Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

12 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I'd be astounded if we could expect anywhere north of £15m for Omo. But if we can generate good money for him & Aarons, and hopefully rashica, that's a good fund.

Thank goodness Blackpool is the last game, and then the rebuild can actually start!

The thing with Omo is you have a look around at the cost of young centerbacks. After strikers, I suspect they're probably at a premium given how few there actually are.

The issue I have is that his sale would leave us very short at CB. We have to assume Hanley is out a calendar year - could he have played his last game for us? Isn't he out of contract next summer? - so selling Omo would leave us with Gibson and Tomkinson.

32 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Interesting that Sara not among the list.

Tbh if we sell Sara that raises more concerns for me. He’s been one of the few bright sparks and we need to keep some talent here, especially with our recruitment record.

41 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

And we just end up recruiting another LB? Because McCallum hasn't exactly excelled so far.

I just think he's far too inconsistent, already made noises about leaving last year and probably on good wages. He's one of those players that is much better on paper than he is on the pitch. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

I just think he's far too inconsistent, already made noises about leaving last year and probably on good wages. He's one of those players that is much better on paper than he is on the pitch. 

When he was playing for us in pre season  I said he looked a little rusty and weak but said I would wait to see how he does the rest of the season before judging. Now that I have seen him.. Yeah, sadly hes not improved.

Carel Eiting of FV Volendam linked by sus foreign Twitter accounts.

25yo, bit of a journeyman, Dutch midfielder. Played a few games at Champ level for Huddersfield which is probably where the link has been made.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

I like MacCallum tbh. I think there’s definitely a player in there and I rate him above Dimi. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Carel Eiting of FV Volendam linked by sus foreign Twitter accounts.

25yo, bit of a journeyman, Dutch midfielder. Played a few games at Champ level for Huddersfield which is probably where the link has been made.

Interesting.

TransferMarkt have him down as having a pretty good season for FC Volendam; 3 goals, 9 assists from central midfield.

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Interesting.

TransferMarkt have him down as having a pretty good season for FC Volendam; 3 goals, 9 assists from central midfield.

Having looked a bit deeper, comes from good pedigree but has just had a bumpy ride for a few years. Feels a little bit like less-angsty Dutch Moritz Leitner.

I could see it, very Webber. 

42 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Carel Eiting of FV Volendam

Read this far too quickly and thought we were signing Carol Vorderman.

"Two from the top and the rest from wherever you like, Stuart"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Haha, I also read it as Carol Vorderman and had to double take 🤣

Edited by Terminally Yellow

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

"Two from the top and the rest from wherever you like, Stuart"

Something Something Kieron Vowell?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

nde.jpg

20 million for Andrew.. How many clean sheets in his last ten starts for us? 😆

Reportedly to expectedly in the one sentence. 

It is thought possible that some players might leave and others might join. Elsewhere, there are strong rumours that some of the squad could stay while others could be injured next season. It is believed that the club will remain at Carrow Road with the nickname Canaries being retained for another season. The club are looking to keep the club in Norwich, despite widespread talk of relocating to Potter Heigham (should the bridge be fixed). A new stand could be in place by August as the club is looking to built on the carpark next to the small stand, and relocate the supermarket under the Berkley End.

• Haha 1

I'd be surprised if Max is here come August, along with Giannoulis and Sara. Can't see Omobamidele leaving just yet, not anywhere close to £20m anyway! 

Posted the tweet above despite it being unsubstantiated twitter tattle, because their might just be something in this.

For a start - we know right back is an area we'll need improvement in with Max and Byram likely to both be off.

Secondly this lad had "substantial bids" in January from a championship club. That club has remained unknown.

I could see this one being true.

Heavens to Betsy this is going to be a long long summer! But there will be one significant transfer in that all but the Ultra Miserabilists will approve of.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Leeds are such a **** show right now why would you join them? Especially since their new manager believes he’s ahead of Guardiola and Arteta apparently… 

Could say the same about us

A few lines from the Telegraph. A couple of new details - interest in Rashica from Fenerbache, Nice interest in Omo, Byram to be released, Webber and Wagner to remain..

Norwich City right-back Max Aarons up for sale

Norwich City will consider selling Republic of Ireland international Andrew Omobamidele and Max Aarons this summer to fund a squad revamp.
David Wagner is preparing for another season in the Championship after Norwich's play-off hopes ended last weekend and will be given cash from sales to reinvest in new signings.
Omobamidele, the centre-half, has attracted interest from European clubs including AC Milan and Nice and is rated at around £20 million by Norwich.
England under-21 international Aarons is out of contract next year and could also leave this summer.
Milot Rashica, the £11m signing from Werder Bremen, is on loan at Galatasaray and has interest from rival Turkish club Fenerbahce over a permanent transfer.
Teemu Pukki, Kieran Dowell and Sam Byram will depart this summer as free agents to lower the club's wage bill.
Norwich's sporting director Stuart Webber has been targeted by supporters following the club's disappointing season but will stay to oversee the overhaul of the squad.
Relegated from the Premier League last season, Norwich conclude their campaign at home to Blackpool on Monday.

• Thanks 1

It's our business model of developing decent youth players and selling them on while getting some use out of them for 2-4 seasons. Only wish it meant we could buy decent players to supplement this. I wish we could sign a marque signing this season someone we all know instantly will be a quality player and prove to be so. It's depressing signing so many players with potential with good 5 minute youtube videos showcasing their talent.

I know Webbers recruitment hasn't always been brilliant, but let's just give him the whole summer transfer window before we start moaning about the player's he bought. 

40 minutes ago, Top corner said:

I know Webbers recruitment hasn't always been brilliant, but let's just give him the whole summer transfer window before we start moaning about the player's he bought. 

You must be new to this message-board...😍

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You must be new to this message-board...😍

You would have thought that I’d learnt my lesson by now, I have my tin hat at the ready. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Leeds All Over reporting "sources" have told them Stuart Webber is high on a list of potential Director of Football replacements. 

He's a Leeds fan isn't he, so he might be keen?

Saying that he'd get absolutely crucified by their fans if he acts like he has done here.