dylanisabaddog

Time added and the stadium clock

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think I just heard on 5Live that stadium clocks will continue to run into added time this season. 

Correct me if I'm wrong 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

C'mon Dylan, you know CC is better than that, and would have started a thread for such news! 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

C'mon Dylan, you know CC is better than that, and would have started a thread for such news! 

Sorry, I didn't read that....   

• Like 1

The clock should be stopped every time there is a break in play. No added time. Maybe each half should go down to 40 minutes to allow for this?

This simple move would stop all the time-wasting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Can’t wait until a goal gets awarded tomorrow on 96 minutes when a minimum of 4 are signalled 

corrected that for you. 

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

The clock should be stopped every time there is a break in play. No added time. Maybe each half should go down to 40 minutes to allow for this?

This simple move would stop all the time-wasting.

Quite right.

And book every player who picks the ball up after conceding a throw in or free kick or deliberately standing over a free kick, and give a free kick for handball if it’s done instead of a throw in.

• Like 1

They've also banned using towels or shirts to dry the ball before throw-ins.

In tonight's Wednesday/Southampton game, one player used the fluffy pitch-side microphone to dry the ball!

I just imagine there’s a conference room at the FA, the sign on the door says “job creation department”. Inside 3 men are Throwing balled up paper into a waste bin.

”Right guys, the time has come. Time for our 5 minutes of work for this year. What new b@&£hit rules shall we bring in this year?”

”How about we make them use the same tyres for the whole race?”

”No Jenkins, that’s the other guys. Serious ideas guys, come on, we can’t have them find out we are stealing a living here!”

”….”

”… Clocks?”

”Brilliant! I LOVE IT!”

10 hours ago, 2clubbanker said:

The last game to finish every week will be QPR well as long as answorth is the boss . 

You seem a tad obsessive about QPR 

Apparently they're connecting the stadium clock to the Norwich Station clock so even if time's added on to the game....those travellin' by choo choo won't miss it....All hail the community club!.....

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Can’t wait until a goal gets awarded tomorrow on 96 minutes when 4 are signalled 

Did I almost kind of predict this?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not at all, there was 5 awarded and it went in literally on the 5

I’m saying I’m close enough and proven right yet again.

Edited by The Real Buh

The clock kept running. The guy behind me noticed. A good thing as far as I'm concerned. Although  they've put the clock/score in a weird font I'm not keen on! 

If thats the thing I'm most annoyed about then today was a good day.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Can’t wait until a goal gets awarded tomorrow on 96 minutes when 4 are signalled 

I should but a lottery ticket if I was you.....

23 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Don't take this personally, but I actually hate you for getting this.... this.... rrii..... this.. riii.... riiiggh.... *Logs off instead*

Both of our goals today were scored just after the indicated amount of stoppage time was up. 

However, in the first half, Seri was down injured for about 30 seconds in stoppage time after blocking a shot with his boIIocks so there was rightly more time added.

Then, in the second, Ingram was booked for time wasting so a little bit extra was justified again. 

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Don't take this personally, but I actually hate you for getting this.... this.... rrii..... this.. riii.... riiiggh.... *Logs off instead*

So yet again buh was right :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Did I almost kind of predict this?

Lottery numbers please.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Both of our goals today were scored just after the indicated amount of stoppage time was up. 

Glad we're fit enough to play beyond the final whistle. I'm not convinced we have been the last couple of years.