Sign in to follow this  

Don't usually suggest players, but he is an interesting character and a good footballer who played for Wagner at Huddersfield. Now 32 might relish as fresh challenge with his old boss?  Would add a bit more bite and experience to our midfield.

• Haha 1

He’s a good player who would be exactly what we need as a holding player in my view but he did play 29 times for Celtic this season and is half way through a 2 year contract so unless the Wagner connection is strong I’m not sure he’d fancy dipping back into the champ when he can spend next season playing in Europe again with Celtic?

I suppose possibly if we offered him a longer contract on good money but then are we in a position to do that?

I watched the highlights (an every goal video) of Huddersfields PL survival season under Wagner when he joined to get an idea of what we were in for. Literally 90% of the goals they scored heavily involved Mooy in some way, he was absolutely critical in creating chances for them. He was basically their Buendia but he played as a type of deep lying playmaker and took all their set pieces. 

I'm not sure he'd leave Celtic for us but we definitely need to find a player like him with killer set pieces because he was absolutely integral to Wagner's success. Kenny has his virtues but he isn't that type of player, neither is Gibbs. Sara is kinda similar but nowhere near as consistent or good with final balls. 

• Thanks 1

Nunez looks like he can hit a decent set-piece, just not consistently enough. Better than Buendia though.

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nunez looks like he can hit a decent set-piece, just not consistently enough. Better than Buendia though.

Set peices were/are a major failing in Emis game. No idea why we let him anywhere near them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Set peices were/are a major failing in Emis game. No idea why we let him anywhere near them. 

If Emi hitting the first man on a corner got goals we'd have flown up to the Premier on the back of a 300 goal season.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's already turned us down before right?

That was the going word. I don't mind him has a player, but at 32 he's not really what we need to rebuild the team unless he's happy to be here on lower wages.

Unless Ange P tells him he won't be getting much game time I can't see Mooy giving up Champions League and another Scottish title for a season in the Championship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If Emi hitting the first man on a corner got goals we'd have flown up to the Premier on the back of a 300 goal season.

Yup, so frustrating  to watch , time after time. Loved watching him play but every time we won a set peice and Emi was the taker.....it was ok to leave the room and put  the kettle on. 

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Carra Collective Chelsea pensioners 1st Eleven....Only over 30 need apply....

Well ' Everyone knows ' you wont win anything with kids, so.....

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Carra Collective Chelsea pensioners 1st Eleven....Only over 30 need apply....

So much for the expensive academy feeding the first team then. Looks like scouting nursing homes might bear more fruit going forward with short contracts.

Wasn't he available this time last year before settling on Celtic? 

I could only see this working if Celtic found someone better and were willing to sell. It might not be an impossibility if they were looking to strengthen in order to be more competitive in the Champions League, but it feels like one of those deals that drag on all summer.

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Unless Ange P tells him he won't be getting much game time I can't see Mooy giving up Champions League and another Scottish title for a season in the Championship.

Exactly the OP is really in cuckoo land if he thinks, Mooy will miss out on guaranteed trophies and the champions league, for a team who his turned down before and with a probability of being in a relegation scrap next year.

A year left on his contract, £25K a week plus bonuses, CL football plus more medals next season. What player in their right mind would give that up to come to CR?   

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's already turned us down before right?

Rumoured mate don’t think he ever was truly going to comE here 

Player rapidly on the decline. Hardly setting the world alight in Scotland, playing in a side streets ahead of the rest. 

Also recall him struggling for Australia in the World Cup, having very little impact for them. 

A no from me. 

19 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

19 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

...... yeah, that Emi fella was rubbish, wasn't he?....👿

2 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

At set peices,yes. What's  your excuse?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

....no excuses needed, I never took set pieces. 

Just rubbish in general then?

27 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

At corners, definitely. His set pieces were far below the rest of his game.

At corners, definitely. His set pieces were far below the rest of his game.

..... but the rest of his game, what a player.... probably the best talent we've seen in 40 years,  a shame people look for the negative. 

3 hours ago, splendidrush said:

..... but the rest of his game, what a player.... probably the best talent we've seen in 40 years,  a shame people look for the negative. 

I really don't think saying one aspect being far below the rest of his game is looking for the negative. If anything, it's looking for balance.

I always thought it was amusing that a player who was so good at threading perfectly weighted balls into channels for Pukki to latch onto, or drop cross-field balls with precision like he did, was so consistently bobbins on corners.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

As Gunnso said, not looking for the negative....it was blindingly obvious.  I thought Emi  was a wonderful player but his histrionics and his set peices let him down.