Sign in to follow this  
Mengo

D Farke would you have him back?

Former Norwich boss Daniel Farke has reportedly decided to leave Borussia Mönchengladbach at the end of the season. Would you take him at your club?

The Rheinische Post reports that Daniel Farke will leave Borussia Mönchengladbach at the end of the season, having only been in charge for one year.

Previously, there were rumours surrounding an early dismissal after Gladbach’s 5-2 loss to Borussia Dortmund last weekend, however Farke has continued to lead the team. Under-23 coach Eugen Polanski is the top candidate internally at the club to replace Farke, while former Bayer Leverkusen coach Gerardo Seoane is seen as an external option.

Ralph Hasenhüttl is unlikely to take charge of Gladbach as sporting director Roland Virkus is more committed to a ball-orientated style of play compared to the Red Bull school of thought.

Farke took charge of Gladbach last season, replacing Adi Hütter, but there has been no improvement compared to his predecessor. The club has one of the worst away forms in the league and have only won twice in the past 10 games. Gladbach currently sits 11th in the Bundesliga.

GGFN | Jack Meenan

According to the Rheinische Post, it's been decided that Farke's last game in charge will be next weekend's match against Augsburg.

Farke took over as Gladbach coach last summer, and his Gladbach side currently sit in 11th place after an unconvincing 2022/23 campaign.

'Die Fohlen' have struggled particularly since the turn of the year, and have won just one of their last six games.

When does their season finish?

I'd have him back if things haven't improved here at the same point, I go past his mural a few times a week along Thorpe road and it still breaks my heart when I see it.  You'd think by now it'd get better, but it doesn't.

No logic behind it, just love the man!  Perhaps "Director of Farkeball"?  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 3

I get why people say we needed to sack him.....but.....we still went down and maybe would have had a better shot at going up this season given his track record in the championship, style of play/consistency running through the club. Hopeful next season we get some defined style and dominating performances. 

• Like 1

Yes, but it won’t happen. And even if it did, it’d be a mistake to think we’d reach the heights of his last two EFL campaigns. 

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Get him back. So what if he couldn't keep us in the EPL. A great season every other one will do me. 

Plus you get additional content with the press conferences, Wagner is pretty good, but still nowhere near some of Farke's epic chats where he can go for 15 mins on one subject.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah because those two premier league seasons were great weren't they?

Nobody cou,ld have done better with what he had to work with.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah because those two premier league seasons were great weren't they?

It may have escaped your notice but we are not going to be in the premier League next season and 2 of those Championship seasons were absolutely fantastic!

• Like 2

Just now, Commonsense said:

It may have escaped your notice but we are not going to be in the premier League next season and 2 of those Championship seasons were absolutely fantastic!

Yep and 1 of those championship seasons weren't good either. 

Fact of the matter is Daniel Farke fails without Emi Buendia. 

50 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Former Norwich boss Daniel Farke has reportedly decided to leave Borussia Mönchengladbach at the end of the season. Would you take him at your club?

No he has had his time here and time for the club to move on - not that it matters anyway cos Wagner aint going anywhere so does not matter what we think 

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Fact of the matter is Daniel Farke fails without Emi Buendia. 

Smith failed WITH Buendia, to be fair.

• Like 1

Absolutely get that man back here. 

I have a differing opinion to most - I do believe his time was up but I also believe his time has come again. 

If Daniel Farke doesn't manage this club again in my lifetime then I will be gutted. 

Edited by Chelm Canary
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Dean Smith did statistically better than he did.

Statistical noise.

A unique identity junked for no good reason other than to placate the baying hoards who think its possible to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Statistical noise.

A unique identity junked for no good reason other than to placate the baying hoards who think its possible to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

The "identity" had been abandoned for a long time prior to his sacking. Webber said so in the interviews recently.

I have to say I wasn’t particularly an ‘outer’ - I rarely have been - but people have definitely been revising their opinion from that of the time.  There was plenty of clamour to get rid (as there had been several previous times under him) but Leeds and Chelsea were awful and, probably rightly, the nail in the coffin.  

Should we go back? Not for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

No

Edited by yellow_belly

Farke is a 'builder' manager, the only reason it worked with us is the club at large was aligned with the same purpose in mind, and willing to allow a little patience.

BMG clearly aren't going to leverage that sort of time, which is a shame. Would I have him back here? Well, we're already significantly un-made from what we were under him. Is another couple-season settling period what we want? Particularly as we already have Wagner, who I believe is similarly inclined to build sides over time?

25 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Statistical noise.

By using the term “baying hoards”, that suggests it was definitely the majority.  I wasn’t even one of them as far as I recall, but do think it was the right choice and still think so.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can't keep a team in the english top flight

But we are no longer in the English Top Flight

I think one of Farke's biggest issue was lack of experience in his backroom staff at the higher level.