Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Swans*

Which of Idah and Sargent is going to be a fish out of water on a wing? Or are we trying the diamond?

One thing Smith and Wagner have in common no idea of formation of tactics, is this Webber thinking for taking Norwich forward ?

I recon 4231, with Idah up front and Sargent playing just behind. Goals Galore in this team. 

Just now, Conrad said:

I recon 4231, with Idah up front and Sargent playing just behind. Goals Galore in this team. 

Goals Galore against us ! 

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Which of Idah and Sargent is going to be a fish out of water on a wing? Or are we trying the diamond?

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

It wouldn't be a diamond with Hernandez playing. My guess is that Idah will play wide, which I'm not a fan of. He did well as an impact sub off the bench against QPR, so why not use him in the same manner again? He's well suited to it with his strength and power.

The potential of having two physically powerful front players is clear - but on recent evidence, neither player is fulfilling that potential - either singly or together.  Ok, they have both scored one goal each recently, but overall, our attack is weak, weak, weak - and the reason for that is the lack of a good enough midfield that is overun enough times to demonstrate the tactic isn't working.

So it is common sense to go back to a lone striker and have a stronger midfield. Injuries are playing a part, but if that is the case, Pukki could easily play a deeper role behind a striker.  I guess the thinking is now give Sargent and Idah as many minutes together as they will likely be the two main strikers next season and see if they can actually build a partnership.......trouble is, neither of them have a great touch, so playing them together doesn't look very promising.

They could prove me wrong, I hope so, but this afternoon could be more of the same - we'll be weak in attack, Swansea will benefit from our frequent giving the ball away cheaply, giving them the initiative - in the process likely out possessing us because they have learned how to keep the ball - and probably nick a goal or two on the strength of that. 

Hate to sound negative, but that is how I feel at the moment after Rotherham and QPR......

However, I'm often wrong, so that could mean a 6-0 win to us with Sargent and Idah hat tricks!  

Edited by lake district canary

Start Tzolis FFS, not Idah.  I'm sure either Onel or Tzolis can cope on the right side.

Leave Idah as an option for later as we'll have physicality up our sleeve if we need to put it on them, we should be starting a team that controls and creates chances. 

Anyone know why Marquinhos is nowhere to be seen - injuired?

Gutted as got the lurgy few days back and feel like crap today, probably miss a win now!  Sing up!!!

Edited by Google Bot

Tzolis what ever we going to do with him if he is not good enough to get into this team 

i can see him ending up being sold for about 2.5 million if he doesn't  play 

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Tzolis what ever we going to do with him if he is not good enough to get into this team 

The way things are going we will be lucky to get 2.5 million.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellow Wal said:

The way things are going we will be lucky to get 2.5 million.

For once we need an agent to actually do something to earn their money. He was apparently well thought of before we got him and were other clubs interested. Need his agent to go back to them peddling the injuries, couldn’t settle, rubbish manager excuses and offering a great opportunity to buy him back much cheaper than what we paid.

im not sure he is that bad but just don’t think it’s going to happen for him here.

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

"potential to be world class" as Farke once said about him..

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"potential to be world class" as Farke once said about him..

did not state world class footballer then ! he must play chess or something ? 

36 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Why's Idah starting ffs.

He's already scored his usual 2 goals for the season.

Maybe it was Idah or Marquinhos?

Glad that neither Hayden or Marquinhos playing. Ok play offs are still just about in touch (might not be in 90 mins) but lets play our players.

If Tzolis isn't performing in training he shouldn't be in the squad, but he is and would prefer we try him on the rigth and bring Idah on when legs are tiring

Going off the BBC feed it seems like both teams are cancelling each other out.

Hernandez. Signs new contract then goes back to being what he was. Cant beat a man and create. I know we ate only 15vin but cmon