Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Roll up, roll up friends and pink un loons as we gear up for yet another close season of inevitable disappointment! 

We begin with news that Jack Butland is close to a free transfer move to Rangers which inevitably puts an end to interest in Scotland's newly anointed no 1 Angus Gunn. 

But Rangers aren't finished with us yet, oh no! Now they're said to be interested in our Kieran Dowell. Personally speaking I'd like to see us keep Dowell, but there's no denying he's a bit injury prone. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember when Butland was at Stoke and was often called one of the best young English keepers around and was often touted for a big club move and a prolonged stay in the future as Englands first choice goalkeeper.. Whatever went wrong?

37 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Roll up, roll up friends and pink un loons as we gear up for yet another close season of inevitable disappointment! 

We begin with news that Jack Butland is close to a free transfer move to Rangers which inevitably puts an end to interest in Scotland's newly anointed no 1 Angus Gunn. 

But Rangers aren't finished with us yet, oh no! Now they're said to be interested in our Kieran Dowell. Personally speaking I'd like to see us keep Dowell, but there's no denying he's a bit injury prone. 

I'm fed up with players who are persistently injured. I assume Dowell is out of contract in the summer which at least frees up wages for someone who stays fit. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Apparently we've been linked with Keanu Baccus from St Mirren...whooooooah. 😁

Apples

Rather have Keanu Reeves from John Wick 1

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Rather have Keanu Reeves from John Wick 1

...2, 3 or 4... I'd take an injured Keanu Reeves just for shirt sale revenue.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

I made the big mistake of watching his highlights on YouTube….he looks good 

Oh lord, if this season isnt bad enough, we have the transfer window coming up ....... Wonder what injured fecktards we will be looking at this summer.

I doubt after three season it qwill be a DMC of any sorts, I mean, why would they .....

5 minutes ago, Top corner said:

They always look good on YouTube.

It will be interesting to see who gets sold as to who comes in. I'm not convinced Dowell is worth keeping, giving Idah, McLean and Hernandez new contracts also hampers our freedom of trading. The fact these three have new contracts and our financial position suggests everyone else is at risk of departure.

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

They always look good on YouTube.

Yes i have to agree.I always try to watch Youtube videos of players we are touted to be interested in and without fail they have always looked half decent.Unfortunately the majority have not lived up to their video quality.Notably Tzolis and Marquinos

Edited by Grumpy

Realistically I think we have to listen to offers for any of our players and that includes those who have only recently signed new contracts.

We haven't got anyone who we can or need to build a team around and mentally they're all shot.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

Googled him and first thing that comes up

'Keanu Baccus admits Premier Leauge dream'

Oh dear

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wibble said:

Oh lord, if this season isnt bad enough, we have the transfer window coming up ....... Wonder what injured fecktards we will be looking at this summer.

I doubt after three season it qwill be a DMC of any sorts, I mean, why would they .....

DMC? Who's house?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Realistically I think we have to listen to offers for any of our players and that includes those who have only recently signed new contracts.

We haven't got anyone who we can or need to build a team around and mentally they're all shot.

Huh? Vast majority of the players not out of contract are 23 and younger. I wouldn't be upset with building a side around Sargent, Sara, Gibbs, Omobamidele.

They are young though, so need some ecperienced/older hands to help out.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

It will be interesting to see who gets sold as to who comes in. I'm not convinced Dowell is worth keeping, giving Idah, McLean and Hernandez new contracts also hampers our freedom of trading. The fact these three have new contracts and our financial position suggests everyone else is at risk of departure.

I don't agree. We need a squad, not just new players.

Even if you don't consider Idah, McLean and Hernandez first choice, they would cost more money to replace than to keep. Arguably you'd find it harder to recruit back up players too.

If anything, it gives us more freedom to focus on the players we want knowing we don't have to allow for transfer fees or signing on fees  or even more competitive wages, that can be used elsewhere.

Idah is a prime example, we'd be down to one striker. Arguably the most expensive area on the pitch. We'd need two if he went. At 22 he's unlikely to be on massive wages either.

Not to mention, if they are contracted the club is in the driving seat. To move them on you only need to tout them about at the right price, from a free transfer to as much as you think they are worth.

Edited by chicken

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/david-wagner-makes-big-norwich-city-summer-transfer-admission/

Contract talks starting with Dowell, so the implication is they are keen for him to stay. 

If true I think thats good news. Before injury he was part of the run of success that kept us in with a shout and smashed out some great results. Like Hernandez, he's responded to Wagner well.

Certainly not a bad player to have in the squad.

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

If true I think thats good news. Before injury he was part of the run of success that kept us in with a shout and smashed out some great results. Like Hernandez, he's responded to Wagner well.

Certainly not a bad player to have in the squad.

Completely this. I don’t understand the cry to get rid when he’s A: makes things happen B: scores from midfield and C trying to replace him at this level will cost of more £ given we’re likely to be looking at others for that position too, meaning at worst he’s on rotation.

Ahhh but I forgot, common sense is banned on here isn’t it?! Fcuk it then, get rid! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Wonder if butland leaving united will trigger a move for Timmy Krul going there 🤔 Ten Haag seems to like to collect dutch players and Tim also classes as a homegrown player so could be a Robert Green - Chelsea type move 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

20 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

Ok so we all know we need new players this summer.My question is how many and where does the money come from, 

A: 367 

B: The Wayne Foundation 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Top corner said:

Can he do the Fozzy Flick though?

On 25/04/2023 at 14:35, chicken said:

I don't agree. We need a squad, not just new players.

Even if you don't consider Idah, McLean and Hernandez first choice, they would cost more money to replace than to keep. Arguably you'd find it harder to recruit back up players too.

If anything, it gives us more freedom to focus on the players we want knowing we don't have to allow for transfer fees or signing on fees  or even more competitive wages, that can be used elsewhere.

Idah is a prime example, we'd be down to one striker. Arguably the most expensive area on the pitch. We'd need two if he went. At 22 he's unlikely to be on massive wages either.

Not to mention, if they are contracted the club is in the driving seat. To move them on you only need to tout them about at the right price, from a free transfer to as much as you think they are worth.

On 25/04/2023 at 14:49, Danke bitte said:

Completely this. I don’t understand the cry to get rid when he’s A: makes things happen B: scores from midfield and C trying to replace him at this level will cost of more £ given we’re likely to be looking at others for that position too, meaning at worst he’s on rotation.

Ahhh but I forgot, common sense is banned on here isn’t it?! Fcuk it then, get rid! 

There is a view that the squad is a) too big; b) not good enough and c) we will have difficulty moving anyone on who is under contract. So you let go those out of contract and use the wages saved for one or two really good signings and some loans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I've heard a rumour, which sounds credible, that Dowell is leaving.

Nothing heard on Byram yet.

Lifts available for both but I won't have room for the treatment table

• Haha 1