Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

Talk Norwich City interview with Zoe Webber

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Has Jack been bodybuilding or just tucking in well? 

If bodybuilding means regular trips to McDonald’s then yes 

as others have stated, it’s personal opinion and these two lads try their best to pander to a certain audience but the vast majority of the fan base can see right through them 

I don’t ‘hate them’ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

as others have stated, it’s personal opinion and these two lads try their best to pander to a certain audience but the vast majority of the fan base can see right through them 

I don’t ‘hate them’ 

I don’t hate them either and good luck to them, they obviously have an audience. Personally I find their style safe, sanitised and very boring. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I don’t hate them either and good luck to them, they obviously have an audience. Personally I find their style safe, sanitised and very boring. 

Absolutely - agreed 

24 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I don’t ‘hate them’ 

FAT SHAME FAT SHAME FAT SHAME

THEIR CONTENT IS **** THEIR CONTENT IS **** THEIR CONTENT IS ****

...but I don't hate them.

**** off you don't. 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I thought Nephew Tom had taken the credit for the bond .

A smokescreen to deflect from his true legacy of the Galway Roast sponsorship debacle. 

• Haha 1

So in a podcast entitled “on the future of our club” there is no news at all on a potential takeover by MA? 

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

So in a podcast entitled “on the future of our club” there is no news at all on a potential takeover by MA? 

No new news but was some old news. That is if old news is still news and not olds. 

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

A smokescreen to deflect from his true legacy of the Galway Roast sponsorship debacle. 

Galway Roast still on sale in my local lidl at €4.99  a pack.  

Surrey girl whose dad supports Arsenal yet she supports Liverpool.

A great background for dividing the support at a Community Club into the 'products' of season tickets and away memberships.

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Surrey girl whose dad supports Arsenal yet she supports Liverpool.

A great background for dividing the support at a Community Club into the 'products' of season tickets and away memberships.

Very poor effort Ethics, more of an imaginary twig than an actual stick.

You must try harder.... or you could stop making a fool of yourself and cease altogether.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Very poor effort Ethics, more of an imaginary twig than an actual stick.

You must try harder.... or you could stop making a fool of yourself and cease altogether.  

I guess the cloak caused a little too much obstruction.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Galway Roast still on sale in my local lidl at €4.99  a pack.  

Is your housekeeper stocking up, Corkio ? 

38 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Is your housekeeper stocking up, Corkio ? 

I must confess that my Coffee tastes are a little exclusive, personally,  I prefer  a Malay Civet processed offering , a little on the pricey side but..... I'm worth it.  

My Staff drink Hedge Tea. 

Must admit  I've been tempted to try it ( the G Roast) just to see how people who are struggling financially , like  Ethics ,  attempt to replace decent flavours in their lives,on a budget. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

**** off you don't. 

If you’re going to insult someone at least get it right… 

-30 points for you 

I’d tune in for the full hour if Jack (alone) invites Shakey back for an exclusive. ‘Let’s talk donuts’ would be a far more interesting listen. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 2

Read the headlines -The future of Norwich City with Zoe Webber - and thought I would prefer the future without the Webbers just hard nosed businessmen.

Was the careers adviser who recommended being a Teacher right? Probably more reliable for arranging the Summer holidays. Then again probably less than 10 per cent earnings relative to the current career and how do the Mental Health stresses compare?

Nice to hear her speak publicly. No doubt will be ridiculed either way by our fanbase. The usual knocking of the TNC boys, which if you dont like them, dont listen.

11 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Because all questions are pre approved softballs. By their own admission they aren’t journalists in this context they’re a fan channel. The mistake is in others thinking they are and the club using it as evidence they are open to scrutiny…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Nice to hear her speak publicly. No doubt will be ridiculed either way by our fanbase. The usual knocking of the TNC boys, which if you dont like them, dont listen.

The interviewers do a good job. It is just the interviewee with a compulsive need for 'like' and 'you know'.

4 hours ago, WD40 said:

By their own admission they aren’t journalists in this context they’re a fan channel. The mistake is in others thinking they are and the club using it as evidence they are open to scrutiny…

This is absolutely right.If you're expecting a hard-hitting, adversarial interview you are going to be disappointed

Having said that, I think it's still worth a watch/listen. They do ask some reasonably difficult questions (about regretting the sacking of DF and/or the appointment of DS; the issue of a married couple running the club, a perceived autocratic style, etc). And in some cases, a friendly atmosphere can get the interviewee to open up and say things they might otherwise not. (Not sure to what extent this happens here.)

There's also some interesting stuff (to me anyway) about the make-up of the board, the nature of the sporting director role and the challenges of stadium development, that made the piece worth listening to. Overall I felt Jack and Chris did a decent job, it's certainly a cut-above the 100% in-house puff pieces that the club sometimes put out and I'm not sure there's anyone currently at the EDP who would have done a better job.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
clarity

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

the nature of the sporting director

Just a little more on this. ZW said that NCFC was one of only three or four clubs in English football with a 'proper' Sporting Director role, which made it very attractive, apparently, to potential applicants.

It seemed that what she meant by this was that the SD had a lot of power (hiring and firing the coach, ultimate power over recruitment, etc).

To me, this was where a real journalist would have asked the follow-up question: is that a good thing? Why do so few clubs do it? It's been noted a lot on here that the loss of Kieran Scott seemed to affect our recruitment - was that also a result of Webber's job being spread too thinly. A missed opportunity from the TNC boys.

• Like 1