Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

16 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I’d drive him there myself but as you say would leave us short 

I'd love it if one day the club took one of the fans up on the offer to drive a player to a destination themselves.

It'd be a long and awkward journey, that's for sure... 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 03/08/2023 at 19:01, Feedthewolf said:

Best kids' TV show in history. Fact.

Preferred the Crystal Maze, personally - although that was probably more teenager at the very youngest.

Can’t say MacAllum will be much of a miss tbh… at least while Dimi is still here. Just wonder if it’s another one we’re letting go a bit soon when we were told to be patient with whilst still young (Tzolis too).

Don’t think we can afford to be spending big money on potential and be patient with them at the same time. The moment they clearly aren’t up to scratch, seems the writing is on the wall… that might change somewhat if mid table championship soon becomes the norm but for now you best be stepping up pretty sharpish.

We seem to be clearing the decks. It could be argued that the wrong players are being sold though.

McCallum has not quite reached my expectations, but is nevertheless he is clearly a useful performer who is versatile and young. He is destined to improve and may be needed as the long hard season progresses.

The squad seems to be misshaping badly. We desperately need a couple of loanees from the PL, including in attack  .... despite Idah's newly discovered rich vein of goal-scoring.

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Preferred the Crystal Meth, personally - although that was probably more teenager at the very youngest.

Sorted!! Now we know where all that energy comes from 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

We seem to be clearing the decks. It could be argued that the wrong players are being sold though.

McCallum has not quite reached my expectations, but is nevertheless he is clearly a useful performer who is versatile and young. He is destined to improve and may be needed as the long hard season progresses.

The squad seems to be misshaping badly. We desperately need a couple of loanees from the PL, including in attack  .... despite Idah's newly discovered rich vein of goal-scoring.

We need a couple of defenders imo, including a utility defender who can play anywhere across the backline.

Strangely one win and all sense of reality goes out the window. Our squad looks paper thin and I don't see where Sam has let us down. All we need now is a bid for Dimi to come in and he'll be gone as well. 

40 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

What’s the latest on Rashica . Turkish season must be starting soon ?

Don't quite know what's happening there but he looked quite miffed on Saturday:-

image.jpeg.1993fd9d51437b8e672d62ad4e6edf60.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We need a couple of defenders imo, including a utility defender who can play anywhere across the backline.

Strangely one win and all sense of reality goes out the window. Our squad looks paper thin and I don't see where Sam has let us down. All we need now is a bid for Dimi to come in and he'll be gone as well. 

They won't sell both and the one they'll sell will be McCallum, that's if we even get a bid. 

I'm not sure it looks paper thin in any regard. We have at least two players for every position.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

That is my thoughts

be better shifting the deadwood but not many people want our deadwood ,

i can still see a bid coming in for one of the few players we want to keep maybe Sara ,

It looks like Wagner has decided McCallum isn't good enough for LB. He also tried him at CB for a while pre-season, but obviously he was not convinced with that as an option either. If Swansea are interested, I'd call QPR or Coventry and see if they are interested as well to drive the price up and make some real money, after that Mumba debacle.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

It looks like Wagner has decided McCallum isn't good enough for LB. He also tried him at CB for a while pre-season, but obviously he was not convinced with that as an option either. If Swansea are interested, I'd call QPR or Coventry and see if they are interested as well to drive the price up and make some real money, after that Mumba debacle.

It was obvious Wagner wasn’t keen as soon as the Placheta at LB experiment started. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soldier on said:

It was obvious Wagner wasn’t keen as soon as the Placheta at LB experiment started. 

And with the greatest of respect to Sam..

You can't be that good of a leftback if Placheta of all players is deemed as a better leftback than you

Absolutely I don’t rate him highly at all. Wouldn’t want Placheta covering LB for us though. Surprised still no move for Milot or Max

On 05/08/2023 at 11:19, jaberry2 said:

Sounds like Arsenal might be looking at Buendia again. If true, Arsenal move swiftly with signing players and I would assume we have a decent sell on clause?

Doubtful, Villa would probably end up selling him at a loss whereas any clause would likely be a % of the profit.

McCallum has never really staked his place. So it would be no great loss. He would only replace Gino if he left or was injured.  Placheta certainly has the speed t over lap. Rowe certainly has eased my worries about our attack. As apart from a 'fell at his feet' toe poke Idah again looked woeful when he came on.

I suspect with Aarons and Rashica there are already bids on the table (Rashica certainly) It's just a matter of holding out for a better deal. Which leads me to think there is far more to the Mumba deal than has been said. if we were the 'soft touch' as the usual suspects on here are trying to portray then we would not be playing hard over Rashica and Aarons.

Still over 3 weeks to go before the transfer decline, so much will happen before then. The question is when ?

A quick look at Swansea forums and twitter suggests they're more into a dutch left back they're bidding on and McCallum is considered a bit of a back up option. Not sure we should be holding our breath on this one. 

Regardless of your opinion on McCallum, are people really happy with Placheta as back up to Giannoulis? Can't say I am.

27 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Regardless of your opinion on McCallum, are people really happy with Placheta as back up to Giannoulis? Can't say I am.

It really strikes me as odd to sell a player because he only plays as wing back ... To then convert a winger to that position who is bound to play the position more like a wing back because he lacks the defensive nous to be a full back. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 3

I'm sure I read somewhere Gino is into the final year of his contract. So last chance to sell and make some money on him, unless we are looking to extend it.

Whatever people think of McCallum, please don't let him go and we carry on with Placheta as back up! One hopes we look to get further re-enforcements into this position (especially with Lunghi injured)

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And with the greatest of respect to Sam..

You can't be that good of a leftback if Placheta of all players is deemed as a better leftback than you

Perhaps I'm missing something, but McCalum was on the bench Saturday and PP wasn't so how is that the case?

In terms of the squad being 'paper thin' it certainly isn't in terms of numbers. If people think it is in terms of quality then fair enough but the manager doesn't. A couple of additions wouldn't go amiss though.

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere Gino is into the final year of his contract. So last chance to sell and make some money on him, unless we are looking to extend it.

Whatever people think of McCallum, please don't let him go and we carry on with Placheta as back up! One hopes we look to get further re-enforcements into this position (especially with Lunghi injured)

Giannoulis, McCallum and Placheta are all in the final years of their contract.

23 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but McCalum was on the bench Saturday and PP wasn't so how is that the case?

In terms of the squad being 'paper thin' it certainly isn't in terms of numbers. If people think it is in terms of quality then fair enough but the manager doesn't. A couple of additions wouldn't go amiss though.

PP was Ill at the weekend 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sport Witness reporting that Milot Rashica move to Galatasary will be confirmed this week; apparently could be as soon as Wednesday. Quotes a Turkish journalist who seems to be the source. 

I saw a report over the weekend that said that he's willing to turn down half million that we owe him in fee's for the deal to go through.

Not sure what that means though, would that be us selling him would end his contract early and thus we have to pay that amount, so it's normally factored into what the buying club pay perhaps?

Or perhaps it's a fee that Gala were paying him to sign(?).

Edit: Found it

Edited by Google Bot