Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

We seem to be aligned with the Binners on more than one signing. 

Will be interesting if one turns us down in favour of them and progresses to be a worldy. And vice versa!

I'd like us to nab Taylor from Posh.

Well clearly wingers seem to be a big focus this summer based on the number of players we're seemingly interested in.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hear on the grapevine AC Milan leading the chase to sign Omo right now.

Yes the grapevine aka the internet is saying such things 😉 

Do Milan really need Omobamidele? They've got three young centre backs already in Tomori (25), Kalulu (23) and Thiaw (21), plus the experienced option of Kjaer who still has another year on his contract. I wouldn't have thought spending £15m on another one would be a priority, unless one is leaving?

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Do Milan really need Omobamidele? They've got three young centre backs already in Tomori (25), Kalulu (23) and Thiaw (21), plus the experienced option of Kjaer who still has another year on his contract. I wouldn't have thought spending £15m on another one would be a priority, unless one is leaving?

I think they have a few older players on their way out hence the need for some new blood. Hopefully the figure is north of £20m plus add ons with the current interest in him. That begs the question if he leaves do we need another defender centrally?

8 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think they have a few older players on their way out hence the need for some new blood. Hopefully the figure is north of £20m plus add ons with the current interest in him. That begs the question if he leaves do we need another defender centrally?

They need long-term replacements for the likes of the now retired Ibrahimovic and the 36-year-old Giroud in attack, plus Diaz has gone, Rebic is likely to follow and Origi has been poor. But at centre back, they have three decent young options already.

Their priority surely is to sign some young blood in attack, rather than spending £15-20m on another young centre back.

38 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

As sure as death and taxes are likelihoods in life so is a Norwich City injury crisis at centre back. We ALWAYS need central defenders, we NEVER over compensate and we always cry into our beers when come mid season 3 CB’s get crocked. It’s a fact of life. Let’s hope we over stock this time. I don’t care who with, just ****ing someone!

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

I always cringe when I see a rumour come up with our old badge 

So weird, I was pottering around Norwich today and saw some folk with old kits / hats whatever on with the old crest and can say I prefer the new one. That might be my visual designer coming out but there’s something odd about the canary not sitting in the middle of the badge..

(I await pelters with my head above the parapet)

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

So weird, I was pottering around Norwich today and saw some folk with old kits / hats whatever on with the old crest and can say I prefer the new one. That might be my visual designer coming out but there’s something odd about the canary not sitting in the middle of the badge..

(I await pelters with my head above the parapet)

No pelters from me. I thought it was a travesty when it first was announced. But actually it's grown on me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Norwich City are interested in Barış Alper They made 4.5 million € verbal offers Made an appointment for an official meeting Waiting for Galatasaray's response” don’t know how reliable the source is. But will this affect the Rashica hold up?

5 hours ago, Yobocop said:

I always cringe when I see a rumour come up with our old badge 

It must have been an awful near 2 years for you.

Edited by KiwiScot

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

“Norwich City are interested in Barış Alper They made 4.5 million € verbal offers Made an appointment for an official meeting Waiting for Galatasaray's response” don’t know how reliable the source is. But will this affect the Rashica hold up?

Have found the source for this...

23 year old left winger, 4 goals, 2 assists this season. Has also played through the middle and down the right.

Interesting that all of the new links are for wingers. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

No pelters from me. I thought it was a travesty when it first was announced. But actually it's grown on me. 

This is where I am with it now too, and agree with Yobo, rumours with the old badge on the graphic just looks wrong now.

12 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Interesting that all of the new links are for wingers. 

That's ChatGPT or whatever for ya. These AI bots are just like consultants, just pick up on the latest trend, rinse and repeat until a new one comes along.

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Linked to bringing Nathan Redmond back home. Seems we have competition from Burnley and Wolves, though. 

We don't have enough cul-de-sac's for him to cut into and look lost.

Oh, and is this winger rumour #371?

Thomas Ince
Borja Sainz
Turkish lad
Nathan Redmond
Chiedozie Ogbene
Ryan Fraser
Lewis Wing
Stephy Mavididi 

Really is quite mad. 

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh, and is this winger rumour #371?

Thomas Ince
Borja Sainz
Turkish lad
Nathan Redmond
Chiedozie Ogbene
Ryan Fraser
Lewis Wing
Stephy Mavididi 

Really is quite mad. 

Does Lewis play on the wing……??

(Lol) 

We've been linked with so many left-wingers I expect the castle and lion on our badge to turn into a hammer and sickle. 😉 

• Like 1