Greavsy

Brandon Williams to 1p5wich

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think when we have these crap Premier League seasons you can stand out just by looking like you care, rather than actually playing all that well, that felt the case with him.

But caring and putting the shift in is a quality that should be celebrated.  You can't expect a 20 year old with limited game time to walk in and be some kind of tactical genius and playing immaculate football both attack and defence in a broken team.

He came third in POTS that year, with no sign of Max Aarons who everyone says is a quality operator.  So he fooled a lot of people with his 'care', clearly.

One out of their depth, cantankerous little nuisance who thought much more of themselves than what was merited......

......Have signed Brandon Williams!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

But caring and putting the shift in is a quality that should be celebrated.  You can't expect a 20 year old with limited game time to walk in and be some kind of tactical genius and playing immaculate football both attack and defence in a broken team.

He came third in POTS that year, with no sign of Max Aarons who everyone says is a quality operator.  So he fooled a lot of people with his 'care', clearly.

Lee Croft won POTS, it doesn't mean you're a great player. The Aarons comparison also doesn't exactly help him- a Premier League team were willing to spend £12m on Aarons, while the best suitor Williams has found were in League One last season.

Caring and putting in a shift is fine but it doesn't cover a lack of talent. I'd expect Williams to have a solid career in the lower reaches of the Championship. But we can do better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

The Aarons comparison also doesn't exactly help him- a Premier League team were willing to spend £12m on Aarons, while the best suitor Williams has found were in League One last season.

Best suitor he has is top of the league currently, but appreciate the bias you're trying to apply.

Worrying . If he is on 60k at Man Utd , even if the Binners are paying half it shows that they are chucking money at it 

He is plenty good enough for the Chumps from what we saw. Never convinced by inverted full backs but he may have switched by now. 

On the other hand . Fück em. 

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Man Utd connection between McKenna and Williams which possibly influenced the move to the Scum.

14 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Best suitor he has is top of the league currently, but appreciate the bias you're trying to apply.

The key word here is....... currently......

I thought he played well at City, but would I swap him for Stacey or Giannoulis? Absolutely not!

13 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Worrying . If he is on 60k at Man Utd , even if the Binners are paying half it shows that they are chucking money at it 

He is plenty good enough for the Chumps from what we saw. Never convinced by inverted full backs but he may have switched by now. 

On the other hand . Fück em. 

You'd have thought there might be an element of mates rates in the deal.

It feels a bit like McKenna asking who can you loan me, Utd saying WIlliams, McKenna saying oh OK then.

Williams is perfectly adequate for Chumps level, but it feels a bit square peg in round hole, a signing they didn't really need.

He's only 5' 7". I didn't realise that as I'd only seen him on-screen, but thought him quite decent when he played for City. Not short on effort though.

Short for a defender and height was a factor often mentioned when discussing Max's shortcomings in defence.

Us being an aerially strong outfit these days that lack of height could be a positive for us in these upcoming derby fixtures. There are other teams in the Championship who like to play with crosses to players who are good in the air. Hugill will be on the prowl for Rotherham no doubt.

I'm not sure whether this is a coup for the Binners or not. He won't come on the cheap considering his reported wages, and he could be one  to upset the apple-cart if he's not given regular exposure. He's another character from the world of football who has caused schoolboy waves on social media. 

United would expect him to play a lot even with the option to buy. He'll cost as well as I don't think Manchester United would be likely to do "mates rates," at least not unless they have their eyes on the manager for the future.

I'm happy with what we have. Gia is playing well in the new system and Stacey is a bit of a revelation so there would be no immediate need for this expensive addition.

One cause for concern to us into the rivalry though is that he was brought to Norwich in order to play Premier League football, did not disgrace himself and McKenna is familiar with the player.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of all the things to pop up on social media.. 🤢

F4TDUkVXcAEJjAy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Please tell me that’s not real. It’s hilarious if so. What a brilliant campaign… 

“can you hold the Town flag Brandon, and look menacing in your camo trousers…?!” 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Please tell me that’s not real. It’s hilarious if so. What a brilliant campaign… 

“can you hold the Town flag Brandon, and look menacing in your camo trousers…?!” 

I'm rather surprised they went and signed him given he's got no legs

I don't really understand why we're bothered. He was never a committed Norwich player, just picked up his wages. Decent enough, never outstanding, in a team which was clearly outclassed. Also surly and moody. He'll probably be an OK Championship player but if 1p5wich are paying a big proportion of his supposed wages there is much better value out there.

5 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I don't really understand why we're bothered. He was never a committed Norwich player, just picked up his wages. Decent enough, never outstanding, in a team which was clearly outclassed. Also surly and moody. He'll probably be an OK Championship player but if 1p5wich are paying a big proportion of his supposed wages there is much better value out there.

May I remind you?
CgAGVWJ4ygWAKTVQAADwWykB9xk687.jpg.webp

Looks like some chav from an ipswich council estate posing with a nicked flag on Face book.

He played 4 times for Man Utd and none in the season after playing for us. That it is this late in the transfer window that he has joined the binners suggests he was not a first choice, nor was there a queue of other clubs (none in fact) wanting to take him on loan either. And checking when his contract expires (Jun 2024,) I find

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brandon-williams/profil/spieler/507700           🤣

Look at his shirt

Edited by RobJames

10 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Looks like some chav from an ipswich council estate posing with a nicked flag on Face book.

He played 4 times for Man Utd and none in the season after playing for us. That it is this late in the transfer window that he has joined the binners suggests he was not a first choice, nor was there a queue of other clubs (none in fact) wanting to take him on loan either. And checking when his contract expires (Jun 2024,) I find

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brandon-williams/profil/spieler/507700           🤣

Combine his lack of game time with the following.. Fair to say he's rather rusty

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brandon-williams/verletzungen/spieler/507700

He's okay, but nothing more than that. Championship is about his level, hence no PL loan. Good signing for a newly promoted League One team to be fair to them, but not good enough for us.

On 23/08/2023 at 07:55, BroadstairsR said:

Even the binners don't understand it.

Most seem to think that they are being funded by a multi-million pension fund which has fallen in love with their club (as everybody does of course) and that they are therefore set for Premier League inevitability and eventual European success.

The in-between for this deal was a so-called gang of three (chancers) who somehow persuaded the fund to invest their money. These came up with such Americanised slogans as "Towards  adversity" which binland was infatuated by.

So far and to my observation it is difficult to assess whether the fund managers are excited by investment in infrastructure and 'real estate' or in the football team its self. The fund managers would be interested in the former but have clearly been hoodwinked if they expect returns from a small club like iTFC achieving profit from the field of play. It's a very long shot is the best I can say.

So far they have invested wisely in the playing side of the programme and things are looking interested there. Getting out of L.1 being a priority. They have also "tarted up" the ground and it's environs after the neglect during the time of Marcus Evans. They talk of hotels and shopping malls/gyms or similar.

If you discard the possibility of profit from success on the field of play, which is unrealistic, then this reeks of being a similar project as that on Dion Dublin's 'house' programme of buying a wreck cheaply and doing it up to sell at a profit.

If you include that (money from football?) then the penny will eventually drop as their fund is gradually denuded of millions with scant return. If they genuinely are convinced that there is actually profit from ITFC either in the Premier League or even beyond (binner talk) then they have been badly advised.

To me, it seems that their ambitions could well be for the club to reach the Premier League and then sell. It is an investment project, not an expression of vanity.

The club is therefore vulnerable to the whims of invisible men in Arizona.

When you say Small club , I wonder how you would then describe Norwich who achieve smaller crowds both home and away from home and have had far less success than Ipswich in their respective histories ? 

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

He's only 5' 7". I didn't realise that as I'd only seen him on-screen, but thought him quite decent when he played for City. Not short on effort though.

Short for a defender and height was a factor often mentioned when discussing Max's shortcomings in defence.

Us being an aerially strong outfit these days that lack of height could be a positive for us in these upcoming derby fixtures. There are other teams in the Championship who like to play with crosses to players who are good in the air. Hugill will be on the prowl for Rotherham no doubt.

I'm not sure whether this is a coup for the Binners or not. He won't come on the cheap considering his reported wages, and he could be one  to upset the apple-cart if he's not given regular exposure. He's another character from the world of football who has caused schoolboy waves on social media. 

United would expect him to play a lot even with the option to buy. He'll cost as well as I don't think Manchester United would be likely to do "mates rates," at least not unless they have their eyes on the manager for the future.

I'm happy with what we have. Gia is playing well in the new system and Stacey is a bit of a revelation so there would be no immediate need for this expensive addition.

One cause for concern to us into the rivalry though is that he was brought to Norwich in order to play Premier League football, did not disgrace himself and McKenna is familiar with the player.

We have signed him as a back up defender so as a squad player will be a great addition 

5 minutes ago, clblue said:

We have signed him as a back up defender so as a squad player will be a great addition 

Cool, go post about it on twtd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, clblue said:

When you say Small club , I wonder how you would then describe Norwich who achieve smaller crowds both home and away from home and have had far less success than Ipswich in their respective histories ? 

Here we go. What year is it? Fk me. It’s like saying Preston North End are still a big club because they won a league back when footballers sucked on cigarettes at half time to give themselves “power”. And why are you loitering on a Norwich forum AGAIN?! 

image.gif.1f268caf664a0e6766699bdc1ef602d1.gif

23 minutes ago, clblue said:

I wonder how you would then describe Norwich who achieve smaller crowds both home and away from home and have had far less success than Ipswich in their respective histories ? 

Haha, for the past 2 decades you've had 2 sell outs, not one season completed with higher average attendance than us, and you've had zero seasons in the prem league.

Only time we've ever dipped below 24k is with Covid, and look at your sorry lot who can't be arsed to turn up unless they're winning.

image.thumb.png.b8f907eb4d23d02fd739474fcefcda78.png

All this talk on who's bigger and who's smaller, it's the results that matter.

Talking of which -  When's the last time you scummy lot beat us?   :classic_cool:

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Here we go. What year is it? Fk me. It’s like saying Preston North End are still a big club because they won a league back when footballers sucked on cigarettes at half time to give themselves “power”. And why are you loitering on a Norwich forum AGAIN?! 

image.gif.1f268caf664a0e6766699bdc1ef602d1.gif

almost 5 years in league one and they still think they're a massive club. In the grand scheme of football they're about as relevent as Portsmouth but the way they talk you would think they are Man United

I wonder if young Leicester fans 70 years from now if their club was in league one would go on about how "huge and massive we are" as their dad told them they won trophies when he was a baby?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, clblue said:

Another one.

Where were this lot when the club was floundering in League One?

We do not achieve smaller crowds, our ground has a slightly lower capacity. It is usually sold out. That's another story, but at least we didn't bankrupt ourselves and then cheated on local businesses and a charity in the process of building four antiquated looking sheds that have remained half full for the best part of twenty years. Furthermore, our season ticket sales consistently remain higher than your club's and even need to be capped. There has been a waiting list for years. Norwich has far more potential support, a more populated catchment area and support that comes from wider East Anglia than little Ipswich.

We have noticed how small (miniscule) your gates were when the club was going through all those years of stagnation under the  ownership of Evans. They dipped even further whilst failing in League I. for three seasons and only built up with the aid of concessions and newfound success.

Surprise, surprise and so true of Binner talk that you couldn't fail to bring up that so-called "history" of yours, which amounts to what? Three trophies constituting just two over forty years ago and one in the age of black and white television.

Never in the history of sporting conflict has so much been made of so little when the Binners get their grandads to remind them of their brief period in the sunshine.

That they need to make so much of so little is just a manifestation of small town, small club syndrome. You even have a mass hysteria if your club gets a mention on Pointless or Tipping Point.

When this current bubble of yours bursts, as it surely will, then no doubt you won't come near our forum.

Best you buzz off now though. You embarrass yourself. 

Edited by BroadstairsR