Fassnacht   Barnes    Hernandez

Sargent

Krul McCallum Omobomidele Sorenson Nunez Gibbs Rowe Placheta Idah

Onel as a super sub, Rowe as starter?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

Onel as a super sub, Rowe as starter?

I was going to say that - otherwise the team seems likely to be as put. Unless we suddenly sell and sign several players.  

I know it won’t happen but I would have Krul in goal & if he hasn’t left Aarons at left back (where he was in Euro u21s & def better than our other options). Would also have big Andy in.  As I say not going to happen

Gibson gives us better balance but omo gives us a little more pace in what would be slow pairing.

Start onel on the left but use rowe as a super sub.

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Omo for Gibson and Rowe for Hernandez if I were picking the team.

Exactly the same. Hernandez's brand of chaos is better against tiring defenders so I'd rather he be a super-sub.

• Like 1

I’d have Nunez for Onel and Andy O for Gibson. Then play Nunez with Kenny and push Sara into the advanced role on the left. 

it concerns me that we seem to be starting Gibson ahead of Andy O in pre season as it suggests to me we are looking to sell the latter.

Gunn needs to get to play out from the back better, I forget what manager it was last year who said Norwich get caught out more than any other team playing from the back. 

3 hours ago, Year of the tiger said:

I know it won’t happen but I would have Krul in goal & if he hasn’t left Aarons at left back (where he was in Euro u21s & def better than our other options). Would also have big Andy in.  As I say not going to happen

I would do too, but perhaps we are two alone.

It was rumoured that Gunn was a big money target recently, cannot recall the details. I feel that this happening would benefit the club more in as much as Krul has another season in the Championship in him, at least and because of the Reyes signing.

It seemed strange to me that we signed another young 'keeper with so many of our own very promising youngsters in the stable and Barden already having represented the first team with credit (before his illness admittedly,) until I read the rave revues for Reyes.** If these are anything to go by he was brought in to play first eleven sooner rather than later. Krul is more than suitable to fill that gap before Reyes is considered ready and big money for Angus could be very useful in the quest for survival beyond our current station.

"I recently came across a situation where I looked into a player, and everyone I spoke to said the same and he had a shocking reputation. Reyes, by contrast, has a glowing reputation amongst everyone he’s worked with, so he’s got that. On the ball he’s extremely solid. Norwich want to play possession-based, attacking football, so the goalkeeper needs to be fairly quick off the line, which he is. He needs to be able to catch the ball when a cross comes in to kill the attack and transfer the momentum over to Norwich. That’s really important, and not many keepers are able to do that, but Reyes is. He can see the pitch and distribute well, and he’s also 194cm tall, which is a fantastic height for a goalkeeper. He’s very tall, but he has the agility of a smaller goalkeeper. He’s got everything you want."

Jacub Szewczyk ... Polish National Team scout. Dynamo Chilean scout.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Totally not bothered by Krul leaving, thanks for the contribution but in my eyes he always makes poor decisions and has poor kicking ability. Move him on and make the Chilean no.2.

Would rather have Rowe start ahead of Onel and build up the formers fitness and sharpness. 

24 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Gunn needs to get to play out from the back better, I forget what manager it was last year who said Norwich get caught out more than any other team playing from the back. 

Don’t think it’s Gunns fault. It was the centre backs taking too long to play it out and the midfielders not showing for the ball 

• Like 1

I reckon that’s probably what it will be, although again I think I would have Rowe for Hernandez

7 hours ago, Year of the tiger said:

Yes I would go with Krul as well - much better keeper.  If you watch penalties Krul actually saves them unlike Gunn who relies on the opposition taker to miss. Obviously it's not just about penalties - Krul saves shots that you expect are certain goals. Gunn doesn't give me any confidence and besides Krul we have 2 or 3 keepers that are better than him.  

As for CB its Duffy and one other. We don't have anyone that's any good outside Duffy. Also McCullum is a very average player so just go with one of the others - Sorenson even. 

5 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Yes I would go with Krul as well - much better keeper.  If you watch penalties Krul actually saves them unlike Gunn who relies on the opposition taker to miss. Obviously it's not just about penalties - Krul saves shots that you expect are certain goals. Gunn doesn't give me any confidence and besides Krul we have 2 or 3 keepers that are better than him.  

As for CB its Duffy and one other. We don't have anyone that's any good outside Duffy. Also McCullum is a very average player so just go with one of the others - Sorenson even. 

I think (aside from penalties) it’s completely the opposite. Krul doesn’t save anything you don’t expect a keeper to save, particularly down low. Probably commands his box a bit better although Gunn has improved.

Gunn regularly makes saves that Krul would not. He’s by far the better shot stopper. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Six Pack said:

You obviously haven’t watched Krul very closely over the last couple of seasons have you? Too many errors and slow to get down to shots

Think Gunn was the top shot-stopper in the Champs last season, wasn't he?

16 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....any advance on?

Gunn

Stacey  Duffy  Gibson  Giannoulis

Sara      McLean

Fassnacht   Barnes    Hernandez

Sargent

Krul McCallum Omobomidele Sorenson Nunez Gibbs Rowe Placheta Idah

Fisher over mccallum as well possibly