Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The aliens are here..

Strange how we have gone in the space of about a year having had various US goverment officials (And even Obama) saying that there are things flying about in the sky and we don't know what they are to this. Wild times.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Do they have any CDMs/DCMs we can sign? 🤔😅

Apples

Edited by Mr Apples
  • Haha 4

Blink 182 said they existed years ago. Even wrote a song about it. I guess because they were blink 182 no one took them seriously.

Also. If anyone is stuck for Christmas present ideas...

To be serious for a moment. Imagine the level of sophistication a society would have to get to, to be able to travel at what was presumably greater than light speed, to our planet. Would they then abduct random hayseeds from farms in Alabama, or Suffolk, or wherever, anally probe them, and then put them back? 

If there are planets where they have mastered super-light speed inter-planetary travel, we are like ants to them.

Even if they do take an interest in us (maybe the speed of development of our society in the last couple of hundred years is atypical), they surely would either watch from afar ensuring they remain unseen, or tell us they’re here?

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

To be serious for a moment. Imagine the level of sophistication a society would have to get to, to be able to travel at what was presumably greater than light speed, to our planet. Would they then abduct random hayseeds from farms in Alabama, or Suffolk, or wherever, anally probe them, and then put them back? 

If there are planets where they have mastered super-light speed inter-planetary travel, we are like ants to them.

Even if they do take an interest in us (maybe the speed of development of our society in the last couple of hundred years is atypical), they surely would either watch from afar ensuring they remain unseen, or tell us they’re here?

Quite right!  I am extremely sceptical but at the same time this is a fascinating subject. 

There was a 2 hour documentary on National Geographic about 5 or 6 years ago in which scientists slowly but surely debunked every famous UFO story. The only one they couldn't explain was Roswell. 

Most well known sightings were in the early 50's in America. At the end of WW2 the Allies rounded up Nazi war criminals, most of whom were tried and hanged. But the scientists involved in the V1/V2 project were shipped back to America. Around 20 years later they put the Americans on the moon. 

Those people were up and running by 1950 and had an unlimited budget. It's not really surprising that Americans saw strange things in the sky, most of which were near air force bases. 

As for the guy in the video that Cambridge has shared, I don't find him a compelling witness. I definitely wouldn't buy a second hand car from him.

The American authorities are openly seeking evidence of UAP's but I suspect they are more concerned about Russia and China than aliens. 

Perhaps the most compelling evidence is that there are more than 6 billion smart phones in the world but to date no genuine photos or film of alien visitors. 

Nevertheless, a fascinating subject especially in the close season. I'm almost certain it's all nonsense but......... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Quite right!  I am extremely sceptical but at the same time this is a fascinating subject. 

There was a 2 hour documentary on National Geographic about 5 or 6 years ago in which scientists slowly but surely debunked every famous UFO story. The only one they couldn't explain was Roswell. 

Most well known sightings were in the early 50's in America. At the end of WW2 the Allies rounded up Nazi war criminals, most of whom were tried and hanged. But the scientists involved in the V1/V2 project were shipped back to America. Around 20 years later they put the Americans on the moon. 

Those people were up and running by 1950 and had an unlimited budget. It's not really surprising that Americans saw strange things in the sky, most of which were near air force bases. 

As for the guy in the video that Cambridge has shared, I don't find him a compelling witness. I definitely wouldn't buy a second hand car from him.

The American authorities are openly seeking evidence of UAP's but I suspect they are more concerned about Russia and China than aliens. 

Perhaps the most compelling evidence is that there are more than 6 billion smart phones in the world but to date no genuine photos or film of alien visitors. 

Nevertheless, a fascinating subject especially in the close season. I'm almost certain it's all nonsense but......... 

They couldn't explain Rosswell? Other than it being a crashed prototype secret US military balloon? And the reason the police, army and goverment were so heavily involved were due to them both being embarrassed it had crashed and wanting to cover it up but the fact this was during the cold War so they needed it to remain private?

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They couldn't explain Rosswell? Other than it being a crashed prototype secret US military balloon? And the reason the police, army and goverment were so heavily involved were due to them both being embarrassed it had crashed and wanting to cover it up but the fact this was during the cold War so they needed it to remain private?

https://www.britannica.com/event/Roswell-incident

They didn't believe in UFO's but they certainly didn't believe the nonsense about checking for Russian nuclear tests. If you want to test for Russian nuclear tests you don't fly a balloon over New Mexico. 

Not being able to explain Roswell doesn't mean they thought it involved aliens. It just meant they couldn't explain it, mainly because some very credible USAAF personnel who were witnesses said the balloon story was ridiculous. It almost certainly is. If the US military wanted to be taken seriously they would simply have said 'it was us but we're not telling you what it was'. Coming up with complete nonsense just fires the conspiracy theories. 

6 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yes - I'm a believer in the zoo theory if they are here at all. The universe is too big, too many planets for there not to be intelligent beings elsewhere - and if they are here, then they are much more technically advanced / mature than us.

All that said,  I rather suspect that there is only a period of say 200 years where we go from radio to fully understanding the cosmos (dark matter/energy, theory of everything etc) and join the club as they can't hide - so it must be a very rare and interesting period in which to study an emerging civilization. There is another possibility which is a hidden terrestrial civilization - even human - perhaps in the oceans or our local solar system. 

As to observed UFOs then 99.999% are clearly mis-observations of natural or indeed man-made objects. However there remains an ongoing handful as per the US report last year which said in summary - its real, and it's not us!  

What I don't believe is little green men, crashed saucers and the like. That's so 1950's human and very much a product of our limited imagination and popular culture. What would we of made of a child's toy drone even 20 years ago? I'm very sure any such visitor would be more than capable of recovering an errant vehicle from anywhere and would in any event would be more than likely what we would today call a non organic AI. Roswell is simply a secret experiment that crashed, covered up and story embellished since. UFO is a very good cover story in that region for sightings of secret (but earthly) projects. 

Edited by Yellow Fever

Maybe all will be revealed but I remain sceptical until some real evidence is presented.

7 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I always think with other life we always base it on us carbon based races and the knowledge that our brains can attain and understand. Its quite possible, in my imagination, that other life forms can be formed by things we cannot comprehend.

So to believe that that the technolgy for other life forms to reach this planet is sophisticated, may well be banal and simple to other life forms. We may seem like amoeba in comparison.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Maybe all will be revealed but I remain sceptical until some real evidence is presented.

I think we all have to be sceptical but I do believe that we wouldn't be told too much because of the panic and maybe destruction of some of the tenets and faiths that people hold. 

CAn you imagine if an alien appeared and said he was God or Allah?

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes - I'm a believer in the zoo theory if they are here at all. The universe is too big, too many planets for there not to be intelligent beings elsewhere - and if they are here, then they are much more technically advanced / mature than us.

All that said,  I rather suspect that there is only a period of say 200 years where we go from radio to fully understanding the cosmos (dark matter/energy, theory of everything etc) and join the club as they can't hide - so it must be a very rare and interesting period in which to study an emerging civilization. There is another possibility which is a hidden terrestrial civilization - even human - perhaps in the oceans or our local solar system. 

As to observed UFOs then 99.999% are clearly mis-observations of natural or indeed man-made objects. However there remains an ongoing handful as per the US report last year which said in summary - its real, and it's not us!  

What I don't believe is little green men, crashed saucers and the like. That's so 1950's human and very much a product of our limited imagination and popular culture. What would we of made of a child's toy drone even 20 years ago? I'm very sure any such visitor would be more than capable of recovering an errant vehicle from anywhere and would in any event would be more than likely what we would today call a non organic AI. Roswell is simply a secret experiment that crashed, covered up and story embellished since. UFO is a very good cover story in that region for sightings of secret (but earthly) projects. 

There's always the dark forest theory. That there are indeed many sentient lifeforms and planets full of life out there but somewhere out there is also a super advanced alien race that views any other sentient lifeforms as being a threat to them and so they seek out, kill and destroy any other races and planets and so the vast majority of alien life out there is hiding out of fear and paranoia.

Prehaps right now if this is the case but thankfuly we are not deemed a threat. Prehaps as we have not yet been able to spread ourselves and our race across the stars and to other planets is saving us from them. Until the day comes in which we do make too much of a noise and they start taking more notice of us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_forest_hypothesis

50 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think we all have to be sceptical but I do believe that we wouldn't be told too much because of the panic and maybe destruction of some of the tenets and faiths that people hold. 

No - but more like we've been watching for x thousand years and here's a potted history / video diary of your past. You've misidentified us as  'Gabriel/Vishnu etc' on several occasions when we've tried to nudge (video attached) .......  

15 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Blink 182 said they existed years ago. Even wrote a song about it. I guess because they were blink 182 no one took them seriously.

I'm sure a lot are thinking what I'm thinking!

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

I'm sure a lot are thinking what I'm thinking!

Yes, she is now about to descale the kettle.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes, she is now about to descale the kettle.

I've never heard it called that before 🤪

2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I've never heard it called that before 🤪

You learn something new every day.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

More likely to say you’re all idiots, your planet is being destroyed by the way you live.

I am an agnostic on the subject, and many of the claims of sightings etc  are presumably nonsense. The reports that have always given me food for thought are those from military personnel and air traffic controllers. People trained to recognise what they are looking at and who know they wil risk their careers by speaking out.

And what has been interesting over the last few years, and I think the reason why Congress has started to take an interest, is that more such personnel - USAF pilots, for example - seem to be willing to go public.

There is also a possibly apochryphal story that when Spielberg made Close Encounters he was invited by Reagan to show it privately at the White House. And towards the end of the film Reagan leaned over and said: "If the public knew how close to the truth this is."