Sign in to follow this  
Bert

If Idah is the answer

What is the question, never ever has a decent game with a decent performance 

Who should we have sold rather than giving a new contract?

It’s been like playing with 10 men in that first half having Idah in the team. If he’s not being used as big centre forward lump shouldn’t be in the team.

Had a good game against Milwall, to single him out amongst the other at least 6 players out there who are having a mare is ridiculous 

• Like 3

Idle and clueless, best sums him up!

Players can be poor in ability, which he is, but to amble around letting others do his work is shameful.

He is an enigma. Built like a middleweight, plays like a flyweight. Not sure what his role is. He certainly isn't winning any long balls.

He is just not Championship material and never will be, all our underperforming players have improved under Wagner except Idah.

Sargent on for him 👍

I stated he was a L2/ L1striker some years ago. Always the next best thing but never actually able to step up. He’s no longer that young. A modern day Ryan Jarvis I fear. What he did to secure a new 5yr deal is beyond me. But I can’t, for the life of me, see that it was football related. Would love to be proved wrong 

• Like 1

Easily one of the worst players we've ever had. The 5 year deal is an absolute mystery, we can't even get 5 minutes of quality out of him.

Shocking player.

He must be better than this. His contract suggests he's got something about him... his performances suggest he is absolutely dreadful unfortunately. Hopefully he turns it around but it's difficult to see right now.

I don't see why he shouldn't be singled out, week in week out he plays like he's made out of sugar. The so-called positives people call on to provide a counter-argument are just fundamental prerequisites that every footballer should be capable of and even those, he's bang average at. 

Yes - pretty much the whole team has been so off it today, it's been truly painful to watch - truth is, we're being thoroughly Mowbrayed here - but Idah was once again an anonymous passenger. 

We can't all be wrong. 

5 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I don't see why he shouldn't be singled out, week in week out he plays like he's made out of sugar. The so-called positives people call on to provide a counter-argument are just fundamental prerequisites that every footballer should be capable of and even those, he's bang average at. 

Yes - pretty much the whole team has been so off it today, it's been truly painful to watch - truth is, we're being thoroughly Mowbrayed here - but Idah was once again an anonymous passenger. 

We can't all be wrong. 

So were all the rest weren't they? Did you watch the second half?

99% of this message board were wrong about Harry Kane weren't they?

I´d imagine there are a lot of possible answers. 

I´ll go with who has the worst first touch in the Championship.

One short free kick routine that managed to send us back about 20 yards off a simple pass into feet!!

Don´t think there´s a lot of vitriol though and think there is a lot of good will for teh guy being as he´s been with us a long time.  Needs a loan a la Cantwell to Holland.  Just needs to get out somewhere, anywhere that´s a bit different for a season and see if he can hit double figures.  

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yes, they were all awful. 

As was Kane in his short stint here, he wasn't what we needed at that time. If you're suggesting we should lay off Idah in case he metamorphoses into a Kane-like worldie, that's pushing the creative envelope way beyond realms of feasibility. 

Yes I watched every dire minute and quite frankly,  I want my Sunday afternoon back. 

24 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

But he wasn't talking about the others. He was talking about Idah.

9 minutes ago, mrdi said:

As was Kane in his short stint here, he wasn't what we needed at that time. If you're suggesting we should lay off Idah in case he metamorphoses into a Kane-like worldie, that's pushing the creative envelope way beyond realms of feasibility. 

Yes I watched every dire minute and quite frankly,  I want my Sunday afternoon back. 

I'm not. I always get p*ssed off when a brain dead section of our supporters starts scapegoating one of our players - whoever that player may be. 

Idah started all of our recent wins and did a perfectly reasonable job in all of those games.

Imagine if he had played 13 games at Carrow Road in the centre forward position and not scored once. (and I'm not suggesting that people get on Teemu's back either). 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But he wasn't talking about the others. He was talking about Idah.

That's my point - it isn't difficult - the whole team were poor today (except maybe Gunn) and there's only one player who gets a thread started about them having a go at them - it looks like scapegoating to me. 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Whole team having a bad game - tw*t comes on message board to have a go at Idah. 

Agreed. And all the others who lay into a young player who has been doing ok in recent weeks.  Those hailing Sargent when he came on.........well his contribution was not great either.

It was a poor team perfromance. Idah struggled, but so did they all.

He’s an out and out forward, that’s all!   Can’t expect much in that position except for more effort but he just looks uncomfortable out wide and probably fed up he’s not getting a chance…. He needs to do better though!     Sargent isn’t the answer either!    

If the Premier League is the answer then please not us!!! Wagner needs a season at least to sort this, we have nothing capable at that level!   

What grates with fans, and this resonates with EVERY supporter I have encountered, is the five year contract  that the club has seen fit to offer Idah.
If Idah is the sum of our ambition over the next five years, then the future is extremely bleak.

Re-signing Carlton Morris would have shown more ambition!

30 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Kane wasn't awful when he was here. And I'm not saying Idah is awful.

But when you watched Kane you could tell he had the touch and awareness and he was doing the right things on the pitch.

Idah is lacking that real sharp touch, the awareness of what's around him and the speed of thought.

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's my point - it isn't difficult - the whole team were poor today (except maybe Gunn) and there's only one player who gets a thread started about them having a go at them - it looks like scapegoating to me. 

Aarons has one now. 

Thing is, there is always one player who draws the attention. Idah, having signed a long contract, needs to prove himself worthy of it. I said he was an enigma. He has all the attributes but he needs a far bigger heart than he has. Get one of those, and we could be in business.

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Agreed. And all the others who lay into a young player who has been doing ok in recent weeks.  Those hailing Sargent when he came on.........well his contribution was not great either.

It was a poor team perfromance. Idah struggled, but so did they all.

He's 22 so hardly a kid and shown nothing in all the time he's been here show he'll ever be good enough. Like I said League 2 will be his level.

Not his fault he got that utterly ridiculous contract but that will bring questions with it.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Aarons has one now. 

Thing is, there is always one player who draws the attention. Idah, having signed a long contract, needs to prove himself worthy of it. I said he was an enigma. He has all the attributes but he needs a far bigger heart than he has. Get one of those, and we could be in business.

Of course he does - I agree with that - but he's got a five year contract and people are laying into him after 5 weeks of a five year contract. It's ridiculous!

• Like 1