Yobocop

Yobocop's Big Post of the Week: Norwich City's Pop Culture

Hello, Pink Un community!

Welcome to Yobocop’s big post of the week: This time, we're diving into an intriguing topic: Norwich City in pop culture.

Have you ever come across instances where Norwich City unexpectedly appears in the world of pop culture? Whether it's in a movie, a TV show, a song, or any other form of entertainment, we want to hear about it!

Share your discoveries, no matter how unique or unusual they may be. Let's celebrate and explore the various ways Norwich City has made its mark in the world of entertainment.

So, join the conversation and let's uncover the hidden gems together. Your insights and contributions make this discussion come alive! 🎥🎶📺📚

OTBC 

Joseph Yobocop 

47 minutes ago, Fifty said:

Jason Shackell on The Hills

42DBA1D5-686D-4F85-9591-9F185DBAC87F.jpeg

Brilliant one this completely forgot about it 

In the very first Mission Impossible film there's a scene fairly early on in a (London?) house where there is a radio on in the background giving out football scores. From memory Norwich City were the away team and the score was '0' 🤣

• Haha 1

A minor bit part in Lee Child's Jack Reacher series. The Hard Way ends in Norfolk, just south of Norwich. "Canaries" is the password he uses.🙂

https://www.edp24.co.uk/things-to-do/20699205.crime-writer-norwich-bookshop/

"Norfolk is not an area I know well. I have been there many times, but only for brief visits - I used to come to Carrow Road quite often to see Villa play Norwich, and I have had book events in Norwich before.

"When I travelled through Norfolk, my first impression was that its landscape was good for secrecy, intrigue and excitement. I just knew that the end of the book should be set there," he said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

Stop the thread, we have a winner.

"Norwich are never gonna win the league, but they still turn up every week" 😅 when is this from,  2008-9?

I may have completely imagined this, but I'm sure there was an episode of Eastenders in the late 90s where the characters (Bepe and Gianni) were discussing a forthcoming game between Italy and Wales. One of them mentioned Iwan Roberts as a threat for the Italians and said something along the lines of 'You know the big guy who plays for Norwich". Think the incident made the Evening News.

As I said it could all have a been a bad dream.

Wasn't it the Children's BBC TV programme Press Gang where a female lead was a big Norwich fan, her bedroom was decorated with posters and she always wore a Norwich scarf? Or am I getting the programmes mixed up?

On Saturday Swap Shop the nice lady doing the presenting was given a blue and white scarf, she said she didn't like it and turned it around to reveal a yellow and green one.

1 hour ago, Segura said:

I may have completely imagined this, but I'm sure there was an episode of Eastenders in the late 90s where the characters (Bepe and Gianni) were discussing a forthcoming game between Italy and Wales. One of them mentioned Iwan Roberts as a threat for the Italians and said something along the lines of 'You know the big guy who plays for Norwich". Think the incident made the Evening News.

As I said it could all have a been a bad dream.

Love it if this was true, brilliant anecdote 

• Like 1

We have often come up in questions or answers in such quiz games as Tipping Point or Pointless. I'm always so proud that I keep a special diary in which to note them all down.

I'll list them for you all on this thread when I find it.😁

Not sure that it counts as pop culture but in Arnold Wesker's Roots, set in Norfolk there is this Saturday lunchtime conversation between two members of a farming family:

"Who do you think'll win today?"

"Well Norwich won't."

"No."

I know Fighting with my Family has already been mentioned but Nick Frost’s portrayal of our very own Ricky Knight is up there 

E30BBC51-9699-4E0C-A0B4-CB6E63E32043.jpeg

Sorry to resurrect the thread but could not go without mentioning Barry pinches in his yellow and green waistcoat at the world champs 

B05E8F91-1A23-4571-B7B8-A0A12CBB9D6D.jpeg

• Like 2