Hope not ) can some see that fans will be chanting farkes name to rub insult to Wagner / directors

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Welcome to the Jungle.

Missed a trick, should’ve been ‘It’s So Easy’. 

• Haha 1