Now, go with me on this one guys

how do we feel about this

“Match of the Day - A new Amazon original series”

???

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know that it's officially called the Republic of China and that very few UN members recognise a country called Taiwan, beyond that not really.

Well you see to run a very long and complicated story short once upon a time China was not communist, and was being ran as the Republic of China. Then World war 2 happens, the Republic of China get's a little weaker and starts collapsing and a little civil war kicks off just after the end of world war 2. In the end of this war the previous goverment of China (Republic of China) that was being run by the Kuomintang (Chinese political party) ends up being kicked out of power by the Chinese Communist Party and so the hammer and sickle get's to fly above China. Needless to say the Kuomintang were very worried by this and probably said something like "Yo dawg this commie stuff is pretty like, lame" and ran off to a little island that's known as Taiwan and ended up becoming one of the main political parties on the island and are still in goverment there to this day (although they don't have a majority)

To this day the Kuomintang refuses to accept the Chinese Communist Party as a 'real' goverment and will tell you that they are illegaly holding and occupying China.

At least most of that has come straight out of my brain so don't blame me if I got some details wrong

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

16 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Now, go with me on this one guys

how do we feel about this

“Match of the Day - A new Amazon original series”

???

A tax avoiding supposed lefty taking Bezos dosh to eek out a couple of lucrative bonus years at the end of a faltering career before he retires to become a full time virtue signaller on twitter? Yes, can see that. 

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Unfortunately Michael McIntyre's at The Wheel. Fabulous Saturday night viewing on the Beeb.

I’m watching Luther on Netflix 

BBC did well there lol

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The human race deserves eradication and a reset we are a parasite on this planet.

Fascinating thing, the human race. Creative and destructive on probably equal levels. If the creative side gets too far ahead, the destructive side has to try and spoil it. The destructive side gets too far ahead and the creative side has to kick back and get things back on the creative curve again.

Studying history shows this over and over, the trouble is, we are now at a stage where the human race could destroy itself at some stage.  Manufactured viruses, biological warfare, warfare, nuclear armageddon, environmental destruction - not through lack of knowledge but through lack of the will to change it......and all the time we are supposed to be good little citizens and not rock the boat........

I've not got a lot of time for an overpaid ex-footballer who happened to be quite affable as a tv presenter, but at least he stands by his views. There are plenty of messages from history, perhaps if more high profile people in our lives stood up to the establishment, the powers that be might have to take more notice.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Fascinating thing, the human race. Creative and destructive on probably equal levels. If the creative side gets too far ahead, the destructive side has to try and spoil it. The destructive side gets too far ahead and the creative side has to kick back and get things back on the creative curve again.

Studying history shows this over and over, the trouble is, we are now at a stage where the human race could destroy itself at some stage.  Manufactured viruses, biological warfare, warfare, nuclear armageddon, environmental destruction - not through lack of knowledge but through lack of the will to change it......and all the time we are supposed to be good little citizens and not rock the boat........

I've not got a lot of time for an overpaid ex-footballer who happened to be quite affable as a tv presenter, but at least he stands by his views. There are plenty of messages from history, perhaps if more high profile people in our lives stood up to the establishment, the powers that be might have to take more notice.

There are two sides to us humans.

The side smart enough to build machines and rockets and able to fly off into space and land on the moon.

And there's the other side of us which is an angry, screaming monkey wanting to kill and destroy anything it does not like.

Can you guess which of those two sides wins more often?

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

The side smart enough to build machines and rockets and able to fly off into space and land on the moon.

And there's the other side of us which is an angry, screaming monkey wanting to kill and destroy anything it does not like.

ChatGBT - we smarts Cambrid Canari 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Blatantly the latter or we wouldn’t live in the world we do 

We are communicating remotely over the internet right now. It’s a goddam miracle mate.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Blatantly the latter or we wouldn’t live in the world we do 

We are communicating remotely over the internet right now. It’s a goddam miracle mate.

You meant former then.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You meant former then.

Lol yeah, you’ve got it

Im not perfect, I’m no Gary Linekar that’s for sure. 

BTW everyone the new Luther movie on Netflix is really good. just shows what you can do when you take a BBC property and put it in the hands of somebody who knows what they’re doing

Line of Duty next? Hopefully!

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Confirmed that MOTD will be 20 minutes long with zero commentaries.

Dreams do come true people, don’t ever stop believing.

• Like 1

Yep, an article that is more than a year old tweeted by a GBeebies presenter really move the dial in this debate.

Well if you are total moron, it does.

6 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Yep, an article that is more than a year old tweeted by a GBeebies presenter really move the dial in this debate.

It’s actually a guardian article from over a year ago that is discussing his continued use of Twitter to push his political views. 

The person that tweeted it is irrelevant. Unless you’re a total moron….

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigFish said:

It's a Guardian article relating to a tax issue that's still ongoing; the political tweet element of his tax avoidance argument is therefore still relevant.

Still ongoing as of 3rd Match 2023.

https://taxdisputes.co.uk/2023/03/gary-linekers-ongoing-ir35-tax-dispute-with-hmrc/#:~:text=Gary Lineker facing £4.9,liability of £4.9 million.

• Like 2

Just now, Diane said:

Just 20 mins tonight 🤣

20230311_202530.jpg

I guess once you cut out the bits where the pundits are circle jerking over each other...this is the normal amount of football you actually get.

I'm defo watching; I wonder if they'll zoom in on Lineker's face as each of Chelsea's goals go in?

OTBC

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's a Guardian article relating to a tax issue that's still ongoing; the political tweet element of his tax avoidance argument is therefore still relevant.

Still ongoing as of 3rd Match 2023.

https://taxdisputes.co.uk/2023/03/gary-linekers-ongoing-ir35-tax-dispute-with-hmrc/#:~:text=Gary Lineker facing £4.9,liability of £4.9 million.

To be fair to Lineker the migrant issue is very close to his heart and, like most sensible people, he does honestly think that brexit was a **** idea and the some of the policies of this government are awful. Not everyone has an ulterior motive for what they say or write.

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

To be fair to Lineker the migrant issue is very close to his heart and, like most sensible people, he does honestly think that brexit was a **** idea and the some of the policies of this government are awful. Not everyone has an ulterior motive for what they say or write.

And having a nearly £5 million tax bill written off in the process is an added bonus 

55 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Confirmed that MOTD will be 20 minutes long with zero commentaries.

Bonkers, they're not restricted to showing 20 minutes of coverage, why not just show more football, or are we being punished too?

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Bonkers, they're not restricted to showing 20 minutes of coverage, why not just show more football, or are we being punished too?

Maybe some of the shows editors and producers decided that they weren't working today either.

10 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

And having a nearly £5 million tax bill written off in the process is an added bonus 

Nice distraction technique you've got going there. Bravo.👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder why no-one's pushing quite so hard on the top dogs at the BBC and the overreaction from the government to a tweet? 

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

Nice distraction technique you've got going there. Bravo.👏

I look forward to Saint Gary’s day and our new bank holiday next year. I’m sure the £5 million hasn’t at all entered his mind in all this…

Edited by Virtual reality

37 minutes ago, Herman said:

That's something that really annoys me about his political tweeting. He'll make popular comments from an idle bystander issue, but not so far as to give any leadership or try to inspire any actual action.

You had conservatives and Labour politicians defecting to the lib Dems and dashing their careers trying to inspire some so-called remainers to vote on principle to make a difference while Corbyn was tearing into them on the usual tuition fee rubbish but giving no opposition on Brexit himself , while lineker was standing on the sidelines in a position to inspire someone, but ultimately contributing nothing.

I think this is a large part of why I get so irritated with erstwhile remainers still going on about it.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie