Consistency is key and they've turned up every week. The last time they lost in the league was November! Astounding and well deserved. 

Well done Burnley, fully deserved and Kompany + Bellers have been a revelation there! Be very interested to see that style moulded for the PL

However, the comments on book of faces from PL... Sorry "football fans" just cements why I hate the PL - 99% of the comments are "they'll go straight back down - what do they bring to the premier league - another team who take up a space for someone else"  ... It isn't just us that gets this thrown at them - it's anyone who has the audacity to actually go back up after being relegated - because as we all know, unless you support a top 6 elite or moneybags fashionable club then your not really wanted at the top table 🙄

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jersey Canary said:

Didn’t they breach FFP? 

Quite the opposite.  Burnley have made such large profits over the past few years that the owners have taken out £150m in two years of ownership.  This year's signings were funded out of the sale of the best of the PL players.

The embargo is because the accounts were (still are) late, after a change of auditor in November.

7 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

Didn’t they breach FFP? 

Yes, they have had dodgy accounts and they will most likely face a transfer ban next season

But for now thats obviously not affecting them

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Not bad for a basket case. 

Kompany has done exceptionally well considering financially a basket case is exactly what they were.

Even the owner admitted the conversation with Kompany was a 3 year project to get promoted, this has come as a massive surprise to them..

Imagine Webber came out at the start of this season and said wait 3 years? Our fans would meltdown more than usual. And Burnley had 6 successive Premier League seasons so should have had bigger aspirations than us..

Great season for them, and just shows the importance of a manager/coach who's switched on and the club making clinical signings against that plan.

Is Weghorst still theirs for next season?  I know he's at United right now, but he must have a year at least left at Burnley.

Edited by Google Bot

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yes, they have had dodgy accounts and they will most likely face a transfer ban next season

But for now thats obviously not affecting them

Not true.

The current ban was imposed by the EFL because their accounts were late. Not only will this ban not apply in the Premier League because it's an EFL sanction, the ban will be overturned anyway once the accounts are filed. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not true.

The current ban was imposed by the EFL because their accounts were late. Not only will this ban not apply in the Premier League because it's an EFL sanction, the ban will be overturned anyway once the accounts are filed. 

Ah fair enough

9 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

However, the comments on book of faces from PL... Sorry "football fans" just cements why I hate the PL - 99% of the comments are "they'll go straight back down - what do they bring to the premier league - another team who take up a space for someone else"  ... It isn't just us that gets this thrown at them - it's anyone who has the audacity to actually go back up after being relegated - because as we all know, unless you support a top 6 elite or moneybags fashionable club then your not really wanted at the top table 🙄

This all over. Good for Burnley for going straight back up and I hope they throw some of those comments back in the faces of those 'fans' next season. If you want an example of a team who 'takes up a space for someone else', it's Everton.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Kompany has done exceptionally well considering financially a basket case is exactly what they were.

Even the owner admitted the conversation with Kompany was a 3 year project to get promoted, this has come as a massive surprise to them..

Imagine Webber came out at the start of this season and said wait 3 years? Our fans would meltdown more than usual. And Burnley had 6 successive Premier League seasons so should have had bigger aspirations than us..

I make the point only because of the certainty some educated posters provided that Burnley would be in meltdown if they got relegated. The narrative was clear . We would be ok as we were financially ok and Burnley would be out of business . 

12 months on and we are where we are. 

The moral of the story ? Some alter ego posters droning on about football finance ,  who claim academic superiority talk as much shïte as the rest of us ! 

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I make the point only because of the certainty some educated posters provided that Burnley would be in meltdown if they got relegated. The narrative was clear . We would be ok as we were financially ok and Burnley would be out of business . 

The moral of the story ? Some alter ego posters droning on about football finance ,  who claim academic superiority talk as much shïte as the rest of us ! 

To be fair, the normality of football and finance now generally dictates that big financial problems reflects itself on the pitch. Especially when Burnley had to lose their key players - again the meltdown had we had to do the same.

Also don't think that's unique to this forum, pundits expected them to struggle and Burnleys own fans were more concerned about a double relegation than promotion. 

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To be fair, the normality of football and finance now generally dictates that big financial problems reflects itself on the pitch. Especially when Burnley had to lose their key players - again the meltdown had we had to do the same.

Also don't think that's unique to this forum, pundits expected them to struggle and Burnleys own fans were more concerned about a double relegation than promotion. 

Wouldn’t argue with any of that. And , like you I would imagine, I actually couldn’t give a toss about Burnley anyway. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Wouldn’t argue with any of that. And , like you I would imagine, I actually couldn’t give a toss about Burnley anyway. 

I think the only interesting point is what Kompany does from here and if he’s as good as this season suggests, how he fairs in the Prem. But yes, quite right, I really couldn’t give a fk about Burnley 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

This all over. Good for Burnley for going straight back up and I hope they throw some of those comments back in the faces of those 'fans' next season. If you want an example of a team who 'takes up a space for someone else', it's Everton.

Given Burnley have only ever been relatgated what.. 2 or 3 times in their history bit odd to call them out as a 'relegation fodder' club

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given Burnley have only ever been relatgated what.. 2 or 3 times in their history bit odd to call them out as a 'relegation fodder' club

A few more times than that. Posted 12 years ago: "Burnley, having won the title in 1960, were one game away from non-league football 27 years later."

According to The Guardian some of their key players are only there on loan, and ideally would turn those into permanent deals.

Edited by PurpleCanary

If this seasons EPL is anything to go by, half the division are a couple of losses away from the bottom three. Massive gap to Chelsea, who surely won't be in that position next season. Burnley could well do OK. I thought their new ownership was there to clean them out but they have backed Company. And especially when all their stars up and left. If they do it next season they have a chance.

9 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

They certainly do on here. Burnley's financial and playing performance over 10 years is superb. As the Luton supporter states in the current WSC the contentions of some supporters to justify their own clubs machinations is beyond belief.

I don't really understand what the comment "another team who take up a space for someone else" is meant to mean. Who else would take that space if it weren't for another club in the Champ that would fair no better ?