Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The only interesting thing is that despite what you have said he's not made any apperences for Forest despite him having been a big profile signing for them.

He was one of about 12 forwards they had in their squad last season, pretty sure they signed and loaned out a number of players. 

I thought Forest were also after a Brazilian CB Murillo, according to Romano.

The Omo connection is a bit worrying. Perhaps they'd loan him back for the rest of the season, otherwise I can't see it happening.

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You are right. After all I'm peeking in your windows right now and you look real good in the bath.

Nothing wrong with it after all right?

Sorry, I thought the obvious sarcasm, was well errrr, obvious.

17 minutes ago, Renskay said:

There isn't an ongoing sexual case against him.

There was an anonymous allegation against him which he and his representatives have denied to be true outright.

It's astonishing how quickly a narrative will form based on next to no information when the slightest bit of investigation will tell you if it's off base or not.

I thought libel was meant to be a serious thing in the UK?

Talk libel with the person who made the claim,

That's not me.

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You are right. After all I'm peeking in your windows right now and you look real good in the bath.

Nothing wrong with it after all right?

The thing is we know he's joking.... but there's just a little sliver of possibility he might actually be telling the truth.... 

• Haha 1

Selling Omo to Forest, when they have about a billion defenders seems odd, when they recently explained that selling him to Milan in January wasn't right for the club or player.

Can't see how he'd develop or get a chance at Forest 

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

And where do we get the £18m Sheffield just paid for the young striker who is "ready to bang them in", as you put it?

I never said we Need 18 million haha

You put that in this conversation and the player, I never mentioned both at all. Ha ha

Simply need to look at players, do our due diligence and if it fits amazing.

5 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

According to Samual Seaman we’re willing to sell Omobamidele and have a replacement lined up 

https://x.com/samseaman8/status/1697679199991906648?s=46&t=12k3jEugNq5vxKFcnDRw6g

You'd have thought if that were the case and added to the Max and Rashica transfer money we could have pushed the boat out on a decent striker. Instead we're grubbing around a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Selling Omo to Forest, when they have about a billion defenders seems odd, when they recently explained that selling him to Milan in January wasn't right for the club or player.

Did I see something about them having signed a CB already today? 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

You'd have thought if that were the case and added to the Max and Rashica transfer money we could have pushed the boat out on a decent striker. Instead we're grubbing around a bit

You were complaining we weren't involved earlier. Now we're "grubbing around". What exactly are you wanting? Baring in mind we are Norwich City and have never done anything differently. 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You'd have thought if that were the case and added to the Max and Rashica transfer money we could have pushed the boat out on a decent striker. Instead we're grubbing around a bit.

As I learned with Pukki it’s best to wait and not cast judgement till we’ve seen them in yellow. I believe my sentiments at the time were about a washed up Celtic reject when Pukki first signed 😂😂🙈

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

As long as they give us £20million plus then who cares? 

• Like 1

If Omobamidele goes to Forest I can only see him becoming the next Jamal Lewis. Can’t see how he’d get any game time at a PL club when he’s currently 3rd choice here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You were complaining we weren't involved earlier. Now we're "grubbing around". What exactly are you wanting? Baring in mind we are Norwich City and have never done anything differently. 

He doesn't know what he wants, that's the problem with many fans they can never be fully satisfied, if we'd have signed Cannon it'd probably be a moan that we splashed too much cash on a unproven player. Etc. Etc. 

I for one will give anyone willing to join us a chance until they give me a reason not to, I even gave Jason Jarrett a chance until he actually played 😂

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

4 minutes ago, smooth said:

I never said we Need 18 million haha

You put that in this conversation and the player, I never mentioned both at all. Ha ha

Simply need to look at players, do our due diligence and if it fits amazing.

So what price do you think you would have to pay for a young player who has proved he is "ready to bang goals in"?

On 30/08/2023 at 21:46, Google Bot said:

Sky sports are saying that we have put a bid in, not rumoured to have done, or considering to which is what they normally state.

Our dealings with prem league clubs have normally been known up front,  So they've not all been out of the blue - I guess this is because there's more media sniffing around those teams?

That was the £7m bid we (supposedly) put in for Cannon. Never mind, Sky tipped us to sign Lowe or Moore. Perhaps we could nip in and sign Salah. If Sky claims we have put in a bid, no doubt there will some on here who will believe it.

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Did I see something about them having signed a CB already today? 

The suggestion is that regardless, they wanted Chalobah from Chelsea and had agreed a £25m price but for the player to decline. Hence moving onto Omo.

Off for a medical in a minute. Admittedly I'm 43 and tend to be a wing-back but they think I'm fit enough to be a menace up top.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Off for a medical in a minute. Admittedly I'm 43 and tend to be a wing-back but they think I'm fit enough to be a menace up top.

Hey I'm 52 but still playing as CB. I'd play for those wages 

2 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

If Omobamidele goes to Forest I can only see him becoming the next Jamal Lewis. Can’t see how he’d get any game time at a PL club when he’s currently 3rd choice here

Not sure he’d be 3rd choice if we weren’t trying to preserve him for a sale.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Do you have the same deal as Webber to allow you regular time off to take part in the Faroe Islands bi-quarterly sea marathons?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Hey I'm 52 but still playing as CB. I'd play for those wages 

Right, I'll kick them, you body-check them.