chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Shef Utd (H/L) ****

The sad thing is, Iwished I had papered the landing for that 45 minutes. I keep hearing that there is progress from so and so and so and needs time but we have played 39 games and it isn't any better.

Billy Sharp will score the winner from the bench.  Bloody typical.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Tend to forget out matches against Sheffield have been a bit spicy for the last couple years.

Good to get into the half not losing, honestly if the match ends 0-0 it would be a good result.

They've always brought out the aggression in us. Dislikable managers tend to stoke it up too.

Strangely I miss Colin when in his pomp

We need to win this. We need to push Idah and Sarg up front as target men if we're going to continue playing long balls. Bring Pukki off and put Sorensen alongside McLean... Push Sara up where he's more effective behind the front two. Let Sorensen and McLean do the dirty work... McLean has that quarterback quality which we can utilise.

Not the best so far - neither side playing very well.  Pukki seems to have misplaced far more passes than he’s made, hopefully saving up a second half brace.  They look more confident but being in second and in a cup semi will do that to a side.

Lack of guile and creativity costing us again.  I guess that's always going to happen when you have Idah and Sargent playing in 2 of the 3 behind pukki.

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

We need to win this. We need to push Idah and Sarg up front as target men if we're going to continue playing long balls. Bring Pukki off and put Sorensen alongside McLean... Push Sara up where he's more effective behind the front two. Let Sorensen and McLean do the dirty work... McLean has that quarterback quality which we can utilise.

Idah - clueless. Take him off. Put Sorensen at left back and push Dimi up

You can ping balls up to Sarge all day long but he is like a pinball pop bumper. 

Just now, NFN FC said:

Idah - clueless. Take him off. Put Sorensen at left back and push Dimi up

You can ping balls up to Sarge all day long but he is like a pinball pop bumper. 

This match is screaming for Hernandez on the wing.. Need him back from injury soon as possible

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I wished I had papered the landing for that 45 minutes. 

What's this a euphemism for?

• Haha 2

What a horrible team they are. Pukki got barged off the pitch by that piece of sh!t Baldock & the ref took no notice (that was a penalty on Max BTW), that's why it kicked off with the throw on. They started off by trying to kick us off the park & it's been the same all game, as it always is with them.

We're trying to out-horrible them but we're no good at it. All rather depressing.

• Like 2

Same old issues not being addressed. Idah couldn't pick a pass if he tried, where there's be numerous opportunities for him thread through balls. Thats what you get when you put a striker as a wide player. Sargeant poor, Pukki poor and marquinhos still look unfit and rusty. Why I waste my Saturdays watching this dross

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

What's this a euphemism for?

Urban Dictionary may have an answer.

4 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

Once again we are no threat up front 3 strikers not an attempt on goal as I have said before you will not win with no shots end off

They’ve had no shots on target either. I missed the first half but is this not two similar teams nullifying each other?

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Feel sorry for the fans sitting in the front rows today. It's pouring down now.

Thats the excuse for after the match then.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

This match is making me delighted I bought Blackburn tickets last night 🤣

I'm in a box at Swansea game. Couldn't be more disinterested

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair Dimi should have given away a penalty a minute ago so guess this makes up for it

That wasn’t a pen in a million years.  

• Like 2