cambridgeshire canary

Pink'Un reporting that Ashley Barnes deal done

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Technically, the Pink Un are reporting that 'transfer expert' Pete O’Rourke is reporting that the Ashley Barnes deal is done.

Now I'm reporting that you are reporting that the Pink Un are reporting that 'transfer expert' Pete O’Rourke is reporting that the Ashley Barnes deal is done.

• Haha 4

I think he can be a useful addition. But I hope we still have our eyes on a starting no9 that isn’t him, Sargeant or Idah. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Technically, the Pink Un are reporting that 'transfer expert' Pete O’Rourke is reporting that the Ashley Barnes deal is done.

Now I'm reporting that you are reporting that the Pink Un are reporting that 'transfer expert' Pete O’Rourke is reporting that the Ashley Barnes deal is done.

Just how many layers of reporting does this go?

7 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

It's not true until there's a video from someone's spare room. Or kitchen. Or even outside bog...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's like Inception. Except without Marion Cotillard to keep you interested.

• Haha 1

How old is Ashley Barnes ? 
Is he injured? 
Does he have a record of being long term injured?
Is he expecting an easy time at sleepy Norwich and Camp Colney to see out his career?

If there is even a glimmer of doubt on his fitness or his motivation why are we signing him? Certainly not a long term player to build a side around.

I thought that the self sustaining model Norwich was operating under required that the Club bought young, motivated players who can be brought on and sold at a huge profit? There will be no profit margin in an old, slow , injury prone,  has-been at the end of his contract.

He better knock in 20 plus goals next season , starting straight away without any “ bedding in time”.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yep, origin is Football Insider

Do they still have outside bogs at homes?

They might do. It always came in handy if you were caught short waiting for the chimney sweep's brush to appear...

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's not true until there's a video from someone's spare room. Or kitchen. Or even outside bog...

Between the aisles of Asda?

After all that's where we unearthed signing Carl Cort. 

12 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Is he injured? 
Is he expecting an easy time at sleepy Norwich and Camp Colney to see out his career?

If there is even a glimmer of doubt on his fitness or his motivation why are we signing him? Certainly not a long term player to build a side around.

I thought that the self sustaining model Norwich was operating under required that the Club bought young, motivated players who can be brought on and sold at a huge profit? There will be no profit margin in an old, slow , injury prone,  has-been at the end of his contract.

He better knock in 20 plus goals next season , starting straight away without any “ bedding in time”.

At least he is young by Boardroom standards.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

They might do. It always came in handy if you were caught short waiting for the chimney sweep's brush to appear...

About time we invented the self cleaning bog. Perhaps our resident engineer @Indy has some ideas?

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

About time we invented the self cleaning bog. Perhaps our resident engineer @Indy has some ideas?

Will you stop quoting my posts. Think of that poor guy in Bristol and his blood pressure...

24 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Is he injured? 

*sighs*

A post full of utter **** that shows just how ignorant the poster is.

Just a quick glance at Ashley Barnes statistics from this season shows he's played 39 times this season. In a team that won the league. On what basis are you questioning his fitness? He scored in the last game of the season, FFS.

2nd - the "self sustaining" model is based on spending what you bring in. It isn't reliant on selling players. You know what does bring in money than selling any player ever will? Being in the ****ing Premier League. For that you need players who can win promotion. And oh look - this guy just played 39 times for a side that ran away with the league this year.

3rd - EVEN IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY SELLING PLAYERS YOU HAVE TO DEVELOP THEM FIRST. It's not just about bringing in young players and selling them on. They've got to actually do well to get the interest in them to make people buy them. That needs good facilities (check). A good head coach (umm...). Good coaching (err...). And a team of players that will help develop the players you have got. Barnes has done it all, from Premier League to multiple championship promotions and that experience will be invaluable to players like Sargent and Idah, not to mention the rest of our very young squad. A facet which becomes even more important given Hanley's injury.

Vincent Kompany says it best.

Kompany concluded: “What I hope it does is it teaches the other players that this is about the fabric of the club and that they understand they will be able to do it. "I think we select the profiles of the players we get, they maybe come through the door as outstanding technical players, but at the end, the heart and the grit of a guy likes Barnsey, that’s what I hope transpires to the rest of the team."

So you can **** right off, demanding 20 goals "with no bedding in time". It's not Ashley Barnes' fault you can't see beyond the end of your ****ing nose and what he might bring to a squad desperately in need of leadership, character and a change of mentality.

This would be a very tidy signing, with a lot of understandable reasons behind it.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I can look into it for you essex, self cleaning bogs now there's a money making idea!

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Someone mentioned that the man who plays Superman started it all, so at least back to the Daily Planet.

Would rather have Barnes Bridge...probably just as mobile and far more useful. 😁

Apples

• Haha 1

I don't get the toilet cleaning jokes - I've seen them a few times from Essex now, is/was Nutty a bog cleaner?  Or is just because of the word  'Nutty' in his name?

Edited by Google Bot

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

*sighs*

A post full of utter **** that shows just how ignorant the poster is.

Just a quick glance at Ashley Barnes statistics from this season shows he's played 39 times this season. In a team that won the league. On what basis are you questioning his fitness? He scored in the last game of the season, FFS.

2nd - the "self sustaining" model is based on spending what you bring in. It isn't reliant on selling players. You know what does bring in money than selling any player ever will? Being in the ****ing Premier League. For that you need players who can win promotion. And oh look - this guy just played 39 times for a side that ran away with the league this year.

3rd - EVEN IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY SELLING PLAYERS YOU HAVE TO DEVELOP THEM FIRST. It's not just about bringing in young players and selling them on. They've got to actually do well to get the interest in them to make people buy them. That needs good facilities (check). A good head coach (umm...). Good coaching (err...). And a team of players that will help develop the players you have got.

Vincent Kompany says it best.

So you can **** right off, demanding 20 goals "with no bedding in time". It's not Ashley Barnes' fault you can't see beyond the end of your ****ing nose and what he might bring to a squad desperately in need of leadership, character and a change of mentality.

This would be a very tidy signing, with a lot of understandable reasons behind it.

Apart from the ****ing, a good post. The kind of experience and character we need to go along with what is a young side.

• Like 2

A proven gritty presence who rattles cages, actually won this league this season, and will be superb for Idah and Sargent to learn from. What's not to like?

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

I was about to make the same point, because, at the risk of being picky, this happens here all the way through transfer windows. The pink un is not saying anything definitive. It is simply repeating a report from elsewhere, which might or might not be accurate.

Edited by PurpleCanary

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps put him on the Board of Directors. Coming from Burnley he must have a clue.

Are you from Burnley? If not i suggest that you put a sock in it....or move to Burnley and  get some clues. 

Just now, Flying Dutchman said:

51 goals in 9 years (267 games) at Burnley and 35 years old?

Oh the heady heights.

He's 33. 34 this October.

44 of those 51 goals scored in the Premier League.

Executive Turbo-prop just landed at Norwich from Manchester....Ashley here for a Colney Medical? Sort out Contract? Sign on the Dotted Line?....

Slow news day.....or slow news couple o' months.....

12 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Executive Turbo-prop just landed at Norwich from Manchester....Ashley here for a Colney Medical? Sort out Contract? Sign on the Dotted Line?....

Slow news day.....or slow news couple o' months.....

No i think that is that Fizz woman from Coronation street i think the Story line was she was coming to Norwich for work ! 

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

No i think that is that Fizz woman from Coronation street i think the Story line was she was coming to Norwich for work ! 

Imagine the shock as Mike Ashley steps out from the heli.