2 hours ago, mrD66M said:

On a tangent, who has been the last out-and-out RW for City, as opposed to the various #8 / £9 / #10 that have been put there to "do a job" for the team?

Ruel Fox 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

He seems a more central player to me, watching him play and he said in the interview he likes to be 'vertical' - that suggests he's got eyes on playing through the middle - perhaps?!

Possible #10, not just a winger.

He is just referring to being in a standing position. I hope they play him centrally rather than on the wing, seems more effective there but I have little faith in Wagner playing people in their correct positions.

Edited by jaberry2

Just now, jaberry2 said:

He is just referring to being in a standing position 

Oh that's promising then, we'll at least have one player standing the correct way up next season. :classic_tongue:

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Oh that's promising then, we'll at least have one player standing the correct way up next season. :classic_tongue:

Yep the rest will be lying on the treatment table

• Haha 1

It's probably not allowed but bit by bit I'm starting to feel optimistic about next season. I know it's not like stags rutting but this always happens at this time of year and I just can’t help surrendering to this primaeval urge. I would seek help, but I can’t get an appointment before the January window and fear that may be too late. Any suggestions chaps?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

I would seek help, but I can’t get an appointment before the January window and fear that may be too late. Any suggestions chaps?

Just give it time, the outgoings at reduced value hasn't started yet.  :classic_sad:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Just give it time, the outgoings at reduced value hasn't started yet.  :classic_sad:

Not to mention the new loans from big-name clubs because if they come from big-name clubs, they must be good, innit? Just look how true this has been over the last two years.

12 hours ago, Google Bot said:

To Leeds

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Another high risk signing. 

Let's hope less Tzolis, and more Buendia. 

He is 22. Made as many starts (seven) in La Liga as Buendia, with many more appearences from the bench. And cost us nothing in transfer fees, as opposed to the roughly £6m we ended up paying for Buendia. Doesn't look terribly risky.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

He is just referring to being in a standing position. I hope they play him centrally rather than on the wing, seems more effective there but I have little faith in Wagner playing people in their correct positions.

It looks like he plays on the wing but gets in the box if the ball is on the opposite flank. Most of his goals were from central positions on the usual YT videos.

13 hours ago, crispeduk said:

It's probably not allowed but bit by bit I'm starting to feel optimistic about next season. I know it's not like stags rutting but this always happens at this time of year and I just can’t help surrendering to this primaeval urge. I would seek help, but I can’t get an appointment before the January window and fear that may be too late. Any suggestions chaps?

There's a youtube video called NCFC highlights 21/22 and 22/23. It's only 40 seconds long, so it's not a long watch. I suggest 8 minutes watching that on repeat and you'll soon get over any optimism.

• Haha 1

I'd be very surprised he plays centrally but it would be good to see a wide play get in the box and score goals like Rashford and Saka can.

Onel also prefers to play on the left so he can cut in. Hopefully Sainz has more quality though.

Hopefully Rowe has a very good preseason and get in the squad as he looks to have a bit of quality too.

He looks like a complete free hit to me, might be garbage, hopefully some type of previously unspotted genius.

Still haven’t got a clue what we think our starting line up or formation is going to be 

Don't forget that while we've signed every player on a free they would have asked for a nice signing on fee

On 01/07/2023 at 09:39, PurpleCanary said:

He is 22. Made as many starts (seven) in La Liga as Buendia, with many more appearences from the bench. And cost us nothing in transfer fees, as opposed to the roughly £6m we ended up paying for Buendia. Doesn't look terribly risky.

Agreed. But my point (although not clear) was that it's risky in terms of needing to bring in players that can hit the ground running, given the player churn we're hoping to complete with the squad. We can't afford to have players in key positions take time to settle. 

I guess on the same theme, I don't see Stacey, Duffy or Barnes as risky, even though they probably cost more overall. 

If Sainz is the only player being signed to tick the creativity box, it is risky. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

21 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Agreed. But my point (although not clear) was that it's risky in terms of needing to bring in players that can hit the ground running, given the player churn we're hoping to complete with the squad. We can't afford to have players in key positions take time to settle. 

I guess on the same theme, I don't see Stacey, Duffy or Barnes as risky, even though they probably cost more overall. 

If Sainz is the only player being signed to tick the creativity box, it is risky. 

A fair point, although the Turkish league is I believe hardly the place for faint-hearted players, and seemingly Sainz doesn't come to us with an injury...

On 02/07/2023 at 14:46, PurpleCanary said:

A fair point, although the Turkish league is I believe hardly the place for faint-hearted players, and seemingly Sainz doesn't come to us with an injury...

Talked that one up 🤦‍♂️😅

47 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Talked that one up 🤦‍♂️😅

Indeed. There should be a wagging finger emoticon for posters who tempt fate.

Heard before the game Stuart talking about him being out for a while. Didn't know if it was going to be made public.

A shame of course but time for him to adapt and train when he's able to of course.

5 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Talked that one up 🤦‍♂️😅

Not guilty.🤐 I said he seemingly hadn’t come to us with an injury, and that was true. According to Wagner to did his ankle at Colney yesterday.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not guilty.🤐 I said he seemingly hadn’t come to us with an injury, and that was true. According to Wagner to did his ankle at Colney yesterday.

That  old chestnut 🌰 👌 😍 😉🙃

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Dear me. So cynical…😜

Hard to resist PC , let's hope 🙏 it's the last one and when he does return , he turns into a real superstar for Norwich. 

11 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Pulling your leg mate.

Look, we don't need anyone pulling anything. Even in jest.

So just stop it. OK?

4 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Pulling your leg mate.

I knew that, but it is nevertheless a timely reminder that I should steer clear of posting about football and stick to pontificating endlessly about the takeover...🤩

• Haha 1