Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

Not a serious football club

Brilliant article again from My Football Writer for those who may not have read it yet.

Good riddance 2022-23 (myfootballwriter.com)

I thought this section was very pertinent:-

In almost every other club in the country, serious questions would be asked of David Wagner’s suitability for the job.

In almost every other club in the country, Stuart Webber would have been thanked for the good things he has achieved in his six seasons but then politely shown the door.

But we’re not a serious football club.

When we were told we were going to do things differently, this is not what we had in mind.

A serious football club isn’t run at the behest of two married couples.

A serious football club questions and challenges those in power in order for it to become better and to move forward.

I'm no fan of the arrogant Webber but unless and until the points highlighted are properly addressed by appointing new owners with vision, ambition and open communication procedures for the fans + proper, rigorous corporate governance NOTHING will change.  It is an absolute disgrace that this club has no Chief Executive and no Chairman. Yet STILL the sheep that trudge down to FCR can't bring themselves to voice their anger at The Stowmarket Two.  

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Brilliant article again from My Football Writer for those who may not have read it yet.

In almost every other club in the country, serious questions would be asked of David Wagner’s suitability for the job.

In almost every other club in the country, Stuart Webber would have been thanked for the good things he has achieved in his six seasons but then politely shown the door.

When we were told we were going to do things differently, this is not what we had in mind.

A serious football club questions and challenges those in power in order for it to become better and to move forward.

I'm no fan of the arrogant Webber but unless and until the points highlighted are properly addressed by appointing new owners with vision, ambition and open communication procedures for the fans + proper, rigorous corporate governance NOTHING will change.  It is an absolute disgrace that this club has no Chief Executive and no Chairman. Yet STILL the sheep that trudge down to FCR can't bring themselves to voice their anger at The Stowmarket Two.  

I suggest you sit back with your tin hat on and await the we don't need a CEO or Chairman brigade to turn up Dave.

• Like 1

The saddest thing about our club right now is the feeling that the hope has to placed in the people who have taken so much of the hope away. 
We now have to hope Webber somehow improves his signing success rate. Likely using a far smaller budget than the one he’s blown in the past. 
We also have to hope that Wagner manages to get more out of the existing players that remain - who he’s failed to thus far. As well as any new additions. 

Above both of those things is the hope that the owners get rid of the pair of them. 

And some harbour hopes that the owners will also go. 

But all in all - the above all feels false hope. Yet at other clubs that would not be the case. 

• Like 3

Also the saddest thing is we got very little cash to bring in any decent players it looks like we will  be bringing in some Journeymen players with a loans and hope to push on from there -mid table for some years to come- if we lucky

59 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

So why do you STILL trudge down to Carrow Road and not bring yourself to voice your anger at The Stowmarket Two?

Baaaaaa

You post a good game.

If anyone at our club hinted this was the fans fault you'd be posting angrily about it. It's ok for you though...

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

To be fair, you had a chance to yesterday pre-kick off. It was even organised and everything. Someone even went to the bother of creating a graphic and sharing it on here and all other socials.

But none of you turned up.

Seems unfair to then blame the "sheep"...

Well i turned up at 2pm more in hope than expectation as nobody who had put the graphic about it on social media had the gonads to put any further info such as contact names or e-mails etc.

There were a dozen or so others leaning against the wall looking for a ' leader ' to step forward but nothing happened so they melted away after about 10 minutes.

However it looked to me that the club had got wind that something might just happen as between the club shop and the Gunn Club in that 100 metre or so stretch along Carrow Road were 9 Police Officers which i thought something of an overkill for a nothing game v Blackpool.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The saddest thing about our club right now is the feeling that the hope has to placed in the people who have taken so much of the hope away. 
We now have to hope Webber somehow improves his signing success rate. Likely using a far smaller budget than the one he’s blown in the past. 
We also have to hope that Wagner manages to get more out of the existing players that remain - who he’s failed to thus far. As well as any new additions. 

Above both of those things is the hope that the owners get rid of the pair of them. 

And some harbour hopes that the owners will also go. 

But all in all - the above all feels false hope. Yet at other clubs that would not be the case. 

Webber somehow improves his signing success rate? - some miracle must have happened 🙂 But then again, hoping for a miracle is a false hope. Maybe it's easier to replace Webber?

You can sum the club up with 90% from top is OK and has filtered down to the players and fans.....we're happy to be where we are and 90% will do.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

between the club shop and the Gunn Club in that 100 metre or so stretch along Carrow Road were 9 Police Officers which i thought something of an overkill for a nothing game v Blackpool.

Might have just been the Met Police on a busman's holiday, following their efforts arresting people in yellow at the Coronation.

• Like 1

To have hope or optimism for next season you must believe that Webber can rebuild the squad over the summer and that Wagner can coach , mould and motivate those players . Unfortunately this seems too big a stretch for my credulity, we are doomed to a relegation struggle if Webber and Wagner remain in place.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DarOv said:

Webber somehow improves his signing success rate? - some miracle must have happened 🙂 But then again, hoping for a miracle is a false hope. Maybe it's easier to replace Webber?

That would be the best outcome. But can you honestly see it happening? Only if he gets a new job elsewhere I’d say 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

So why do you STILL trudge down to Carrow Road and not bring yourself to voice your anger at The Stowmarket Two?

Baaaaaa

You post a good game.

If anyone at our club hinted this was the fans fault you'd be posting angrily about it. It's ok for you though...

The first of the Summer Whine as the usual malcontents stamp their little feet and have a temper tantrum. I think nutty this is how some derive their 'enjoyment'. Endlessly grizzling on here. Til1010 sounds like the sort of bloke who would give a Dispirin a headache

13 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

To have hope or optimism for next season you must believe that Webber can rebuild the squad over the summer and that Wagner can coach , mould and motivate those players . Unfortunately this seems too big a stretch for my credulity, we are doomed to a relegation struggle if Webber and Wagner remain in place.

The parallel is of course with Huddersfield under those two in which they did put a good team together, playing good football. Doing it again would be great, but I admit it seems unlikely!

Do people want a serious football club then?  I thought sport was about entertainment - seems too many are looking for a business model to support to me.

All will be grand when the Americans roll in with their business plans, advisors and fan monetisation schemes. Maybe we can get a subscription for all you can eat "Norr-which City" hot dogs!  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Google Bot

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I suggest you sit back with your tin hat on and await the we don't need a CEO or Chairman brigade to turn up Dave.

Despite all the evidence to the contrary.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

You can sum the club up with 90% from top is OK and has filtered down to the players and fans.....we're happy to be where we are and 90% will do.

💯🎯

1 hour ago, Indy said:

That 90% comment was always going to bite him. Such a stupid thing to say in an interview. 

• Like 1

Feels like a bit of a repeat of last summer where Smith was given a free pass for the relegation because of the situation he took the job in.

2 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Might have just been the Met Police on a busman's holiday, following their efforts arresting people in yellow at the Coronation.

I'd have cattle prodded the protesters and the Police....That's how I roll....

ZERO TOLERANCE!.....

1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

It is worse than that. You have to hope all the above whilst first accepting the loss of our better players to fund the rebuild. So two back - from this awful state - before we even consider moving forward 

8 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I'd have cattle prodded the protesters and the Police....That's how I roll....

ZERO TOLERANCE!.....

You would have to actually go to games first.

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Only if we're going to continue taking that comment out of context and using it as a stick. I'd have thought our recruitment and performances this season would be enough on its own!

As with all the usual moans on here about our ownership, it turns out they're not actually that bothered about it - unless all it involves is complaining on a message board about other fans who also didn't do anything.

Weird.

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Only if we're going to continue taking that comment out of context and using it as a stick. I'd have thought our recruitment and performances this season would be enough on its own!

As with all the usual moans on here about our ownership, it turns out they're not actually that bothered about it - unless all it involves is complaining on a message board about other fans who also didn't do anything.

Weird.

I reckon most on here are much less than 90% when at work, just won’t want to admit it (obviously not me 😉)

It is strange about the non protest before the game - imo it’s the right time to do it, otherwise you get the accusation that’s it’s only people having a moan because we lost (which of course may be partly true) - but there wasn’t a sniff when I passed by, as Til says there were a few guys leaning against the wall looking like they might have done ‘something’ but we’re waiting for someone else to do it. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Weird.

Exactly, you prove my point..... you're all happy with where we are, you summed up my point, you're conditioned to be satisfied with this season, this stewardship and the comment made by a critical member of the board who's comment has filtered down to performances.

I gave up my season ticket years ago 7 to be exact after 30 years plus of going to every game I could make, handing over me season ticket to family members while away working.....i was around in 94,95 & 96 I saw the passion and those who now appear content certainly weren't back then, and I don't wish the same on Delia & MWJ.

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

However it looked to me that the club had got wind that something might just happen as between the club shop and the Gunn Club in that 100 metre or so stretch along Carrow Road were 9 Police Officers which i thought something of an overkill for a nothing game v Blackpool.

Under this new "going equipped" law they thought they could nick a few for wearing scarves which could be used to tie themselves to something.

52 minutes ago, Indy said:

Exactly, you prove my point..... you're all happy with where we are, you summed up my point, you're conditioned to be satisfied with this season, this stewardship and the comment made by a critical member of the board who's comment has filtered down to performances.

I gave up my season ticket years ago 7 to be exact after 30 years plus of going to every game I could make, handing over me season ticket to family members while away working.....i was around in 94,95 & 96 I saw the passion and those who now appear content certainly weren't back then, and I don't wish the same on Delia & MWJ.

What a load of idiotic drivel. As you are no longer at games, how do you know how supporters feel?  Just because the vast majority don't behave like over tired children does not mean they do not care about the club. The situation we are in should firstly be set against the enormous success the club has had over the oast 13 years or so. Secondly no one at the club has intentionally put us where we are. The idea among you lot that there is a conspiracy by the board and all its officers to ruin the club, is patently absurd.

Clubs outside the top six of the PL will always have ups and downs. Look at the two decades of failure previously, down the A140. Look at the Championship and count the ex PL, clubs. Clubs who were once held up as clubs to aspire to -D Swansea, Charlton. How come Leeds, Everton and recent title winners Leicester are now battling to avoid relegation ?

So stop claiming that adults who are not petulantly whining are 'content'. We just take a more balanced view on things. Shame those claim to be supporters can't.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Baaaaaa

You post a good game.

I have done that on many an occasion only to be glared at in anger by the stupid Happy Clappers. I did it at Charlton when were relegated in 2009 and on a number of times at what used to be 'FCR'. Shame it's taken so many years for fans to even voice disquiet on social media about the geriatric owners. I've been waving that particular flag since 1998.    

4 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

The first of the Summer Whine as the usual malcontents stamp their little feet and have a temper tantrum. I think nutty this is how some derive their 'enjoyment'. Endlessly grizzling on here. Til1010 sounds like the sort of bloke who would give a Dispirin a headache

So did you read the article I posted a link to?  Feel free please to pass objective comment on what the author said.