Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

**Official Lappinitup Match Thread Bristol City v Norwich**

image.png.2e4568f088b961029807e173af31ff56.png  V  image.png.eb3911db5d2a5a849efc7ac2855ce750.png

F4objNLXwAcoBSt?format=jpg&name=small

League Cup 2nd Round - Prime Norwich terrority and a trip to the city of Bristol.

Bristol has a fine tradition of doing things their ways so here is some boring trivia. Ribena was invented here as were chocolate easter eggs. Blackbeard the pirate lived here. They have their own currency, the Bristol Pound. Concorde was designed and bulit there. It was named the UK’s first cycling city. The HMV dog, Nipper was from Bristol and the Wallace and Gromit animation studio is here!

News
  Pay at the gate available from 5pm at the South Stand,adjacent to the Atyeo Statue. Card payment only
  Sargent injured with an ankle issue, but Idah would have been starting anyway

Stadium Away Day Website - I never know how up to date it is though.
https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/ashton-gate-bristol-city.html

Match Preview
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/bristol-city/league-cup/preview/preview-bristol-city-vs-norwich-prediction-team-news-lineups_522374.html

Bristols Match Thread - I fine them to do a decent match thread, athough I did catch one that was like a football tatical bible at that time
https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/221793-norwich-city-at-home-carabao-cup-match-thread/

No Pups yet - It starts tomorrow

UPDATE - Someones bumped the previous Pup thread . Bets are on for tonight! Fingers crossed for some winnings for the CSF.

Other Cup Games of Interest
  Fulham v Tottenham
  Newport v Brentford
  Portsmouth v Peterborough
  Reading v Binners

OTBC!

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's so desperate to make a match thread before me he's almost posted one on the wrong day

So you don't feel the need to not start a thread to let others have a go? It's like you have to be involved.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

So you don't feel the need to not start a thread to let others have a go? It's like you have to be involved.

He’d start a thread about what Zoe had for breakfast if he knew lol 

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He’d start a thread about what Zoe had for breakfast if he knew lol 

Weetabix, cut in half with two teaspoons of sugar, one spoon of strawberry jam and around a quater of a pint of milk.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Weetabix, cut in half with two teaspoons of sugar, one spoon of strawberry jam and around a quater of a pint of milk.

You are Stuart Webber and I'd like my portable crampons back, please. 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah just seen that. Not a good omen. Let's hope he's just being rested rather than sold or injured.

Gibson missing too. I imagine being rested.. Unless they're both on a trip to Leeds

Why have Sara, Idah or Duffy anywhere near the squad?

We'll be kicking ourselves if any of them gets injured in a competition that we have zero chance of winning.

Just play the darn kids!

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

We'll be kicking ourselves if any of them gets injured in a competition that we have zero chance of winning.

Just play the darn kids!

We like to give the cup a semi-go. Doesn't do the kids or players needing minutes if they don't have support from some first teamers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Just play the darn kids!

Gives more time for idah and Sara to get onto the same wavelength perhaps?

10 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

The McLean whittling on social media is highly amusing.

After years of everyone telling me he's not good enough to play in a championship winning team, the same people are crying at the prospect of selling him. 

You couldn't make it up.

But only because you don't need to!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Just play the darn kids!

Players can literally get injured any game. It’s no more likely in a cup game, especially this cup where you’re not fronting up against some overly keen minnow with players trying too hard to win a big hard tackle. Tbh the FA cup is far more of a hazard in that respect 

9 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Players can literally get injured any game. It’s no more likely in a cup game, especially this cup where you’re not fronting up against some overly keen minnow with players trying too hard to win a big hard tackle. Tbh the FA cup is far more of a hazard in that respect 

You can't get injured in a game you're not selected for though can you.

If you limp off in a league game then fair enough but this fixture is unnecessary.

Let the fringe and yoof show what they can do.

Then again ... I trust in Wagner so if he thinks it benefits things then so be it. Good to top up fitness I guess (and confidence for Adam - hopefully!).

Edited by Cantiaci Canary