cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Swans V Canaries*

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Really dont know how many other 'top half' sides wouldve somehow contrived to have lost that in the second half

Suppose bringing Hernandez,Placheta and Idah all on at the same time , 3 players that nobody knows what theyre going to do, including themselves doesnt help

All part of the problem that! having absolutely no depth in quality in this squad. Compare our bench today to the one Leicester has when we played them a couple weeks ago. Different gravy. 

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Surely time to change that defence. He keeps playing the same line up despite conceding hat fulls.

But the man baffles me. As you say, same defence, but he was happy to change other players after we won our last game.

Lack of depth is going to be our downfall this season. Hwang is not the player we needed after Josh limped off, we needed someone to stick the ball in the bloody net but because so many inside the club have a blinkered view that Idah is going to come good (unfortunately it seems that isn’t going to happen) they didn’t want to go out and spend any money. Now we’re stuck without players capable of poaching the goals off the 50:50 chances we create and we’re too loose at the back to shut other teams out, it’s a poor combination.

1 minute ago, Wirecanary said:

Sorry utter crap result that we have real issues now away from home .. losing away to some poor sides .. not good enough all round …. 

I don't think we get issued with anything, We just are suffering the loss of our two main strikers.m Thats the main problem. Idah never was up to it. Has alll the effort of an unseated horse in the Grand National, and with the same pointless result..

Hwang does not look to be the answer. Onel huffs and puffs, but all too often seems as surprised as everyone else that he still has the ball.  Too many from Gibson too Placheta are not consistent enough. Misplaced passes are all too frequent, yet again.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

For a while I thought it was going to be quiet on here tonight.

" it's going to be busy on here tonight " 

We have deteriorated as a side so much. We look bang average with ageing players whose legs can’t hold up for a full season of championship football- and yet no really qualify to help rest them. We look bottom half champs stodge to me - and will be dire when Sara inevitably departs 

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Lack of depth is going to be our downfall this season. Hwang is not the player we needed after Josh limped off, we needed someone to stick the ball in the bloody net but because so many inside the club have a blinkered view that Idah is going to come good (unfortunately it seems that isn’t going to happen) they didn’t want to go out and spend any money. Now we’re stuck without players capable of poaching the goals off the 50:50 chances we create and we’re too loose at the back to shut other teams out, it’s a poor combination.

I don't understand that someone in the recruitment team advised to sign hwang who hasn't even played a minute for forest since signing for them. 

1 minute ago, raunds canary said:

I don't understand that someone in the recruitment team advised to sign hwang who hasn't even played a minute for forest since signing for them. 

Perhaps he can play centre back.

A few of things are very obvious it seems to anyone other than Wagner and Webber:

1. We have not adequately replaced Sargent and it was obvious that was going to be the case. Idah is inept.

2. With our attacking full backs we cannot play a midfield two of Sara and Kenny. It’s too open and exposes the liabilities at the back.

3. Gibson and Duffy together are an error waiting to happen unless given protection from and an outlet in imidfield. Forshaw was doing that. Taking him off and changing it was a massive error. 

30 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Two mid-table sides. Could have gone either way, and they will just about deserve the points.

We lack quality at the sharp end and that defence is shaky to say the least.

Absolutely no way they deserved the points. That’s the frustration of it. They were rubbish 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

A few of things are very obvious it seems to anyone other than Wagner and Webber:

1. We have not adequately replaced Sargent and it was obvious that was going to be the case. Idah is inept.

2. With our attacking full backs we cannot play a midfield two of Sara and Kenny. It’s too open and exposes the liabilities at the back.

3. Gibson and Duffy together are an error waiting to happen unless given protection from and an outlet in imidfield. Forshaw was doing that. Taking him off and changing it was a massive error. 

We finally didnt start with no.2 tonight.....until Wagner reverted to it...then we lost

Wagner Out

We simply have too many poor players. Hwang, Idah, Placheta, Hernandez - none of these should be anywhere near the pitch for a side hoping to make the play-offs and perhaps not even on the bench. Duffy was brought in as an experienced head to toughen up our defence, but it looks even worse than it did last season. Springett did OK tonight I felt, but he should be out on loan. In general he's not good enough yet.

Just imagine what we will be like when there is no Sara and no Rowe. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Wagner's substitutions are a perfect example of overthinking. They always make us worse, often when we're actually doing OK.

Just one positive for me tonight. Stacey. He definitely didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

We simply have too many poor players. Hwang, Idah, Placheta, Hernandez - none of these should be anywhere near the pitch for a side hoping to make the play-offs and perhaps not even on the bench. Duffy was brought in as an experienced head to toughen up our defence, but it looks even worse than it did last season. Springett did OK tonight I felt, but he should be out on loan. In general he's not good enough yet.

Just imagine what we will be like when there is no Sara and no Rowe. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Wagner's substitutions are a perfect example of overthinking. They always make us worse, often when we're actually doing OK.

Just one positive for me tonight. Stacey. He definitely didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

And we have had too many poor coaches since DF.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We finally didnt start with no.2 tonight.....until Wagner reverted to it...then we lost

Wagner Out

Yes. That was my point. And we were in complete control until he changed it 

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Placheta put one on a plate for Idah. 2-1 up and the game is ours.

Wow one cross, how many times did he give the ball away! 

6 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I still think that despite us having too many poor players in the squad - the decent ones amongst them would still ensure we are play off level - with a better manager in charge. 
But the cocktail of players / Wagner is a bottom half combination 

Should've won that, just lacked quality in key moments.  Credit to Swansea for raising their game before scoring the winner, it's something we should be able to do, but seem to only be capable of it in the final minutes when chasing a game.

I really believe that if Rowe is to be our danger man he needs to play same side as Stacey where there's a lot of intensity and overlapping between them - should be the first two names down, and then it's a pick'em for the left side.

8 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Wow one cross, how many times did he give the ball away! 

So you would have still rubbished him if Idah scored?

Edited by keelansgrandad