Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Swans*

On the positive, looks like a cracking game to try out different seats in the Barclay.  If I were there, I'd do a circle of the ground and have a little try out in each area.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 6

Just now, Samwam27 said:

Well have tired legs, so odd Wagner hasn't brought on any subs

The guy on SKY is taking the p*** saying we just aren’t trying anything new or bringing subs on.

16 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Yet implying that budget European players are the only ones capable of tactical awareness isn't?  Give me a break.

You are putting words in my mouth, I didn't say we weren't using UK talent, we had Aarons, Godfrey, Cantwell, (and McClean and Hanley) in that squad. What screwed us was losing the manager who knew how to add European talent like Pukki (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Krull (Newcastle couldn't sign him now because of Brexit) Stieperman (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Tettey (we probably couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Zimmermann (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Vrancic (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Buendia (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Vrancic (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), plus admitted underperformers Trybull and Leitner plus Heise and Drmic (at least the first two of which we couldn't sign now because of Brexit).

You think we could have found equivalent payers at similar prices in the UK?

Edited by Surfer

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Dean Smiths Blue and White army, being sung loudly at the King Power.

Hopefully it will land him a long term contract.🤣

5 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Let them suffer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Wagner leaving this shower to face the music when the final whistle goes.

Smart move.

• Like 1

Again another exciting game full of commitments from the city players but again Radio Norfolk will be saying we have got a chance of making play offs

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

You are putting words in my mouth, I didn't say we weren't using UK talent, we had Aarons, Godfrey, Cantwell, (and McClean and Hanley) in that squad. What screwed us was losing the manager who knew how to add European talent like Pukki (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Krull (Newcastle couldn't sign him now because of Brexit) Stieperman (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Tettey (we probably couldn't sign him now because of Brexit) Zimmermann (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Zimmermann (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Vrancic (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Buendia (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), Vrancic (we couldn't sign him now because of Brexit), plus admitted underperformers Trybull and Leitner plus Heise and Drmic and Heise (all but one of which we couldn't sign now because of Brexit). You think we could have found equivalent payers at similar prices in the UK?

Tettey was playing regularly for Rens and was a Norwegian international. So no problem for him

1 minute ago, Olano said:

Tettey was playing regularly for Rens and was a Norwegian international. So no problem for him

Fair enough. 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND MORE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS AND A BIGGER BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just now, Surfer said:

You are putting words in my mouth,

No I'm not. 

You're implying that we can only get tactically capable players from areas which Brexit now prohibits, correct?

That felt like the complete end of an era. A stale club from top to bottom.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

No I'm not. 

You're implying that we can only get tactically capable players from areas which Brexit now prohibits, correct?

No, it's like other aspects of Brexit, if you limit the market size you shop in / you sell into you get fewer choices and prices go up / fewer sales and prices fall. 

You can choose to play different tactics, as the rude Scottish fella did to equally great success, but if you want to play the way Farke did - to great success - after several years of dross with the remnants of the rude Scottish fella's UK based squad - you want to access as many talented technical players as you can. And Brexit has shut down that supply route for our club, and the sporting director got rid of that manager. 

Edited by Surfer

22 minutes ago, Haus said:

The failure was also selling our best player on promotion 

And there is that aspect too. 

Tzolis and Wagner deep in conversation, I expect he's asking what the **** is going on, if he can't get time in a team like that.

...Or Idah hit that seat so hard it took his front teeth out, and he was too scared to tell anyone mid-match. :classic_smile:

Edited by Google Bot

27 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Are season tickets refundable?

Players and Webber should pitch together to refund the tickets.

13 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Much negative crowd noise at the final whistle?

Ground was maybe 30- 20 percent full at final whistle