Sign in to follow this  
stratton canary

Yorkshire Post

Their local paper is saying Farke is believed to be on their list at "We all hate Leeds scum". Can't see that happening if I'm honest but who knows? 

Yeah this has been mentioned in the transfer rumours thread. I'm not happy.

Hopefully Daniel will feel he needs a bit of time away from football and certainly not the cauldron that is Leeds Utd.

He can get back to it when we next have a vacancy.

Why would any championship club not be interested in Farke 3 seasons in the championship 2 title wins playing football from the gods all on a limited budget.

Anyone got an insight on his season in Germany? All I see is the league table which suggests a boring mid table position.

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Why would any championship club not be interested in Farke 3 seasons in the championship 2 title wins playing football from the gods all on a limited budget.

Anyone got an insight on his season in Germany? All I see is the league table which suggests a boring mid table position.

Might have something to do with the catastrophic other seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah but worry about that later.

If Farke goes to Leeds and does well we can see what we ditched to keep Webber. I know which one should have gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ridgeman said:

If Farke goes to Leeds and does well we can see what we ditched to keep Webber. I know which one should have gone.

You. You should go.

• Like 1

I’d be interested to see how it went - I’ve though for a while that it was right time-right place with us, things just clicked and dropped nicely with Emi/Pukki/Todd….but we were always iffy at the back.

• Like 1

Would actually be interesting to see how it goes. I think he’d be a great fit as well. A squad known for good work rate with a sprinkling of Farkeball magic and then if promoted probably backed to give him a chance at survival in the prem as well.

19 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Would actually be interesting to see how it goes. I think he’d be a great fit as well. A squad known for good work rate with a sprinkling of Farkeball magic and then if promoted probably backed to give him a chance at survival in the prem as well.

You see I tend to think the opposite, and think it wouldn’t work out; which is why it would be interesting to find out.. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

You see I tend to think the opposite, and think it wouldn’t work out; which is why it would be interesting to find out.. 

Personally, I doubt if Leeds would give him the time needed. As I've said elsewhere, I think he should replace Martin at Swansea, who probably would give him the time and already play something closer to his preferred style of football.

• Like 1

Having DF available in the background kind a makes me want to give Wagner a kick up the jacksy though.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I really don't think we need to worry about getting back to the EPL soon.

The alternative is we build something sustainable here, like we did under Farke, and then messed it up. Early days but I'm not a patient type.

11 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

It was a season of very mixed results and very mixed performances. Farke had a tough job to halt and turnaround the general decline under Huttler but his style should've suited Glabachs squad.

Injuries during the season didn't help but the biggest blow was losing Sommer in January. Also there were some key players who were going to leave at the end of the season, Thuram & Stindl are definitely leaving and Kone is strongly linked with a move to Liverpool.

What would be really galling is if he goes to a championship club, gets them promoted and then keeps that team in the PL.  It would enforce everything that I thought about him being sacked from us - that he was the right man for a long term stay at the club and it was short sighted to get rid of him.  He hasn't done it yet of course, but if he goes to Leeds and gets them up and stays in the PL, it will show what a stupid mistake it was to sack a manager only weeks after he had seen us through a record breaking season.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What would be really galling is if he goes to a championship club, gets them promoted and then keeps that team in the PL.  It would enforce everything that I thought about him being sacked from us - that he was the right man for a long term stay at the club and it was short sighted to get rid of him.  He hasn't done it yet of course, but if he goes to Leeds and gets them up and stays in the PL, it will show what a stupid mistake it was to sack a manager only weeks after he had seen us through a record breaking season.

It would also be really galling if Luton win the Premier League on a budget of tuppence hapenny but that’s not going to happen either.

14 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Bit like Wagner you mean ? 

i know who i would prefer here , imagine if farke got leeds playing Farkeball how sicking it would be ,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

i thought it was right at the time ,

only hindsight tells you otherwise , the mistake was not getting someone in with same sort of style ,

Total change of style Farke to Smith turned the players into a mess ,nobody knew tactics or jobs etc ,

If Leeds keep most of their squad it's very strong for the division and they would be expecting an instant return. I'm sure Farke would do a pretty good job in those circumstances, although a poor season in Germany will have caused doubts.

I think Farke could do a great job for Leeds next season, it's just his record in the PL and the fact that he's just been sacked may put them off signing him

On 07/06/2023 at 08:06, A Load of Squit said:

and Kone is strongly linked with a move to Liverpool.

There's no doubt Kone is on the way up

He has the potential to escalate Liverpool's performances and bring a big lift to the club 

😃

On 07/06/2023 at 12:22, norfolkngood said:

Bit like Wagner you mean ? 

i know who i would prefer here , imagine if farke got leeds playing Farkeball how sicking it would be ,

Wagner has a PL survival to his name.

1 hour ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Wagner has a PL survival to his name.

yes i agree , Wagner was fantastic at huddersfield

But since then he has took a team that won the league 3 times in a row before he took over to second i think 17 points behind the top team  , i

n German no wins in 18 before he was sacked .

the last 12 games were terrible and sackable in my opinion

i have a feeling he is another Paul lambert Fantastic at one club but can not repeat it ,

we get off to a bad start i can not see him making Christmas here 

Edited by norfolkngood

Farke now joint favourite with the bookies according to the YEP.

Credit - Terminally Yellow on transfer rumours 😉