Sign in to follow this  
Indy

VAR at it again….

Not that I’m a Liverpool fan but that goal was never offside and the red card was an awful choice by the VAR and referee! Really poor.

VAR now being used to keep the premier league competitive!

5 minutes ago, Mr_Biff1961 said:

It’s marvellous Simon Hooper again,,, watch him be demoted to the championship again

Let's ****ing hope not

6 minutes ago, Mr_Biff1961 said:

It’s marvellous Simon Hooper again,,, watch him be demoted to the championship again

I can hear him smirking post match

'Yeah I made a clear and obvious error but you know these things happen.. VAR agreed with me so who cares'

Regardless of the team or how much you might hate them, VAR and officials are now being shown as corrupt and it sours Football!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

VAR have just admitted the Diaz goal was onside and they screwed up.

But they are screwing up every week and it was bought in to stop this happening! It’s cost a team possibly 3 points and who knows the title! 
Needs seriously looking at!

5 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

VAR have just admitted the Diaz goal was onside and they screwed up.

I've defended the referees and I've defended VAR an awful lot on this forum, and I will continue to do so because so many calls are subjective, but getting a matter-of-fact decision like an offside wrong is unforgivable.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

FB_IMG_1696104278836.jpg

Where’s our apology about Teemu being onside against Spurs

Any other team wouldn’t get this sort of pandering. It’s embarrassing.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

FB_IMG_1696104278836.jpg

In that case the goal should be reinstated and the result a 2-2 draw!

25 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

FB_IMG_1696104278836.jpg

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I can hear him smirking post match

'Yeah I made a clear and obvious error but you know these things happen.. VAR agreed with me so who cares'

I was close

VAR is a nonsense the sport of football doesn’t need. 

the exhibition and money making racket elements of football however do need it. 

The way technology is used in many walks of life is cringeworthy right across the board. Yes, technology can be a great asset for all sorts of things, but there are also many situations where technology is more problem than it is worth.

VAR is one of those things. Just because technology is clever and can do all sorts of whizzy stuff, if it is set up wrong, or used badly, it can be worse than useless.

From companies that have to use paper and pen back ups because if they don't, they risk losing all their data (happened to an optician group up here recently) to failing technology at places (sports/concerts/railways etc) that rely on e-ticketing with no ability to print a real ticket, which means when the technology doesn't work, everyone is f*ck*d.

On top of the general waste of vast amounts in the name of "progress" and "efficiency" and "technology"......we have to put up with it in watching football, where the incompetence is so rife it would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

I get that many younger people know nothing else - they can't remember a time when there was little computer technology around, but surely to goodness there must be enough people of all ages that can see it is not the answer to everything?  VAR is ruining football - maybe the technology is clever, but if the numpties that are in charge of it can't use it properly, there is really no point in it at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indy said:

In that case the goal should be reinstated and the result a 2-2 draw!

If LiVARpool and Man Utd had points deducted where they had dodgy decisions they would lose a few most seasons.

As much as I dislike them, the team currently with the most problems with VAR decisions is Wolves, who have already had 2 apologies for decisions this season.

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Where’s our apology about Teemu being onside against Spurs

Any other team wouldn’t get this sort of pandering. It’s embarrassing.

Not correct, Wolves have already had 2 apologies this year.

I think this would be an appropriate time to point out that Dietmar Hamann only got a yellow card at Anfield for this foul on Damien Francis.

Didn't hear much complaint from Liverpool fans then.

20231001_001045~2.jpg

Edited by Pyro Pete

6 hours ago, Well b back said:

If LiVARpool and Man Utd had points deducted where they had dodgy decisions they would lose a few most seasons.

As much as I dislike them, the team currently with the most problems with VAR decisions is Wolves, who have already had 2 apologies for decisions this season.

Exactly and if it costs them relegation what use is an apology?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

I think this would be an appropriate time to point out that Dietmar Hamann only got a yellow card at Anfield for this foul on Damien Francis.

Didn't hear much complaint from Liverpool fans then.

20231001_001045~2.jpg

Irrelevant I’m not talking about Liverpool but how VAR is implemented and to me it’s now being used to justify either the ref or to even games up for a tight season. Corruption and not mistakes! 

Offsides with VAR shouldn't even need to be down to opinion, I'm pretty sure AI could make 100% accurate split second decisions on whether it is offside or not. Surely that is the way forward. 

• Like 1

Whilst im no fan of Hooper and unsurprised to see him involved in yet another bit of shambolic officiating, don’t neglect to look at who the VAR official was who is ultimately at fault here. a certain Darren England who people might recall from our away game at Southampton!

I hate Simon Hooper but the offside wasn’t his call…Lino gave it ,VAR didn’t intervene 

He also didn’t give a red until VAR did intervene

VAR needs a serious overhaul 

LiVARpool get a pandering “so sorrrry you didn’t win” message

We got “teething problems, suck it up Norwich”