Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Hernandez played well today

You know you can say this without calling out other posters right?

He did play very well, get him signed up Stuart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

You know you can say this without calling out other posters right?

He did play very well, get him signed up Stuart.

Given he's been one of our better players in recent matches no clue what some have against him that's all

I don't think it's much of a coincidence that our form fluctuates when he is in /out of the team. We really don't have any threat down the wings when he isn't on the pitch.

• Like 1

Funnily enough I thought he looked a bit below par today. Suspect he's not quite fully fit.

Which goes to show just how good he is. New contract nailed on as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

Funnily enough I thought he looked a bit below par today. Suspect he's not quite fully fit.

Which goes to show just how good he is. New contract nailed on as far as I'm concerned.

Wagner prior to the match said he was a "huge doubt" to play today

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

There was a break on in the first half where he had a yard on the defender but he just sunk into the pitch.

He played well overall. Just needs to get the balance right on his physique and speed. He looked a bit heavy to me.

11 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

We will all rate different players.

Yup, had Onel came on and blasted over like Idah today I doubt the OP would be slating him but he was certainly all over Idah. 

I don't even really not rate Hernandez. I just think he's the sort of player that needs to play every week to get anywhere near his best out of him and i don't think he's the starter for a team with aspirations for the top 2.

I personally wouldn't sign him on a depth option because we need to thinking about the future.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I personally wouldn't sign him on a depth option because we need to thinking about the future.

This was my thinking but I'd probably offer him a 1 year deal at this point, if he'd accept it that is. I was hoping that this second half of the season would be the perfect moment to bridge the gap from Onel to Tzolis/Rowe. That hasn't happened unfortunately, The young players we have there means that it isn't an area we want to be spending on either so Onel represents the obvious option in my view.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Yup, had Onel came on and blasted over like Idah today I doubt the OP would be slating him but he was certainly all over Idah. 

I don't even really not rate Hernandez. I just think he's the sort of player that needs to play every week to get anywhere near his best out of him and i don't think he's the starter for a team with aspirations for the top 2.

Exactly this. Wasn't good enough for us two years ago in this league and he isn't a starter for a top two team. Assuming that's what we want to be. His current impact is in a fight for 6th place.

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

I like Hernandez but I thought he and Marquinhos were both comfortably the worst performers of the starting 11 today.

Hernandez was involved in both goals if my memory serves me well. I agree Marquinhos was poor in the first half and perhaps adequate in the second. I can't see what he adds to the team. I assume we have to play him a certain number of times or the fee goes up.

• Confused 1

Thought Marquinos grew into the game in the second half. He's clearly still getting up to speed though.

Stylistically he's more of a Dowell type than the out and out winger I was expecting. 

That’s his one good game in 5 then isn’t it? 

no doubting his talent but is very inconsistent 

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

That’s his one good game in 5 then isn’t it? 

no doubting his talent but is very inconsistent 

To be fair I think he's gone up to 1 good game in 3.5 under Wagner so far.

40 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

he did the thing again

He did.

And Wagner praised the fans while wearing the club shop again. At least the tat is genuine🙃

We miss his pace and energy so much when he's out, such a top guy who loves the club and can't help but smile when you see him in this mood!

• Like 1

Onel well worth a new contract. At his best he can compete in a top 2 team because he literally did that for us under Farke in his first promotion season. Since then, his end product has improved.

I don't see him anywhere near a nailed on starter next season but he is incredibly effective at dragging us up the pitch which is both a defensive and offensive bonus.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, All the Germans said:

I like Hernandez but I thought he and Marquinhos were both comfortably the worst performers of the starting 11 today.

Funny how we see things differently,  I had Hernandez alongside Gibbs and Sara as our better performers.

Agree about Marquinhos though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

To be fair I think he's gone up to 1 good game in 3.5 under Wagner so far.

5 assists and 1 goal under wagner

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

The trouble is last time we decided to send him out on loan and get someone better in we spent millions and millions and ended up getting him back because the players we bought in were not as good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Shh that doesnt fit the narrative

What narrative? It’s clear for all to see he’s consistently inconsistent 

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

He did.

And Wagner praised the fans while wearing the club shop again. At least the tat is genuine🙃

More evidence of long term club progress and listening to the fans.

Under McNally, both Onel and his tattooist of choice (although I’m not suggesting here that they live together) would have received a 3am visit from SWAT teams for likely breach of IP/copyright 

• Haha 2