cambridgeshire canary

Aarons embarrassing us again..

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

That Twitter Account spends half it's time sharing Ipsh*t goals. Read between the lines guys.

They've singled him out for stuff that happens in every single game up and down the country. 

Anyone who wants Aarons to leave needs their head checking. He'll go on to a bigger club than us if he does, which kind of tells you what you need to know about our chances of equally replacing.

Then shared on here by the resident ……..

• Like 1

Max was caught. It didn't deserve the theatrical way he threw himself to the ground but loads of players do it nowadays. Trouble is you can't bad mouth the likes of Grealish and not at least comment on Max.

I sense his frustration this season. I've no idea if he wants out or not but it doesn't seen to be affecting his effort.

To be fair he's not the only miserable **** in that squad. Nonetheless it will be a sad day for me when he leaves.

Not sure I'm as keen as Google Bot to see the back of Aarons but the reality is he is no more than an average Champs right back. I think he'd struggle to get in a lower-half Prem team. 

He was at his peak a couple of seasons ago. I know he's still young but think he's been found out. There's a reason that big-money move to a top club never materialised.

27 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

I know he's still young but think he's been found out.

Specifically the recent tendency of teams (especially in the PL) to  set up an overload of big attackers on short full-backs means that his stock has definitely fallen. Obviously he can still become a better player but he can't become any taller. Personally I think he might struggle to find a PL move, certainly not at the price we might have hoped for a few years ago. And I say this as a huge fan of Max: we've been lucky to have him and I wish him well if he does end up going in the summer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

We're not prem league and we're not Man Utd.  He'd be around the 2-3m/year that Gibson is on.

It's peanuts vs the £15m+ drop off in valuation that Aaron's self preservation campaign has yielded.

Gibson isn't on £2-3 million a year. He's on around £2 million. And is allegedly our second highest earner after Pukki.

Williams isn't on £2-3 million a year. He's on over £3 million.

He had three years on his contract as well, so most of what we'd have got for selling Aarons would probably have been needed to encourage Man Utd to sell. The idea it was plausible to have sold Aarons and replaced him with Williams in the summer is pie in the sky.

10 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Specifically the recent tendency of teams (especially in the PL) to  set up an overload of big attackers on short full-backs means that his stock has definitely fallen. Obviously he can still become a better player but he can't become any taller. Personally I think he might struggle to find a PL move, certainly not at the price we might have hoped for a few years ago. And I say this as a huge fan of Max: we've been lucky to have him and I wish him well if he does end up going in the summer.

Max was targeted mercilessly because of his height. As was Jamal who got a 5 year deal at Newcastle but hardly plays. It's just how football has changed even since 2019.

I can sort of see why Smith and now Wagner play Idah and Sargent wide. They both have the physicality that's now required of that position. 

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Max was targeted mercilessly because of his height. As was Jamal who got a 5 year deal at Newcastle but hardly plays. It's just how football has changed even since 2019.

I can sort of see why Smith and now Wagner play Idah and Sargent wide. They both have the physicality that's now required of that position. 

They both have the physical size but frustratingly neither seem to really put themselves about - see Grant Holt or Iwan Roberts.

I'd kill to have Holty back in the side in his prime!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Williams isn't on £2-3 million a year. He's on over £3 million.

He's reportedly on that at United in the prem league - we're neither them, nor in the prem league.  'IF' he joined us at this level it would be around the similar bracket to Gibson.

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

The idea it was plausible to have sold Aarons and replaced him with Williams in the summer is pie in the sky.

I was referring to him coming in for another season on loan, hence the cost over a season.  We had the likes of Mumba, Byram, Dimi, Sorensen, McCallum available to fulfil either sides.

Aaron's sale could have funded a defensive midfielder which is far more critical position to fill than hanging on to a right back who doesn't want to be at the club and has been in self preservation mode for past season and a half.

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Yeah 100% Tzolis should be given chances.  Otherwise he stays on the books for seasons and just pisses out the door for 500k under our noses.  If the club believe he's this talent then come on, let's see him start to be bedded in ready for next season where he is at the age to start performing at this level.

Playing Idah out wide - I can't relate to, I think it's madness when there's a player who needs time.  I'll try and defend Idah but another player who cost us a critical chance early in the game, fumbled and delayed the ball when Pukki would've been clean through on goal.

As for Max - he's done here, wanted out several times before - bound by a contract with a club who see's him as their next big sale.  Sam brought far more positivity to the team when he came on, if I had a choice would've sold Max start of season and got Williams in - he's much more my kind of player, Max is holding back too much - self preservation i'm afraid.

I have no doubt he'd flourish if he got the move away.  He should be mid table prem league - but he's way off that with us.

Hey, thankfully it's a game of opinions.

To me, Aarons has been a loyal club servant playing so many games at such a young age. He's been a true professional and never downs tools. 

Tzolis on the other hand comes across like an unprofessional chubby waster who gives up as soon as a match gets remotely tough. He is lucky that he has time on his side and Wagner is giving him more opportunity than he's actually earned.

But if we had to get rid of one at the end of the season, for me it's Tzolis without even thinking about it.

• Like 2

Max is a great player . We are lucky to have him. I couldn’t give a shït what some Micky mouse , Binner leaning saddo thinks about him. 
The Binners would love Aarons to play for them. He never will. End of . 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, hogesar said:

But if we had to get rid of one at the end of the season, for me it's Tzolis without even thinking about it.

Tzolis has barely any legacy here, and such low saleable value that he'd be out in a heartbeat were that a genuine decision to be made. I don't think anyone would disagree.

Doesn't change my feelings that Aaron's should've been allowed to move in summer, for the good of the team.  Trouble is, I don't think any sensible offers were on the table for him.  Hence why he's here.

Edited by Google Bot

I don't mind it at all. Teams cheated and dived against us all the time every match when we were in the PL and usually got the decision as well. There's an argument to be made that we shouldn't need to dive at this level when we should have enough to win games honestly but teams in the PL shouldn't need to cheat and dive to beat us but they did, anyone remember Ronaldo's antics last year when they beat us through the penalty he won? After all the cr4p we've taken I like seeing us give some back. It's part of the game now, we either go with it or get exploited by it.  

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

And then see Aarons leave for £0 a year later?

He has to be sold this summer if we want to see a fee, a contract extension is not a realistic proposition.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Tzolis has barely any legacy here, and such low saleable value that he'd be out in a heartbeat were that a genuine decision to be made. I don't think anyone would disagree.

Doesn't change my feelings that Aaron's should've been allowed to move in summer, for the good of the team.  Trouble is, I don't think any sensible offers were on the table for him.  Hence why he's here.

How can you allow someone to move if there are no sensible offers? This does not make sense.

6 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

How can you allow someone to move if there are no sensible offers? This does not make sense.

Try selling a £15k car for £35k and see how many sensible offers you have come in for it.  We priced him out of a move a long while back.

Just now, Google Bot said:

Try selling a £15k car for £35k and see how many sensible offers you have come in for it.  We priced him out of a move a long while back.

A 15k offer for a 15k car with an asking price of 35k is still sensible; it is the asking price that is not sensible. I think you meant "no acceptable offers". Acceptable and sensible are different things.

27 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I think you meant "no acceptable offers". Acceptable and sensible are different things.

I specifically wrote 'sensible' offers because that's what I meant.  i.e. the perceived market value which is around the £15m region.

I don't think we even had those kind offers on the table for him, let alone what the club would deem 'acceptable'.  Because clubs and agents know we have an over-inflated price for him due to the 2 year contract remaining.

Edited by Google Bot

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Tzolis on the other hand comes across like an unprofessional chubby waster who gives up as soon as a match gets remotely tough. He is lucky that he has time on his side and Wagner is giving him more opportunity than he's actually earned.

A bit harsh imo. Only just 21, still finding his way in the English game. A confidence player without a doubt, just lacking confidence and still with a lot to learn about how to make the best of what he's got.  The goal he scored a few weeks ago was sublime with how easy he made it look. We need that kind of quality and he has that.  We need to build him up, not knock him down.

• Like 1

Whilst I agree Aaron's dive on Saturday was utterly embarrassing I do hope that those Twitter accounts have posted the same about Kane last night?

15 hours ago, Google Bot said:

He's reportedly on that at United in the prem league - we're neither them, nor in the prem league.  'IF' he joined us at this level it would be around the similar bracket to Gibson.

I was referring to him coming in for another season on loan, hence the cost over a season.  We had the likes of Mumba, Byram, Dimi, Sorensen, McCallum available to fulfil either sides.

Aaron's sale could have funded a defensive midfielder which is far more critical position to fill than hanging on to a right back who doesn't want to be at the club and has been in self preservation mode for past season and a half.

It’s when you write utter sh*t like this that I wonder if you are a Norwich fan at all. Aarons has long be one of our best players and has shown great loyalty. To see you accuse him of being in ‘ self preservation mode’ and not wanting to be here is rubbish when he has arguably been our most consistent player. Threads like this one and some of the comments on Pukki make me wonder whether some fans deserve these players. Fill the team with your favourites. You can deceive yourself into thinking they are good as we tumble down the table. I assume players don’t read this forum, but if they did they would surely have a right to question the IQ level, if not the sanity of some of the posters.

15 hours ago, Richard Richard said:

They both have the physical size but frustratingly neither seem to really put themselves about - see Grant Holt or Iwan Roberts.

I'd kill to have Holty back in the side in his prime!

Remember in his early career, Holty was played out wide at Wednesday and never really shone. In fact he never really got to play as a lone front man until he came to Norwich at 28 (?). I'm not saying we have to persevere with the guys we have for another 5 or 6 years until they come good like Holty, just that our recruitment squad could be missing other gems out their playing for the likes of Shrewsbury etc. 

36 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It’s when you write utter sh*t like this that I wonder if you are a Norwich fan at all.

Calm down, it's only an opinion.  Second time you've resorted to cursing and trying to get personal.

Edited by Google Bot

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

A bit harsh imo. Only just 21, still finding his way in the English game. A confidence player without a doubt, just lacking confidence and still with a lot to learn about how to make the best of what he's got.  The goal he scored a few weeks ago was sublime with how easy he made it look. We need that kind of quality and he has that.  We need to build him up, not knock him down.

He could do with looking vaguely fit to gain a bit of leeway with fans then. Giving up on runs 25 minutes into a game isn't going to help. Falling over and shrugging shoulders isn't going to help when you've not really offered much either.

18 hours ago, Diane said:

What a stupid thread @cambridgeshire canary everyone knows The 72 account is run by Ipswich fans, why give them more airtime? 

Well CC doesn't watch games at Carrow Rd so where is he watching games? Maybe Suffolk Pony would be a more appropriate name.

13 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I specifically wrote 'sensible' offers because that's what I meant.  i.e. the perceived market value which is around the £15m region.

I don't think we even had those kind offers on the table for him, let alone what the club would deem 'acceptable'.  Because clubs and agents know we have an over-inflated price for him due to the 2 year contract remaining.

Then I go back to my original statement. It is not a sensible statement to suggest we should have let him go despite not receiving any sensible offers.

14 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

It is not a sensible statement to suggest we should have let him go despite not receiving any sensible offers.

We could've worked with the player and his management to facilitate a move that would generate sensible offers, very simple.

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Calm down, it's only an opinion.  Second time you've resorted to cursing and trying to get personal.

My view is also, as you say, only a option. Just one with considerably more evidence behind it than yours.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

My view is also, as you say, only a option. Just one with considerably more evidence behind it than yours.

So evidentially i'm a c**t, have low IQ and my support is questionable, all because I don't share your opinion? 

If only we had more people like you in the world, it would be such a nicer place.

9 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Remember in his early career, Holty was played out wide at Wednesday and never really shone. In fact he never really got to play as a lone front man until he came to Norwich at 28 (?). I'm not saying we have to persevere with the guys we have for another 5 or 6 years until they come good like Holty, just that our recruitment squad could be missing other gems out their playing for the likes of Shrewsbury etc. 

Didn't know Holty played out wide before coming to City. 

100% agree with the sentiment about us missing out on gems in the lower leagues, just seems our focus seems to be looking overseas (which, based on Sara, Tzolis, Rachica, Sargent and Nunez, seems to mean paying a premium).

Sara aside, surely there's some similar-quality golden nuggets in the lower leagues available at decent prices?

Easy for me to say from the comfort of my sofa!