Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Tigers*

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I was in the River End and I don't think so.

Was the handball shout in front of the Barclay at the start of the second half a penalty!?

Ah! It was a definite handball from what I could see, but always feels harsh to give a handball that close. Of course I demanded it from the ref, but felt like it would have been harsh - although plenty of them have been given!

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Ah! It was a definite handball from what I could see, but always feels harsh to give a handball that close. Of course I demanded it from the ref, but felt like it would have been harsh - although plenty of them have been given!

At least we were spared 10 minutes of VAR with that and Idah's goal.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

At least we were spared 10 minutes of VAR with that and Idah's goal.

Speaking of, if that goal WAS in the PL. I'm convinced var would have found it offside somehow. 

28 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I was in the River End and I don't think so.

Was the handball shout in front of the Barclay at the start of the second half a penalty!?

I take back my previous post. It was actually handball TWICE

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Fair enough then. I thought it must've been a good shout judging by the reaction of both the crowd and the players, but I'm not a fan of penalties being given for handball when the ball is struck from close range.

13 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Speaking of, if that goal WAS in the PL. I'm convinced var would have found it offside somehow. 

It bounced off of a Hull defender first right? So should count even if VAR checked

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Fair enough then. I thought it must've been a good shout judging by the reaction of both the crowd and the players, but I'm not a fan of penalties being given for handball when the ball is struck from close range.

I'd agree if he'd not had his hand up in the air like he was waving at his gran in row Z 

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

It bounced off of a Hull defender first right? So should count even if VAR checked

Hence the "somehow"

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Unless I'm being blind, there was no touch by a Norwich player between Nuñez's cross and Idah's finish. Idah didn't appear to be offside from the cross, so what were Hull asking for?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Unless I'm being blind, there was no touch by a Norwich player between Nuñez's cross and Idah's finish. Idah didn't appear to be offside from the cross, so what were Hull asking for?

I think they thought it wasn't a corner in the first place then thought the whistle should have been blown on 95 minutes on the dot.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think they thought it wasn't a corner in the first place then thought the whistle should have been blown on 95 minutes on the dot.

I've just looked on the Hull Facebook page.

There seems to be a few of them saying it was never a corner (no idea, to be honest) and it was clearly offside (doesn't look it from the two angles I've seen, but admittedly they're not good angles).

Most seem to admit that they were deservedly beaten though (agreed) and that Delap was their best player (also agreed, he had Gibson on toast).

29 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

If we had VAR the penalty would of been given and Idah's still allowed.

Hull lucky to get away with only losing 2:1 

Well done city.

Edited by Yellow Fever

29 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Neither am I but some are given and this is something that VAR cannot cope with. Its about opinion, either ref, assistant or VAR.

They should either all be given or none.

23 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Screenshot_20230805_181013_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1dacf2ab3708e6576c5a855dd7953e12.jpg

Tbh you can’t tell from that angle, as a Norwich fan I am certain it was still in play, little like mitoma’s pull at the World Cup.  

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dare I mention Mumba scoring a world class wondergoal and getting POTM for Plymouth?

I don’t care about Mumba, he plays for Plymouth (who I don’t care about) x

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Screenshot_20230805_181013_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1dacf2ab3708e6576c5a855dd7953e12.jpg

It looks out, but you play to the whistle and hope luck falls your way. Today it did. For once. On balance of the game as a whole, Hull can’t say they were robbed. 

• Like 1

Rowe was excellent, but the cut back which won the corner was a fantastic example of the intent and drive Stacey brought today.

• Like 1

Rowe was good for 45 mins, faded shortly after. I definitely think he starts over Onel from now on. Sara was my MOTM dictated the game when he was on

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I take back my previous post. It was actually handball TWICE

My only thought was that the ref was blind to the handball with at least two bodies in the way and the goal for the linesman.   Def handball, just not seen

Sara def my motm today, but rowe was everywhere and a threat only dropping off when onel was subbed off and rowe went left.  Stacey impressed and thought dimi & duffy were solid, although I didn't realise that duffy also had hanleys 50p shaped head when in the opponents box.

Plenty to be pleased about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Marvellous how he could see Idah was offside from the halfway line.

Yeah I was impressed. 

He got it wrong this time but sky's the limit.

Plenty of chances created but 5 on target tells a story, I thought Rowe, Sara and Stacey excellent but unless Omobamidele is being sold he needs to start in place of Gibson. The substitutions almost killed the intent to push for a winner and if it wasn't for Stacey's persistence the fans would have left a little disappointed.  

We should have won this comfortably but for poor finishing. Sara was outstanding, I will be very relieved when the transfer window closes.

Fantastic day out at Carrow Rd today and a celebration not seen since the Farke days.

Still it looks as though some have something to moan about, e.g Mumba who isn't as good as Rowe.

Special mention to Jon Rowe who has worked his nuts off to get back. Watch and note Tzolis.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

A very unusually balanced report on the game from an opposing team's local sports reporter (apologies if this has been previously linked) https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-norwich-keith-stroud-8656543

Agree that this is a well balanced report about the team that lost. Don't see it that often.

22 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Up Cork!!

Aye Boi  !!!

Place is mobbed with  tourists Paddyo,  cant move for  them. Unless you know quiet places where the Bass live😉