cambridgeshire canary

Tom Cannon; Have we made a 7 million bid?

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Possibly, but if we're seriously thinking £7m plus on Cannon then it suggests the club fears a pretty poor prognosis for Josh. 

Let’s be honest, best case is probably January return then how long to gain full match fitness and sharpness, that’s probably 20 odd games at best he will miss, if we get another injury then we are pretty much in the ****e! So can fully understand if a player of Cannons calibre! (Another pun) is available for that money it’s a no brainier, when players are going for absolutely daft money!

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Let’s be honest, best case is probably January return then how long to gain full match fitness and sharpness, that’s probably 20 odd games at best he will miss, if we get another injury then we are pretty much in the ****e! So can fully understand if a player of Cannons calibre! (Another pun) is available for that money it’s a no brainier, when players are going for absolutely daft money!

I've not watched enough of him personally but a lot of people on this thread seem to be making a judgement that he's good value purely on a highlight reel of goals.

I don't know, he could well be, but I'm not sure how fans can determine a player who's played 19 games at Championship level is comfortably worth that much!

Maybe people have watched all of Prestons' games and know a lot more than me!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

To be Frank, Cannon could turn out to be an overweight Private Detective.....

Of you're Frank can I be Harry?

Looks like the initial excitement will to soften the blow in signing Lowe! Wow what a disappointment if we get Lowe when linked to Cannon!😉

Course could end up with both!

Edited by Indy

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I've not watched enough of him personally but a lot of people on this thread seem to be making a judgement that he's good value purely on a highlight reel of goals.

I don't know, he could well be, but I'm not sure how fans can determine a player who's played 19 games at Championship level is comfortably worth that much!

True, caution is a good trait but we paid a reported £5 million on Hguill….so a striker who at 20 returns far more potential and form in the same league should get you a little excited? No Hoggy?

Depends whether you follow football or just city

Cannons performances, not just goals, made him a hot loan target this summer for most champs clubs.   I don't think it was expected he'd be available to buy, but he is the right sort to buy.   I sort of expect us to be outbid, hence the leak of a bid, but it shows we can move quickly for the right player.

As for the value we paid 10m for a completely unknown sara who needed 6m to adjust.  7m may be as much ott as 5m for hugill, only time will tell.

What we do know is that sarge will be out for 'months and a further player to fill that void seems sensible, hence cannon is one of many options being looked at.

Looks like transfer day finale may actually lead to a signing this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Looks like the initial excitement was to soften the blow in signing Lowe! Wow what a disappointment if we get Lowe when linked to Cannon!😉

The initial excitement was confined to those all too willing to leap on any rumour, as if there was any truth in it. The very idea that an agent might feed the usual dodgy media never occurs to them, no matter how many times this is the case. And now the club is to blame.

3 minutes ago, ZLF said:

As for the value we paid 10m for a completely unknown sara who needed 6m to adjust.  7m may be as much ott as 5m for hugill, only time will tell.

Where was that stated ?

Hugill was £2 rising to £5m dependent upon appearances, goals etc

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

The initial excitement was confined to those all too willing to leap on any rumour, as if there was any truth in it. The very idea that an agent might feed the usual dodgy media never occurs to them, no matter how many times this is the case. And now the club is to blame.

What are you banging on about! Club is to blame? No such thing has been said!

As for agent, really who knows you’re making an assumption, sky reported us making a bid and the club hadn’t denied it! If we’re out bid so be it, we know we don’t have unlimited funds, but as I said it’s certainly a big blow from Cannon to Lowe who was linked to the mighty Hibs!

2 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Where was that stated ?

Hugill was £2 rising to £5m dependent upon appearances, goals etc

Where do you get that from, reports we’re £5 million with add ons, but again it was undisclosed so none of us really know just what’s been reported in the past!

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

What are you banging on about! Club is to blame? No such thing has been said!

As for agent, really who knows you’re making an assumption, sky reported us making a bid and the club hadn’t denied it! If we’re out bid so be it, we know we don’t have unlimited funds, but as I said it’s certainly a big blow from Cannon to Lowe who was linked to the mighty Hibs!

" banging on about! "

I shouldn't, and won't after this as it is clear you are not worth my time. Just because the club does not deny something, that does not mean it has happened. That should be obvious. If I claimed you rode an elephant to Carrow Road, and you could not be bothered to deny it, does it mean you do ?

No evidence of your claim of £10m for Sara either, however I will leave you with this.

"Hugill signed from West Ham United in the summer of 2020 for a fee of £2.6million that could rise to £5million."

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23242470.norwich-city-transfer-rumours-reading-bid-jordan-hugill/

Goodbye

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

" banging on about! "

I shouldn't, and won't after this as it is clear you are not worth my time. Just because the club does not deny something, that does not mean it has happened. That should be obvious. If I claimed you rode an elephant to Carrow Road, and you could not be bothered to deny it, does it mean you do ?

No evidence of your claim of £10m for Sara either, however I will leave you with this.

"Hugill signed from West Ham United in the summer of 2020 for a fee of £2.6million that could rise to £5million."

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23242470.norwich-city-transfer-rumours-reading-bid-jordan-hugill/

Goodbye

So 2 million was bull****e! And for your info billy big boots I’ve never said Sara was 10 million, you’re getting your knickers in a twist!

Get your posters correct dimwit!

Now move along!

Edited by Indy

56 minutes ago, Indy said:

I can assure you lots do! But hey it’s up to the government to say and that’s what’s been used, yet officially it’s it’s still Czech Republic.

Anyhow whether I and other I know want it or not it was a bit of tongue in cheek to Purple!

And technically he should still say Czech striker as Czechia is the country not the native….

Does he play for the national side? If he does, Czechia striker works, in the same way you can call Harry Kane an England forward.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Indy said:

Czech Republic if you don’t mind! Some of us hate the Czechia name!😉

Oops! I will call it the Kingdom of Bohemia if you like...😍

Agree it will feel a bit of an anti climax if we end up with Lowe and not Cannon, especially as Bournemouth appear desperate to get rid of him and won't even let him train with the first team.

But he might turn out brilliant!

19 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Scandalous !

PS I thought the Czech government had decided Czechia is acceptable as the short form for "the Czech Republic" ?

30 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes that’ll do for me Purple, Southern Bohemia is my ancestry, a few generations back now but Krumlov & Budejovice is my great grandads towns, born in Krumlov, lived in Budejovice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Looks like the initial excitement will to soften the blow in signing Lowe! Wow what a disappointment if we get Lowe when linked to Cannon!😉

or neither...could be that Sheff. Wed are in advanced negotiations with Lowe but who knows..and if Leicester  and Soton are in for Cannon..i still think we could draw a blank .

Just now, Essjayess said:

or neither...could be that Sheff. Wed are in advanced negotiations with Lowe but who knows..and if Leicester  and Soton are in for Cannon..i still think we could draw a blank .

They'll have a long list of players they're interested in knowing this situation will no doubt arise.

4 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Yes it’s the hope that kills! Still that’s football, if we miss out we move on, but at which point do we say well we’ve got a good young set of strikers, this lad from Man City too! They might be a better option off the bench than panic buying.

I’m sure Webber & Wagner are on top of the game!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

They'll have a long list of players they're interested in knowing this situation will no doubt arise.

You'd like to think we have as well, especially now Josh is crocked.

Can't help thinking if we don't get someone in we will have gone backwards relative to others in the league.

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Does he play for the national side? If he does, Czechia striker works, in the same way you can call Harry Kane an England forward.

I actually play chess online with a guy from Prague....He's my Czech mate.....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Yes it’s the hope that kills! Still that’s football, if we miss out we move on, but at which point do we say well we’ve got a good young set of strikers, this lad from Man City too! They might be a better option off the bench than panic buying.

I’m sure Webber & Wagner are on top of the game!

Indeed Indy, but we are talking a  striker...when really its a raplacement for Sarge...who is way more than just a striker. We are not in a position  so far this season to just need  find a guy who will just bang goals in...which are coming from all over the place..we are not hunting a Teemu replacement. Makes us realise that  honestly,  Josh offers so much  that if and whoever we bring in..its just more a case of either Barnes or Idah getting injured weve another guy there.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Well I'm one of those not making a judgement on his goals highlights. I've not watched them.

No one knows how much he's worth. Same with every signing. We've spunked a shedful of money on duds and got some real gems for peanuts. That's football. At £7m he may or may not be a good 'un.

All I know is I'm impressed that for once we're trying pro-actively to plug a gap. We can only trust the club on this and I hope it happens.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

So you think we shouldn’t proceed, because you’re not convinced and have only watch a highlights reel? 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Agree it will feel a bit of an anti climax if we end up with Lowe and not Cannon, especially as Bournemouth appear desperate to get rid of him and won't even let him train with the first team.

But he might turn out brilliant!

Well wagner has sorted out olacheta it seems so maybe can turn Lowe into a goalscorer again 🤓

15 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Leicester have made an offer according to twitter, sorry X! If that is the case we can forget it- we can’t match them financially in any auction 

Not just that. We were asking for a loan deal and Everton probably wanted the money from a permanent signing.

18 hours ago, Kingston Yellow said:

So you think we shouldn’t proceed, because you’re not convinced and have only watch a highlights reel? 

No, I'm saying I wouldn't know either way because I've not seen enough of the player.

My guess is neither have you or most on this thread claiming we definitely should get him.