Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

On 11/08/2023 at 14:07, jaberry2 said:

Thanks, good to get clarification. Im not sure whether I could of slept tonight not knowing 😉

Could have slept tonight.

Yours pedantically.

6 hours ago, Soldier on said:

If they wait until January they will miss out given we seem desperate to sell this window ?

Correct. Why did we not hold out for both Rashica and Aarons ? Selling them as soon **** the window opened smacks of desperation. Well spotted.

18 hours ago, chicken said:

I think Duffy was signed to cover both Hanley's injury and potentially the first season without Gibson.

Gibson is rumoured to be our highest paid player, so I should imagine that could well be a key factor on whether he stays or not. I imagine Giannoulis is on a fair amount too.

McCallum is interesting, I can't imagine he is on a lot of wages but to lose two left backs in one go... you'd have hoped one would go and a long term replacement brought in if neither are seen to be the future.

Gibson staying will depend on what division we are in next season.  If it is PL then no. Championship, yes. But the new contract will not be at PL level. Much as with Giannoulis. He is certainly playing out of his skin at the moment.   If he does not accept a new deal then he is free to look elsewhere in Jan. Whether he will accept a Championship level contract with the provision it is upgraded if we go up is another matter.

The three amigos - Duffy, Barnes and Stacy must have been offered decent contracts, or as free agents they could have waited to see what was on offer elsewhere. McCallum does not look to be first choice.  Whether he would fetch what we supposedly paid for him, again, is another matter.  lose Gino through a sale or injury and only having Placheta as cover could be costly.

Less than three weeks now to pull it all together/ Rashica is gone. Omo going would lead us very short at the back. I expect the club to have their eye on a couple of PL loans as cover at the back. Though loans tend to be midfield or forwards.  Another Skipp would be handy

Omos transfer is as with most, pretty much out of our hands. Milan will be offering far more than he is getting here, with Champions League football as well. Numpties think we can stop him going.  I wonder what their response would be were they in his shoes ?

Edited by RobJames

Can't help but wonder if the nasty injury to Tyrone Mings might have a part to play with Omobamidele. Maybe not to Villa directly, but a domino-esque replacement for whoever they bring in.

36 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Can't help but wonder if the nasty injury to Tyrone Mings might have a part to play with Omobamidele. Maybe not to Villa directly, but a domino-esque replacement for whoever they bring in.

I still think he'll go to AC Milan.

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

I still think he'll go to AC Milan.

Not if Villa stump up £25m upwards he won't. AC Milan can't afford that 

1 minute ago, canarycop said:

Sorry, have I missed something about Villa?? There’s nothing on the Pink Un this morning 

15 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Sorry, have I missed something about Villa?? There’s nothing on the Pink Un this morning 

No. Left-footed Mings is out for a while so they'll obviously buy right-footed Omo. 

Yes, we're headed down that rabbit-hole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

No you haven't. Mings is injured as has been mentioned. Just a reply to the message saying he is off to AC Milan. Could be anybody not just Villa

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, canarycop said:

But your speculating likes other about Sara and West Ham.

19 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Peter O'rourke on Football Insider Twitter is saying that Luton are in advanced talks to sign Krul. 

Makes sense.

His wages are reportedly pretty big here and we can't spend that on a backup, Luton get an experienced head.

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

Just lil ol' me speculating. The greater point being 'not necessarily Villa' but perhaps part of the dominoes down the line.

• Like 1

Seems the Zaniolo from Gala to Villa transfer is on this morning. Lots of reports suggested this would be needed for them to come back in for Rashica so maybe some movement on that front soon.

• Like 1

The PinkUn are saying that we are after George Long from Millwall....He was their first choice for the majority of last season, but Millwall have used a different keeper so far this season.

11 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Well if George Long does come in, we won’t be SHORT on keepers… 

Er, I seem to remember a criticism of him at Sheffield United was he was a little on the short side for a keeper. A good shot stopper if you aimed it at him but the corners of the goal were visited by him a lot, and he left a lot to be desired with his attempts at catching crosses. Probably good with the ball at his feet.

24 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Er, I seem to remember a criticism of him at Sheffield United was he was a little on the short side for a keeper. A good shot stopper if you aimed it at him but the corners of the goal were visited by him a lot, and he left a lot to be desired with his attempts at catching crosses. Probably good with the ball at his feet.

He's meant to be 6ft 4, which I wouldn't call short!

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Perhaps he has grown 6 or 7 inches since his Sheff Utd days. It can happen. I had this sunflower once.,.........

Given our expertise in keepers, I have no doubt he will be sharpened up a bit once here.

He could take the tube to Shepherds Bush and if he takes his boots could get a game, tomorrow. We're bound to have some spare socks and shorts. Actually he could come back on the team bus. Sort out the stuff needed to sign and then head back on the Millwall bus Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grando said:

He's meant to be 6ft 4, which I wouldn't call short!

I think that was a misconception brought about by the fact he never commanded his area in the air, and could never prevent those shots aimed into the corners of the goal. Perhaps like Ruddy, he was so tall he took forever getting to the ground on the latter, but with that height his lack of command of the penalty box is a concern. However, albeit it is early days with him at Norwich, but Paul Clements looks like a coach who can make anyone into a first class stopper, so lets see what happens.  

• Like 1

Connor Southwell is saying that Rashica is set to travel to Turkey, because Besiktas & Galatasaray are in talks with Norwich. The saga is reaching an end game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Connor Southwell is saying that Rashica is set to travel to Turkey, because Besiktas & Galatasaray are in talks with Norwich. The saga is reaching an end game. 

Encouragingly says Webber set to

recoup majority of our initial transfer outlay. Shame if none of it made available for transfers though 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Encouragingly says Webber set to

recoup majority of our initial transfer outlay. Shame if none of it made available for transfers though 

I think Norwich will always be in the market for a good player if they are available for a fee we can compete with. 

seems departures are like busses with Krul and Rashica both going soon. 

Cant find any reports confirming if Rash to Besiktas is a loan or permanent. 

Another season loan does us no good whatsoever

36 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Its bit like the kane Bayern saga..  He says this he says that just bloody well get on with it already