KeiranShikari

Nobody cares more than Webber

In a way, I admire Wagner for saying what he did because it shows loyalty. He seems a nice guy and, in a different set of circumstances, I think he could have been a very good Norwich manager.

From a different perspective, though, it was a stupid thing for him to say, because you don't nail your colours to someone who has the stink of failure about him, and Webber certainly has that stink right now. Nor you do naively stand up for someone who would happily stab you in the back if it furthers his own career. Wagner has effectively sealed his own dismissal if/when (let's hope it's when) the Webbers are finally defenestrated.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

In a way, I admire Wagner for saying what he did because it shows loyalty.

That's like admiring a suicide bomber for showing dedication to the cause, 

I'm going to need my tin hat on! Russell & Robins would never come here as things are! I don't think MA is anywhere near as close to a deal as some think as he is an astute businessman and Delia regardless of what people think will only give up her control when there's no other option.......so I believe Wagner is still a very good fit and coach, just that as LYB said this squad is shot of confidence and not as good as we expected it to be! Maybe if we can move Webber into an admin looking at the business and infrastructure position and bring in a dedicated DOF to work with Wagner on the football side to look at our Cat 1system, scouting & future transfers it might be better all round.

I fully appreciated and agree with the discontent towards Webber and his player signings he's out of his depth there but his management of the other parts of the business must be considered! I'll get my tin hat on!

Webber in real trouble if he needs support from a  failing coach.  Delia needs to come out and give Webber the dreaded vote of confidence.

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

I'm going to need my tin hat on! Russell & Robins would never come here as things are! 

Robins would, I'm sure, as we're still in a stronger position than Coventry who don't even know where they'll be playing from one season to the next. We'd be the biggest club he'd manage in his career as well, because I don't think he'd ever go higher. 

Martin, however, is on an upward spiral and may well be better served waiting for a better opportunity, although we'd still give him a bigger budget than Swansea next season.

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

Delia regardless of what people think will only give up her control when there's no other option.......

Best we pray for Administration then 

Webbers future is likely dependent on the ownership. 

All the soundbites from MA are that he's incredibly keen to keep Webber on board. Since the Webbers played such a vital role in securing him onto the board that's hardly surprising.

MA may well have since changed his mind. Or he may have just been making things up in all his interviews.

But if MA wants him to stay on are fans going to start shouting we want MA out in our new owners first season?

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Webbers future is likely dependent on the ownership. 

All the soundbites from MA are that he's incredibly keen to keep Webber on board. Since the Webbers played such a vital role in securing him onto the board that's hardly surprising.

MA may well have since changed his mind. Or he may have just been making things up in all his interviews.

But if MA wants him to stay on are fans going to start shouting we want MA out in our new owners first season?

Yes. .

MA out! 

🙃

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

If Webber is still here at the start of next season then we are in an extremely dark position.

The message was loud and clear today; we want Webber out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Webber is still here at the start of next season then we are in an extremely dark position.

The message was loud and clear today; we want Webber out.

Yeah. But it's not really the fans decision. Or at least, it shouldn't be. The fans aren't privy to everything they've done inside and around the club. 

Also if we go and make 6 or 7 really good signings in the summer I'd like to think people would stop worrying about Webber and any mountain related escapades.

38 minutes ago, Indy said:

I'm going to need my tin hat on! Russell & Robins would never come here as things are! I don't think MA is anywhere near as close to a deal as some think as he is an astute businessman and Delia regardless of what people think will only give up her control when there's no other option.......so I believe Wagner is still a very good fit and coach, just that as LYB said this squad is shot of confidence and not as good as we expected it to be! Maybe if we can move Webber into an admin looking at the business and infrastructure position and bring in a dedicated DOF to work with Wagner on the football side to look at our Cat 1system, scouting & future transfers it might be better all round.

I fully appreciated and agree with the discontent towards Webber and his player signings he's out of his depth there but his management of the other parts of the business must be considered! I'll get my tin hat on!

Kind of what @Google Bot said on a different thread re: Webber

There really isn't anything worth considering. Its results business. We are going backwards rapidly. Webber is acting like Boris Johnson. His record right now is terrible. He has spent all the money on poor players.

How can anyone defend him?

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yeah. But it's not really the fans decision. Or at least, it shouldn't be. The fans aren't privy to everything they've done inside and around the club. 

Also if we go and make 6 or 7 really good signings in the summer I'd like to think people would stop worrying about Webber and any mountain related escapades.

We're not going to make 6 or 7 real good signings. The height of our ambition is extending Onel's contract.

I think Webber is finished here.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

There really isn't anything worth considering. Its results business. We are going backwards rapidly. Webber is acting like Boris Johnson. His record right now is terrible. He has spent all the money on poor players.

How can anyone defend him?

Some are having a good go it’s got to be said

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes, if he performs well in his job role, and shows complete commitment, I dare say people will probably stop criticising him. Ultimately, if you think he deserved the praise for the first few years of over-achievement, it's also reasonable to suggest he deserves criticism for the last couple of years of under-achievement.

My personal feelings are that there is a big lack of leadership at the club currently, which has permeated from the echelons of the board all the way through into the first-team squad.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Based on the last 4 years I'd take 1 or 2 really good signings.

Edited by KeiranShikari

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We're not going to make 6 or 7 real good signings. The height of our ambition is extending Onel's contract.

I think Webber is finished here.

Possibly yes. If it was up to the fans I think he'd already be gone but I'm not sure the new owners will necessarily agree. Something to be aware of...

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yes, if he performs well in his job role, and shows complete commitment, I dare say people will probably stop criticising him. Ultimately, if you think he deserved the praise for the first few years of over-achievement, it's also reasonable to suggest he deserves criticism for the last couple of years of under-achievement.

My personal feelings are that there is a big lack of leadership at the club currently, which has permeated from the echelons of the board all the way through into the first-team squad.

Of course he deserves criticism - I don't think that it always necessarily has to equate to a sacking but I'm fully aware the general way football fans see things...

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

He hasn't made a worthwhile signing in two years. Why would anyone believe he will make 1 or 2 let alone 6 or 7 decent signings this summer? We all knew we were short in three specific areas: CB, DM and creative midfielder. Failed with all of that. And that is the Championship not EPL.

45 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

What was Wagner doing 2nd half, reading a book? Get rid, Dean Smith downgrade.

No Sitting next to his wife who kept telling him Ignore the singing she will not sack him 

53 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Based on the last couple of years I'd take 1 half decent signing,  and 1 who's only injured 50% of the time 👍

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

No Sitting next to his wife who kept telling him Ignore the singing she will not sack him 

Wagners wife was on the bench??? 😏

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Presuming that Webber won't get a stake in the club, of course.  It's entirely possible that he could move up from this role and someone comes in below him.

MA will be in America most his time, if we presume Delia/MWJ depart from the running of the club - then this creates a gap for someone to sit in a position that MA trusts, does it not?

I think the best we can hope for is a years hand over, from Webber to the Attansio's, until they find their own 'football' man.

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I would imagine our 'front office' will be larger and have less free reign than Webber has had over the last 5 years that's for sure.

It's possible he may not like having so much on his shoulders as it currently stands and is biding his time wanting the Attanasio deal to go through to create some structure. 

It could be argued that he's left to deal with so much outside of his remit as there's very few others capable or with the same ego or drive to take it on.

Delia/MWJ may be done with progressing and not wanting to be involved in new projects, commitments and the restructuring to get key people in the correct places.  Who knows.  Delia looks absolutely drained when you see her on watching from the stands.

I believe that Webber falls somewhere between the egotistical maniac with a free reign to the guy who's doing his best for the club but is now starting to drown.

Edited by Google Bot

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I think the best we can hope for is a years hand over, from Webber to the Attansio's, until they find their own 'football' man.

Attansio if he is as smart Businessman as made out i am sure he will have advisors the man he trusts with his businesses ,

With being a sports  owner in the USA he will know and i am sure he has his own people finding out all they can about the club 

he will not just believe everything he is told by Webber and co and the rest of them his people would have been working overtime,

the old saying of keep your " Friends close and your enemies closer "

IF and i do not know how Ruthless he is in business but he might be stu's mate now but once he gets what he wants might be totally different 

If they sacked Smith because of the fans - where does that leave them now?  

Farke had no chance in the Premier in either season with the players he had. The board should have had the courage to stand by him. To lose a good coach because they couldn’t recognise they had recruited second rate players was the biggest mistake. 

Let’s not forget how bad this squad is though - well short of second rate. Absolutely shocking group, and no link with the fans. Wagner is hopeless as well. 

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's possible he may not like having so much on his shoulders as it currently stands and is biding his time wanting the Attanasio deal to go through to create some structure. 

It could be argued that he's left to deal with so much outside of his remit as there's very few others capable or with the same ego or drive to take it on.

Delia/MWJ may be done with progressing and not wanting to be involved in new projects, commitments and the restructuring to get key people in the correct places.  Who knows.  Delia looks absolutely drained when you see her on watching from the stands.

I believe that Webber falls somewhere between the egotistical maniac with a free reign to the guy who's doing his best for the club but is now starting to drown.

A balanced post that I'll probably agree with in a couple of days.

• Haha 1